Latest Democrat Scam....Turn All Roads Into Toll Highways

When they built Houstons first tollway back in the early eighties they said once it was paid for it would no longer be a tollroad.......still paying.
But to tell you the truth I really dont mind them as long as they leave other options for those who dont want to pay.
I like them because they generally dont have as much congestion and the people who drive them are way more likely to have insurance and they aren't driving some piece of shit with bald tires.

Dude, truckers have to pay this, and guess who ends up paying for that bro?:dunno:

Your ass does.:hmpf:

I dont want all roads to be tollroads by any means. That would totally change what I like about em.
I'm more then willing to cough up the bucks to get through Houston on the tollway rather then sitting for hours in traffic.
They run tollways/motorcycle/HOV lanes parallel to the main freeways here.
Nothing I like more then cruising at 70 mph next to bumper to bumper dead stopped traffic. I'll be sitting on my back porch drinking beer before they've gone five miles.

When they built Houstons first tollway back in the early eighties they said once it was paid for it would no longer be a tollroad.......still paying.
But to tell you the truth I really dont mind them as long as they leave other options for those who dont want to pay.
I like them because they generally dont have as much congestion and the people who drive them are way more likely to have insurance and they aren't driving some piece of shit with bald tires.

Dude, truckers have to pay this, and guess who ends up paying for that bro?:dunno:

I dont want all roads to be tollroads by any means. That would totally change what I like about em.
I'm more then willing to cough up the bucks to get through Houston on the tollway rather then sitting for hours in traffic.
Nothing I like more then cruising at 70 mph next to bumper to bumper dead stopped traffic. I'll be sitting on my back porch drinking beer before they've gone five miles.

Do what I did......move.

ad_300x250_v4c.jpg

We've been paying for this important part of our infrastructure since the day we bought our first car.

Why is the price of gas so high?

Congress has been either raiding infrastructure improvement funds or denying additional funds for years. Remember Obama's stimulus package? Cut out.

Our nation's roads are deteriorating before our eyes. Since Congress won't act, this is the perfect solution.

Oh.

Gas prices?

Your question should be "WHY ARE GAS PRICES SO LOW?"

Because gas prices in the US are far lower than other nations. In fact, we have the 15th cheapest gas in the world.

THANKS OBAMA!

How Much Do You Pay For Gas? Top 5 Countries With The Cheapest Gas Prices

While the price of gas in the United States is nowhere near as low as they are in those countries, the U.S.'s average price of gas, currently at $3.31, does fall well below the global average. Subsequently, the U.S. is the 15th cheapest nation for gas, according to the Washington Post’s map. The global average is $5.52 per gallon of gas. Norway is the distant outlier for countries with the most expensive price per gallon of gas: $10.76 per gallon, $1.60 more than the next-most-expensive country, the Netherlands, where gas is $9.16 per gallon.

ad_300x250_v4c.jpg

We've been paying for this important part of our infrastructure since the day we bought our first car.

Congress has been either raiding infrastructure improvement funds or denying additional funds for years. Remember Obama's stimulus package? Cut out.

Our nation's roads are deteriorating before our eyes. Since Congress won't act, this is the perfect solution.

Oh.

Gas prices?

Your question should be "WHY ARE GAS PRICES SO LOW?"

Because gas prices in the US are far lower than other nations. In fact, we have the 15th cheapest gas in the world.

THANKS OBAMA!

How Much Do You Pay For Gas? Top 5 Countries With The Cheapest Gas Prices

While the price of gas in the United States is nowhere near as low as they are in those countries, the U.S.'s average price of gas, currently at $3.31, does fall well below the global average. Subsequently, the U.S. is the 15th cheapest nation for gas, according to the Washington Post’s map. The global average is $5.52 per gallon of gas. Norway is the distant outlier for countries with the most expensive price per gallon of gas: $10.76 per gallon, $1.60 more than the next-most-expensive country, the Netherlands, where gas is $9.16 per gallon.

Ever been to any of those countries?

They use mass transit. Many of them never even bother getting a drivers' license because owning a car is too expensive.

Hey Howey, do you want to give away your car?

Because that's what you'll be doing if you let these ass-wipes have their way.

Do what I did......move.

I'm retired now so I dont have to deal with it anymore. The wife uses the westpark tollway to get to work and it save her 45 minutes each way. And you couldnt get me to live in downtown Houston for any reason. Way to much concrete for my taste.
The wife has a couple more years to go,and believe me,when she's done were hitting the boonies.

Do what I did......move.

I'm retired now so I dont have to deal with it anymore. The wife uses the westpark tollway to get to work and it save her 45 minutes each way. And you couldnt get me to live in downtown Houston for any reason. Way to much concrete for my taste.
The wife has a couple more years to go,and believe me,when she's done were hitting the boonies.

So you don't care?

Not your problem?

Well, the rest of us have to still deal with this. And the price of your food is going up whether you're retired or not.

Do what I did......move.

So you don't care?

