🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Larry Hogan’s audacious bet: A Trump critic could win the GOP’s 2024 nod...that's why he might run himself

one criticism i have of Governor Hogan: when Maryland's 1st 3 cases of covid emerged, he was on his way to a trip for Florida

there were some Governors like Newsom who took covid seriously. there were some others who took a hike!

excerpts:

Larry Hogan is going national, using his cred as a popular blue-state Republican to help other GOP candidates ahead of a potential 2024 presidential bid.

The Maryland governor, an outspoken critic of former President Donald Trump, is lending his help to Republicans in states filled with suburban voters who bolted the party during the Trump era. Over the past few weeks, Hogan has campaigned for Virginia gubernatorial hopeful Glenn Youngkin and Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. This weekend, he was the keynote speaker at an Amelia Island, Fla., conference hosted by the moderate Republican Main Street Partnership.

And next May, Hogan is set to speak at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum’s “Time for Choosing” series focused on the future of the Republican Party. The forum in Simi Valley, Calif., has drawn an array of would-be presidential candidates, including former Vice President Mike Pence, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

During Hogan’s travels, he has also set aside time to meet with donors, a ritual for those looking to build a national political apparatus.

Hogan told POLITICO he was currently focused on the 2022 midterms rather than the 2024 race. But, in an indication of his interest, Hogan said he saw an opening in the forthcoming primary for a Trump critic, and he added that he would not be dissuaded from running for president in the event Trump waged a comeback, a position some other prospective Republican candidates have been reluctant to take.

“If I decide that I want to run for president, it certainly wouldn’t stop me that he’s in the race, that’s for sure,” Hogan said

Hogan might be right. The Establishment GOP always hated the 74 million little Trumpsters in the Basket of Deplorables, and they are the ones who will be writing the rules for 2024.

Getting the nomination is one thing, winning the election and vanquishing Brandon is another.

I don't see that happening, with Hogan feasting on the enmity of 74 million Little Trumpsters.

Hogan will not be supported by the Grand Trump Party. He would not make it thru the primaries. An establishment RINO is an anathema…

I don't know much about Hogan, but having grown up in Massachusetts I'm always skeptical of "blue state" Republicans because there tends to be very little difference between them and your average Democrat.
You can believe it. I live in Maryland and I hate Hogan: he's a lockdown/mandate crazy authoritarian. I will never support him no matter what, and I'm a Republican. And he's rabidly anti-Trump. What IS it about Maryland governors?? I think they live so near DC that they catch the political fever. They so often run for prez and they always lose.

Larry Hogan believes in God and the American Way Of Life.
Larry Hogan believes in the freedom of the individual.
Larry Hogan believes in everything the constitution stands for.
Larry Hogan is the biggest political/electoral threat to Trump.
Larry Hogan is the next President Of The United States.
Shooooooooooo ---- Hogan can't even get the support of MARYLAND Republicans. Believe it. I'm one of them.

i can see it happening! run, Hogan, run!

Putin.gif

Forum List

Back