Last Year AOC cosponsored a bill I think we all can agree is good legislation

The question is why has this bill gone nowhere?
Thank you Rocko for looking at the bill itself and beyond the party line. You just earned some respect from this poster. I will endeavor to be more polite in future dealings with you. That is a good start to fixing things around here. Term limits is another step in moving things the right way. I used to think that experience trumped the need for term limits but it is becoming very clear that continued power and lining the pockets of congress is likely the most significant problem we face. That is still not enough corporate interests will still line their pockets with multi million dollar per jobs for them after they leave. Not sure what kind of law we need to prevent that one but we need to study it.

The bill is here:

I will note that members of Congress would be allowed to:
- Keep any investments they had before they take office
- Sell any investments for six months after taking office or the date the bill is in effect
- Still buy and sell securities using a blind trust.

I don't have strong opinions about it. It seems reasonable on the surface, but I think Congress should simply have to live by the same laws that they make the public live by, and insider trading laws are already on the books.

Looks like Senator Burr is the only congressmember still under investigation about the selling of stock after receiving COVID info in a closed meeting before the 2020 market crash.

Notably, Burr voted against the STOCK Act of 2012 which prohibits members of Congress and gobernment employees from insider trading.

Hypocrite dems who started bill knew it would fail. Same as the idiot Rs who voted to end ocare in the house but knew it would fail in the senate. Idiots and hypocrites all.

Forum List

Back