Largest Standing Army in the World

and besides my post number 37 and in an earlier post i recommend the ar15 as being the gun that all Americans should own . But here are some very nice , modern and state of the Art ' Deer Rifles ' that a guy can use to shoot deer or hogs and other game with and which are good for Armies . I still recommend the AR15 due to it being cheap and using military ammo and the fact that one AR15 is interchangeable with all other AR15's Timmy .

It’s not 1938.

Modern warring countries probably aren’t to worried about hunting rifles .
---------------------------------------------- you have some examples of Modern WARRING Countries Timmy ?? Plus many of the hunting rifles used by American Deer Hunters , Varmint shooters , target shooters are what USA Military Rifles and Sniper Rifles are based on . And the owners of the Rifles are tinkerers and worshippers of function and accuracy Timmy . Anyway , do you have any examples of Modern Warring Countries that aren't worried about hunting rifles Timmy ??

Actuallly the world is a pretty peaceful place.

I was thinking of a scenario where someone was invading the us . They would need some advanced weaponry if we were at a point we needed to rely on hunters .
----------------------------------------------- HUNTERS and American Gun owners and aficionados and all armed with AR15 pattern rifles if my recommendation is followed . Plus heavier MIA , FALS , and all sorts of other 'battle rifles' or Sniper Rifles or Deer hunting rifles as in the USA they are all the same thing Timmy .

It's not what you think it would be..............

It's ............it's............it's..........

American Hunters.

Largest Standing Army in the World is Not Who You'd Expect ~ InfoGraphic

And how does the number of U.S. hunters stack up against the largest standing armies in the world?

Much to the chagrin of anti-hunting forces across the USA, hunting numbers have remained steady over the last decade, even growing as more and more women get behind the gun and out in the field.

12.7 Million
Hunting dumb animals is not the same as killing armed humans.

It's politically unwise and socially dangerous these days to refer to hunters (most of whom are NRA members) as a "standing army. They are just hunters and most of them probably never get into the field during the season.

American Hunters.

And how does the number of U.S. hunters stack up against the largest standing armies in the world?

Much to the chagrin of anti-hunting forces across the USA, hunting numbers have remained steady over the last decade, even growing as more and more women get behind the gun and out in the field.

12.7 Million

And we can just as easily replace our preferred species of big game hood ornament with another one, right?
If provoked............yes...........
Oh look...veiled threats.....:71:

American Hunters.

12.7 Million

I knew dat. :5_1_12024:

It was none other than the Great American Firearm Owner, the standing militia our Founders DEMANDED, that stopped the Japanese hordes from invading our mainland in WWII. The generals told the emperor that there'd be a rifle behind every tree and rock!

(And they were right)

GUN OWNERS, the backbone of our liberty and independence, keeping America great.
I missed it...when was that Japanese invasion of our mainland our hunters stopped?

BTW...how did WE invade Japan with all citizens armed against us?

American Hunters.

12.7 Million

And we can just as easily replace our preferred species of big game hood ornament with another one, right?
------------------------------------------ or a girls wild imagination Bode .

Hunters are not an "army". Jesus :rolleyes-41:
Shhhhhhhhh...let them dream.
upload_2018-9-2_15-55-9.jpeg
upload_2018-9-2_15-55-25.jpeg
images

American Hunters.

12.7 Million

It was none other than the Great American Firearm Owner, the standing militia our Founders DEMANDED, that stopped the Japanese hordes from invading our mainland in WWII. The generals told the emperor that there'd be a rifle behind every tree and rock!

(And they were right)

GUN OWNERS, the backbone of our liberty and independence, keeping America great.
I missed it...when was that Japanese invasion of our mainland our hunters stopped?

--------------------------------------------- 'japs' being afraid of hunters guns in the USA is either a legend or may be true , i don't know Bode . But as far as the 'jap' citizens outside the military , i don't think that they had guns . Maybe some Swords or clubs , knives but i have heard that they were willing to fight an invasion of 'japan' to the death . I have heard them described as maniacal but i don't know . But the maniacal description may have been why we nuked them to save American lives like my Dad and Uncles Bode .

