Lake Meade original water intake valve is visible for the first time since 1971

You mean besides the obvious that bubbles inflate and that's why they are called bubbles instead of flats?
Right. Besides that generalization. Where did you read it? Post something or everyone will think you made it up to support your pet theory. Surely you can find a valid like if you did not make it up, as if it were common knowledge, to the specificity you have adopted.

Right. Besides that generalization. Where did you read it? Post something or everyone will think you made it up to support your pet theory. Surely you can find a valid like if you did not make it up, as if it were common knowledge, to the specificity you have adopted.
I don't care if you don't believe that bubbles inflate and burst.

I don't care if you don't believe that bubbles inflate and burst.
Great, great! Mankind from the beginning has been nothing but a bubble and one day will end, of its own or by outside force. Right? Aw, the rising bubble of humanity. Learn to live with it and enjoy, like the rest of us, instead of living in fear that it may run out before you run out.

Great, great! Mankind from the beginning has been nothing but a bubble and one day will end, of its own or by outside force. Right?
Not exactly. The dot com bubble, the housing bubble, the credit bubble, the standard of living bubble, etc are events.

Aw, the rising bubble of humanity. Learn to live with it and enjoy, like the rest of us, instead of living in fear that it may run out before you run out.
Yes, some do live only for the day. That's usually what is seen in periods of adversity though. It's not how I would do it in times of plenty.

It's because I expect it to occur that I don't fear it. If there is something you can do about it, why worry?

Not exactly. The dot com bubble, the housing bubble, the credit bubble, the standard of living bubble, etc are events.

Yes, some do live only for the day. That's usually what is seen in periods of adversity though. It's not how I would do it in times of plenty.

It's because I expect it to occur that I don't fear it. If there is something you can do about it, why worry?

Describe for us this "standard of living" bubble burst ... [dot]com caused computer prices to crash , the house bubble caused housing prices to crash, not sure what you mean by credit bubble ... but the first bubble, tulip prices crashed ...

What do you mean when you predict "the cost of the standard of living will crash"? ...

Describe for us this "standard of living" bubble burst ... [dot]com caused computer prices to crash , the house bubble caused housing prices to crash, not sure what you mean by credit bubble ... but the first bubble, tulip prices crashed ...

What do you mean when you predict "the cost of the standard of living will crash"? ...
The low cost of money starting in 2000 when China began flooding the US credit market with dollars because of decreased purchasing power of US dollars in other countries. Which ultimately led to bad loans, CBO's and the collapse of financial markets in 2008. That credit bubble is only starting to burst now though.

Did I say the cost of the standard of living bubble will crash? Or did I say the standard of living bubble will collapse. Because it's the latter.

Think of standard of living in terms of having money available for discretionary spending. When that dries up the next thing to cut will be non-discretionary spending which affects one's standard of living.

C'mon man, you're a smart guy.

... in 2000 when China began flooding the US credit market with dollars ...

Paranoid much? ... pray tell, how did China flood the US Markets with dollars? ... or is this something your precious sweetheart George XLIII caused ...

So you're saying the "sub-prime mortgage market" never happened? ... if no one cares about Lake Meade anymore, we can go into all our favorite conspiracy theories ... "Gandalf the Charlatan" ... just bleech the robes and poof, he's the White Wizard now ...

Paranoid much? ... pray tell, how did China flood the US Markets with dollars? ... or is this something your precious sweetheart George XLIII caused ...

So you're saying the "sub-prime mortgage market" never happened? ... if no one cares about Lake Meade anymore, we can go into all our favorite conspiracy theories ... "Gandalf the Charlatan" ... just bleech the robes and poof, he's the White Wizard now ...
The sub-prime mortgage was a consequence of China sending their US dollars back to America to be loaned out.

Watch the original version of the PBS documentary "The Ascent of Money."

Paranoid much?
Not usually.

Historian Niall Ferguson and economist Moritz Schularick first coined the term in late 2006, arguing that saving by the Chinese and overspending by Americans led to an incredible period of wealth creation that contributed to the financial crisis of 2007–08.[7] For years, China accumulated large currency reserves and channeled them into US government securities, which kept nominal and real long-term interest rates artificially low in the United States.​

The sub-prime mortgage was a consequence of China sending their US dollars back to America to be loaned out.

Watch the original version of the PBS documentary "The Ascent of Money."

If this is too complicated for you to understand, why do you expect me to understand? ... you can't explain it, so I'm sure as hell not spending the next FOUR HOURS watching some liberal puke tofu all over a sound stage ...

It doesn't take four hours to explain, it takes four hours to obscure the truth ...

Kinda like Las Vegas pumping their treated sewage back into Lake Meade ... ewwww ... but it does save water ...

If this is too complicated for you to understand, why do you expect me to understand? ... you can't explain it, so I'm sure as hell not spending the next FOUR HOURS watching some liberal puke tofu all over a sound stage ...

It doesn't take four hours to explain, it takes four hours to obscure the truth ...