Not your problem?

Well, the rest of us have to still deal with this. And the price of your food is going up whether you're retired or not.

You need to go back and read my posts again. I said I'm by no means condoning making all our freeways toll roads. They have there uses,but using them to gouge the tax payer ain't one of em. They ease congestion and make it easy to get around for those willing to pay.
And you dont have to drive with the riff raff because they generally aren't willing to pay.
The only reason to make our open highways between cities toll roads is to gouge the tax payer because congestion isn't usually a problem.I agree,that's complete bullshit.

ad_300x250_v4c.jpg

Because of taxes.

Yet liberals, and the president himself is proposing a series of toll systems to help pay for the upkeep of our roads.

Dude, what the hell have you been doing with our gasoline taxes all of these years?

Obama Tolling Proposal
April 30, 2014
By Peter Shelly
financing Grow America Act tolling interstates

Will Congress Follow the Administration's Lead on the Issue?
Ad

It shouldn't surprise anyone in the tolling industry: the Obama administration's proposal to give states the authority to toll existing interstate highways, ending a ban that has been in effect since 1956, began drawing fire before the ink on the president's $302 billion surface transportation bill (dubbed the "GROW AMERICA Act") was even dry.

Terry O’Sullivan, president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America, told The Washington Post, "The gas tax remains the most tested and logical way of meeting our critical investment needs." O'Sullivan does agree that something needs to be done, adding that "For too long, Congress’s duct-tape approach has made our roads and bridges unsafe, destabilized the construction industry and slowed our economy."

The Alliance for Toll-Free Interstates pointed a finger at the federal pilot program for interstate tolling while registering its opposition to the administration measure. “The option for states to place tolls on existing interstate capacity has existed for 23 years, and not a single state has used tolls in this way,” a group spokesperson told McClatchey Newspapers. The alliance is predominantly composed of trucking industry representatives such as the American Trucking Associations, but it also includes UPS, FedEx, McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts.

The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) claims that truckers generally oppose the tolling of existing federal highways. A representative of the group told an association publication, "t is disappointing to see that the administration’s proposal would open the door to a localized interstate system by allowing states to apply tolls to existing toll-free interstate lanes. Truckers in states with 'grandfathered' tolling authorities already know the cost of tolls to their business and personal incomes, as well as to an efficient system of goods movement.” OOIDA says truckers also object on the ground that the bill would not prohibit toll revenue from being spent on mass transit and other non-highway transportation projects.

On the other side of the issue, the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association is the leading voice among proponents of the toll funding measure. “Tolling is a proven and effective tool to fund and finance more than 5,000 miles of roads, bridges and tunnels in 35 states,” Patrick Jones, the group’s executive director, told the New York Times. “To ensure our roads and bridges remain safe and reliable requires a variety of solutions. All options should be on the table so that states can choose the funding methods that work best for them.”

IBTTA has gained widespread traction on the issue in the mainstream media. CBS News and other major sources cited the association's endorsement of the tolling measure. Yesterday, Patrick Jones was one of the guests discussing infrastructure and its funding on National Public Radio's "The Diane Rehm Show."

The Times reports that, "The tolls, along with other changes [proposed in the president's bill], could provide an additional $87 billion for aging roadways, tunnels and bridges." Organizations Start to Choose Sides on Obama Tolling Proposal - Toll Roads News

Grow American act????

You mean Screw America Act!!!:up_yours:

This is simply another way to jack up the price of goods and services in this country.

Add another fee to transportation costs and you end up costing the consumer even more.
Why are they now considering tolls for the infrastructure? They were able to maintain the infrastructure all these years without the extra tolls, why do they suddenly need them now? I hope that the infrastructure has been maintained, it would otherwise be irresponsible to wait till it's crumbling, and then expect to magically fix it all with unknown sources of revenue.

Currently 3% of Federal taxes are used for transportation/infrastructure. That's over 100 billion dollars. That seems quite a significant amount to keep maintaining the infrastructure. The key word here is "maintaining".

federal_Tax_Dollars.jpg

Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

ad_300x250_v4c.jpg

Because of taxes.

Yet liberals, and the president himself is proposing a series of toll systems to help pay for the upkeep of our roads.

Dude, what the hell have you been doing with our gasoline taxes all of these years?

Obama Tolling Proposal
April 30, 2014
By Peter Shelly
financing Grow America Act tolling interstates

Will Congress Follow the Administration's Lead on the Issue?
Ad

It shouldn't surprise anyone in the tolling industry: the Obama administration's proposal to give states the authority to toll existing interstate highways, ending a ban that has been in effect since 1956, began drawing fire before the ink on the president's $302 billion surface transportation bill (dubbed the "GROW AMERICA Act") was even dry.

Terry O’Sullivan, president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America, told The Washington Post, "The gas tax remains the most tested and logical way of meeting our critical investment needs." O'Sullivan does agree that something needs to be done, adding that "For too long, Congress’s duct-tape approach has made our roads and bridges unsafe, destabilized the construction industry and slowed our economy."

