What is the difference between Americans proud to be American and those that hate America....Knowledge!

No you are a republic with democratically elected representatives.

If this were a true democracy the public would be voting on every law that would be passed, every regulation that would plague us.

but in reality Congress doesn;t give a fuck what the people think.

Why you imbeciles trust the fucking government so much is a fucking mystery to me.

There are no true Democracies……They don’t exist
Most of the world has Republics

Not all are Democracies

I trust the Government because it was formed by We the People

Wrong! Another moron who doesn't know the difference between a democracy and a republic which chooses SOME of its government (not even MOST of it) via democratic means.
If you vote for your Representatives…..you are a DEMOCRACY

In a direct democracy, the people have the direct authority to deliberateand decide legislation. In a representative democracy, the people choose governing officials through elections to do so.

There are no true Democracies……They don’t exist
Most of the world has Republics

Not all are Democracies

I trust the Government because it was formed by We the People

So you agree that we are not a democracy we are a republic with democratically elected representatives

And if we the people were the government then Congress would actually do what the people wanted

So you agree that we are not a democracy we are a republic with democratically elected representatives

And if we the people were the government then Congress would actually do what the people wanted

Have you always struggled with reading comprehension?

You must be a conservative

Have you always struggled with reading comprehension?

You must be a conservative

No unlike you I just happen to know that words mean things.

The United States of America is defined as a constitutional republic.

No unlike you I just happen to know that words mean things.

The United States of America is defined as a constitutional republic.

So is China and N Korea

But they are not a Democracy

How does wanting to keep all oil in the USA require nationalizing US oil?

FACTUALLY.. the USA exports..Crude oil of about 3.60 million b/d accounted for 38% of total U.S. gross petroleum exports.

Now Congress should force BIDEN to refill the SPR... the SPR (authorized storage capacity of 714 million barrels)
BUT because Biden has sold off more than 40 percent of the SPR last year to help limit rising fuel prices after Russia invaded Ukraine, leaving the stockpile at its lowest levels since the early 1980s.
Biden sold off nearly half the U.S. oil reserve. Is it ready for a crisis?
BUT remember Biden's guarantee?
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

You cannot dictate to private industry who they sell to.

No you are a republic with democratically elected representatives.

If this were a true democracy the public would be voting on every law that would be passed, every regulation that would plague us.

but in reality Congress doesn;t give a fuck what the people think.

Why you imbeciles trust the fucking government so much is a fucking mystery to me.

Rightwinger is correct.

How does wanting to keep all oil in the USA require nationalizing US oil?

FACTUALLY.. the USA exports..Crude oil of about 3.60 million b/d accounted for 38% of total U.S. gross petroleum exports.

Now Congress should force BIDEN to refill the SPR... the SPR (authorized storage capacity of 714 million barrels)
BUT because Biden has sold off more than 40 percent of the SPR last year to help limit rising fuel prices after Russia invaded Ukraine, leaving the stockpile at its lowest levels since the early 1980s.
Biden sold off nearly half the U.S. oil reserve. Is it ready for a crisis?
BUT remember Biden's guarantee?
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

The US imports 7-9 million bpd mostly from Canada and Mexico.. we're buying from Venezuela again. When Trump was president he sanctioned Venezuela .. forcing US to buy from Russia.

You're right about ignorance being a problem. Trump has a 4th grade vocabulary.

When Trump tried to steal the 2020 election, it was an assault on our Democracy not our Republic.

Trump tried to overturn the vote of the people and have Representatives of the Republic overturn the vote of the people.

Trump tried to use the Republic against the Democracy

Rightwinger is correct.
both blues man & rightwinger are correct.
THe difference is in the wording.

USA is not a direct democracy, where citizens vote on specific issues. Instead we are a representative democracy, where the representatives do the work specific issues, then the citizens democratically elect those representatives.

it was never an issue prior to Trump. It becomes contentious because our democracy rating was downgraded as Trump came into office.

USA is not a direct democracy, where citizens vote on specific issues. Instead we are a representative democracy, where the representatives do the work specific issues, then the citizens democratically elect those representatives.

it was never an issue prior to Trump. It becomes contentious because our democracy rating was downgraded as Trump came into office.
Exactly what I claimed in post 222

The US imports 7-9 million bpd mostly from Canada and Mexico.. we're buying from Venezuela again. When Trump was president he sanctioned Venezuela .. forcing US to buy from Russia.

You're right about ignorance being a problem. Trump has a 4th grade vocabulary.
Right and if you are a greenie like Biden why would you encourage Venezuela to continue being ranked the highest with 98 kilograms of CO2 per barrel of oil (kgC02/bbl) produced.
Instead dummies like Biden and you shake your heads in agreement with this totally ignorant "GUARANTEE"!
Biden as President saying..."I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

Now as far as Trump's 4th grade vocabulary.
According to a 2020 report by the U.S. Department of Education, 54% of adults in the United States have English prose literacy below the 6th-grade level.[2]

And maybe that's why most of those Americans that make America work, voted for Trump including me for both terms.
Maybe while most of us (including you!) don't know what "eleemosynary" means..(relating to or dependent on charity; charitable) we aren't and WE are the givers including what I'm sure you don't know about Trump is that he like JFK and Hoover donated their salaries..(Trump $1.6 million) to charity. Unlike charity recipients like You..Surada, we 54% of Adults, that most voted for Trump GIVE (72% of Democrats and 75% of Republicans)

BS, of course. Biden HAS the tools in place to close the border. He always HAS had them. He's merely chosen to ignore them.

No he really does not. the COVID emergency authority is over and people have a legal right to seek asylum. If the border bill being held up by the GOP were to pass, it accelerate processing/deporting illegals; it would set caps on how many could come in to 1400 per day.

Correct. No one claimed that the US was a direct democracy.

And you're whining that your right.

You're not.

I have to laugh at conservatives who are being told by their media…

If someone defends our Democracy, show outrage and declare…..We are not a Democracy, we are a REPUBLIC

If you vote, you are a Democracy
If you are a Republic, you do not necessarily vote

Why Republicans are attacking our Democracy

Forum List

Back