Kinda like Las Vegas pumping their treated sewage back into Lake Meade ... ewwww ... but it does save water ...
I did explain it to you already. You know... before you tried to make it about subprime.

Watch it or don't watch it. I couldn't care less one way or the other.

Think of standard of living in terms of having money available for discretionary spending. When that dries up the next thing to cut will be non-discretionary spending which affects one's standard of living.

I did explain it to you already. You know... before you tried to make it about subprime.

Watch it or don't watch it. I couldn't care less one way or the other.

How is it a bubble? ... why do you think "discretionary spending" is inflated due to speculation? ... how do we spend money speculating on non-discretionary spending? ... and what is the difference? ...

You keep saying what ... I'm asking how ... do you see the difference? ...

I'm repeating what the rest of the world is saying ... it was the collapse of the mortgage backed securities that started the down-turn ... you may have explained something to me that sounds like total bullshit ... what you needed back then (as now) is a credible reference ... all you're doing is explaining away the crimes committed by your hero George XLIII ... "No one committed fraud here, no one" ...

Do you think the Hunt Brothers actions caused a bubble in the silver market? ... ha ha ha ... this is a tricky question, so be careful if you dare answer ...

How is it a bubble? ... why do you think "discretionary spending" is inflated due to speculation? ... how do we spend money speculating on non-discretionary spending? ... and what is the difference? ...

You keep saying what ... I'm asking how ... do you see the difference? ...

I'm repeating what the rest of the world is saying ... it was the collapse of the mortgage backed securities that started the down-turn ... you may have explained something to me that sounds like total bullshit ... what you needed back then (as now) is a credible reference ... all you're doing is explaining away the crimes committed by your hero George XLIII ... "No one committed fraud here, no one" ...

Do you think the Hunt Brothers actions caused a bubble in the silver market? ... ha ha ha ... this is a tricky question, so be careful if you dare answer ...
Cool story, bro.

Law does not rule the weather in relation to water or anything else, but water rules the amount of agriculture you can grow in a desert. I personally believe we have been a force in effecting climate. I don't think it will change back and I don't think we want to be the country that kills our economy trying to change it back. I do think people in the Desert Southwest will have to choose between sustaining their cities, and their agricultural business interests. They live there and chose to live there. I don't live there and even turned down a pretty decent promotion, instead of moving there, knowing I would miss the hardwood forests of trees, fields of green and the water abundant country sides of the states I grew up and lived in.
Here is a chart showing that Nevada crop production is high as it always was. The reservoir water is made from snow in the mountains up stream, unaffected with the local weather system. The dam serves other states too. Check it out, get your edumacation on.

Last edited:
Here is a chart showing that Nevada crop production is high as it always was. The reservoir water is made from snow in the mountains up stream, unaffected with the local weather system. The dam serves other states too. Check it out, get your edumacation on.

pay site...........screw that.

Unaffected by the local weather system? Do you think the drought and high temperatures don't extend to the tops of the Sierra Nevadas? Do you think there's enough snow up there to last till the drought is over? What the fuck WERE you thinking?

Unaffected by the local weather system? Do you think the drought and high temperatures don't extend to the tops of the Sierra Nevadas? Do you think there's enough snow up there to last till the drought is over? What the fuck WERE you thinking?

The Sierra's are in California, and not generally considered "in Nevada" ... certainly the westside of the crest of the Sierra feeds only California ... Nevada's climate is considered either "arid" or "semi-arid" with Mediterranean influence ... and we could divide this area up into a "hot" southern portion and a "mild" northern portion that extends up into Eastern Oregon and the Columbia Plateau ...

Yeah ... pay-wall ... dope ... here's the State's take on this matter "Agriculture in Nevada" ... as I thought, this is mostly ranging cattle ... as irrigation allows, they can grow alfalfa for export ...

The sad truth is that this land isn't good for anything else besides cattle ... and ranchers lease these lands for dollars per square mile just to make a living ... go onto Google Earth and scan around ... it's really really easy to see where there's water in Nevada ...

Population is Lake Meade's problem ... not agriculture ...

The Sierra's are in California, and not generally considered "in Nevada" ... certainly the westside of the crest of the Sierra feeds only California ... Nevada's climate is considered either "arid" or "semi-arid" with Mediterranean influence ... and we could divide this area up into a "hot" southern portion and a "mild" northern portion that extends up into Eastern Oregon and the Columbia Plateau ...

Yeah ... pay-wall ... dope ... here's the State's take on this matter "Agriculture in Nevada" ... as I thought, this is mostly ranging cattle ... as irrigation allows, they can grow alfalfa for export ...

The sad truth is that this land isn't good for anything else besides cattle ... and ranchers lease these lands for dollars per square mile just to make a living ... go onto Google Earth and scan around ... it's really really easy to see where there's water in Nevada ...

Population is Lake Meade's problem ... not agriculture ...
I missed it where any of us said the Sierra Nevadas were in Nevada. I also missed where you addressed the issue of water, the topic of this discussion.

Forum List

Back