The Alliance for Toll-Free Interstates pointed a finger at the federal pilot program for interstate tolling while registering its opposition to the administration measure. “The option for states to place tolls on existing interstate capacity has existed for 23 years, and not a single state has used tolls in this way,” a group spokesperson told McClatchey Newspapers. The alliance is predominantly composed of trucking industry representatives such as the American Trucking Associations, but it also includes UPS, FedEx, McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts.

The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) claims that truckers generally oppose the tolling of existing federal highways. A representative of the group told an association publication, "t is disappointing to see that the administration’s proposal would open the door to a localized interstate system by allowing states to apply tolls to existing toll-free interstate lanes. Truckers in states with 'grandfathered' tolling authorities already know the cost of tolls to their business and personal incomes, as well as to an efficient system of goods movement.” OOIDA says truckers also object on the ground that the bill would not prohibit toll revenue from being spent on mass transit and other non-highway transportation projects.

On the other side of the issue, the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association is the leading voice among proponents of the toll funding measure. “Tolling is a proven and effective tool to fund and finance more than 5,000 miles of roads, bridges and tunnels in 35 states,” Patrick Jones, the group’s executive director, told the New York Times. “To ensure our roads and bridges remain safe and reliable requires a variety of solutions. All options should be on the table so that states can choose the funding methods that work best for them.”

IBTTA has gained widespread traction on the issue in the mainstream media. CBS News and other major sources cited the association's endorsement of the tolling measure. Yesterday, Patrick Jones was one of the guests discussing infrastructure and its funding on National Public Radio's "The Diane Rehm Show."

The Times reports that, "The tolls, along with other changes [proposed in the president's bill], could provide an additional $87 billion for aging roadways, tunnels and bridges." Organizations Start to Choose Sides on Obama Tolling Proposal - Toll Roads News

Grow American act????

You mean Screw America Act!!!:up_yours:

This is simply another way to jack up the price of goods and services in this country.

Add another fee to transportation costs and you end up costing the consumer even more.
Why are they now considering tolls for the infrastructure? They were able to maintain the infrastructure all these years without the extra tolls, why do they suddenly need them now? I hope that the infrastructure has been maintained, it would otherwise be irresponsible to wait till it's crumbling, and then expect to magically fix it all with unknown sources of revenue.

Currently 3% of Federal taxes are used for transportation/infrastructure. That's over 100 billion dollars. That seems quite a significant amount to keep maintaining the infrastructure. The key word here is "maintaining".

federal_Tax_Dollars.jpg

Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Basically they're just dreaming up new ways to rob us so they can spend more.....

The government is already so brazen as to try and tax breathing with carbon emission trading. Why would they hesitate to tax anything that moves?

Next up will be a 'smell' tax. If you inhale a pleasant odor, you will have to pay a tax. It sounds silly and a bit absurd, but if the government could figure out how to implement it, they would do it in a heart beat.

Oh...I forgot about the vascular transmissions tax...

The government is already so brazen as to try and tax breathing with carbon emission trading. Why would they hesitate to tax anything that moves?

Next up will be a 'smell' tax. If you inhale a pleasant odor, you will have to pay a tax. It sounds silly and a bit absurd, but if the government could figure out how to implement it, they would do it in a heart beat.

Oh...I forgot about the vascular transmissions tax...

I remember when I first mentioned the Carbon Tax, the libs went nuts.....told me I was making it up....

92 million Americans not working

Why are people still running with this 92 million Americans not working number? It just makes them look like fools.

That number includes the following:
Retirees
Stay at home parents.
The disabled.
College students.
High School students 16 and over.

Why are people still running with this 92 million Americans not working number? It just makes them look like fools.

Retirees
Stay at home parents.
The disabled.
College students.

Are any of them working?

No. It is all about context though. The people using it are trying to make it a political point as if all of those people are unemployed. Why use that number repeatedly when it means nothing?

Retirees
Stay at home parents.
The disabled.
College students.

And NONE of those people want to work and just can't find a job? I think there is a fool, but it's not those who area running with the 92milion number.

Retirees
Stay at home parents.
The disabled.
College students.

And NONE of those people want to work and just can't find a job? I think there is a fool, but it's not those who area running with the 92milion number.

You want retirees to work?

How do you propose that?

Force companies to hire people 65 and over?

Retirees
Stay at home parents.
The disabled.
College students.

You want retirees to work?

How do you propose that?

Force companies to hire people 65 and over?

First, nothing I said equates to me saying that those who retired must be forced to work and that's just a dishonest dodge on your part. Now, 2.8 million people have retired earlier (before 65) because they lost their jobs and couldn't find more work. Apparently, people like you think that they'd rather NOT work, rather than retire before they truly were ready out of necessity. I'm sure you'll understand that since I hate wasting time on dishonest posts, I won't be reading you in the future unless I'm REALLY bored.

Forum List

Back