American Hunters.

12.7 Million

(And they were right)

--------------------------------------------- 'japs' being afraid of hunters guns in the USA is either a legend or may be true , i don't know Bode . But as far as the 'jap' citizens outside the military , i don't think that they had guns . Maybe some Swords or clubs , knives but i have heard that they were willing to fight an invasion of 'japan' to the death . I have heard them described as maniacal but i don't know . But the maniacal description may have been why we nuked them to save American lives like my Dad and Uncles Bode .

Many of their weapons, and the engineers who designed them, were technologically behind the times. Take for instance:

RIA: Japanese Army Pedersen Copy Trials Rifle

peder.jpg

American Hunters.

12.7 Million

Yes; threats aimed at armed forces OCONUS.

American Hunters.

12.7 Million

(And they were right)

You really should try to up your reading comprehension before trying to snipe others for things they never said. Hunters did not "stop" an active invasion, attacking the mainland of the USA was something Japan was considering but knowing the high ownership of guns and rifles by the general populace here and the millions armed to the teeth, the generals shot the idea down to the emperor as unwinnable, too costly and foolhardy, on top of fighting the US military proper. And you better believe that had Japan attacked us in a land invasion, every able gun owner in this country would have been out there fighting them to the death. Gun ownership in America saves countless lives far outnumbering the occasional tragic serial shooting and keeps us free. The Great Lie is the liberal media spin that the OPPOSITE is true.

Hunters are not an "army". Jesus :rolleyes-41:

Right, they only practice killing animals at long distances, oh wait :eusa_think:

That's stupid. Do you SERIOUSLY think that collectively, hunters constitute an "army"?

Affirmative. A highly capable unconventional guerilla force, generationally trained to stalk and still hunt highly sensory aware big game across any and all topographic features and domestic climates imaginable. May of us were killing small game/varmints at very young ages from hundreds of meters range distant. However I appreciate the underestimation--it will help us in the long run, politically.

American Hunters.

12.7 Million
True.....doesn't discount the fact that Americans own a lot of guns.

Then you don't know much about the history of the Founders and standing armies then.

They considered a standing army in times of peace, the greatest threat to liberty. It is why Jefferson cut the army in half after taking office.

concerning deer hunting or SNIPER Rifles and Sniping i do recommend .308 in maybe an accuarized Springfield but they are expensive . And always remember when you think of Armies of Hunters . Hey , it was 'squirrel and deer and bear hunters' like my very great and long dead Gandparents from a long time ago that kicked 'british' azz and took this USA that the 'brits' thought they owned from them Doktor .

Depends highly on the game you seek; two or four legged, and environmental variables of the area of operation. Myself, I prefer the .340 Weatherby Magnum for large game at distance, in both open and brushier country, with hand cast, 265 and 350 grain bullets, respectively. As of late, I've gotten into the .50 Beowulf on .400 grain hand loads as a hi-cap, semi-auto replacement for an inherited .45-70, for dangerous game up close. Of course, 7.62x63mm (.30-06), and 5.56mm are solid American standards, as is the venerable .30-30--speaking to ease of locating replacement ammo.

Then you don't know much about the history of the Founders and standing armies then.

They considered a standing army in times of peace, the greatest threat to liberty. It is why Jefferson cut the army in half after taking office.
American civilians just own guns bro..........A lot of them.............and thus the very large force if needed............

We own a lot of guns here.......

American Hunters.

12.7 Million

Actually, while indeed big game animals have yet to bud opposing thumbs and devise projectile weapons, their senses are much sharper than those of "enemy" soldiers. Thus, in the sense that hunters train themselves and each other to overcome the big game animal's superior well, senses, then yes, hunters get a leg up on human prey, such as invading foreign troops.

Forum List

Back