Latest News Ratings, Fox News Crushing Competition Again Even Post- O'Reilly

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
CNN really been slipping the last couple of months, I suppose the focus on the fake Russian collusion case (now being changed to "obstruction of justice" as some continue to throw darts) and 24/7 anti-Trump news isn't helping.

Hannity and Carlson far and away ahead of the competition, even The Five are topping Maddow now, incredible.

Scoreboard: Wednesday, June 14

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

• Total day: FNC: 2.223 | CNN: 1.121 | MSNBC: 1.311 | HLN: 224
  • Primetime: FNC: 3.086 | CNN: 1.372 | MSNBC: 2.401 | HLN: 317

25-54 demographic (Live +SD)

• Total day: FNC: 484 | CNN: 376 | MSNBC: 298 | HLN: 84
  • Primetime: FNC: 702 | CNN: 494 | MSNBC: 538 | HLN: 111

CNN really been slipping the last couple of months, I suppose the focus on the fake collusion case and 24/7 anti-Trump news isn't helping.

Hannity and Carlson far and away ahead of the competition, even The Five are topping Maddow now, incredible.

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

Maybe Fox viewers sit around all day , and try adding CNN, MSNBC and HLN (what is that?) up. I guess Fox loses.

Last edited:
CNN really been slipping the last couple of months, I suppose the focus on the fake collusion case and 24/7 anti-Trump news isn't helping.

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

Maybe Fox views sit around all day , and try adding CNN, MSNBC and HLN (what is that?) up. I guess Fox loses.

The fact that they lost their top TV personality and recovered to become #1 again speaks volumes. I didn't think it would happen so quickly.

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

Maybe Fox views sit around all day , and try adding CNN, MSNBC and HLN (what is that?) up. I guess Fox loses.

You have (unintentionally, I'm sure) made a good point. Even though the right leaning FNC beats all the other left leaning reporting head to head, they loose on total viewership when you add the total of all left versus all right. Of course FNC is the only right, and virtually every other outlet is left, but like I said, that wasn't your point, was it?

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

The fact that they lost their top TV personality and recovered to become #1 again speaks volumes. I didn't think it would happen so quickly.

No they are not #1. Not if you add up the other channels.

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

You have (unintentionally, I'm sure) made a good point. Even though the right leaning FNC beats all the other left leaning reporting head to head, they loose on total viewership when you add the total of all left versus all right. Of course FNC is the only right, and virtually every other outlet is left, but like I said, that wasn't your point, was it?

Correct. They do not have enough viewers for 2 stations. But hey all is not lost, you have Rush, Hannity and Beck radio shows , which I do not know of any Dem talk radio shows do you?

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

Maybe Fox viewers sit around all day , and try adding CNN, MSNBC and HLN (what is that?) up. I guess Fox loses.
I guess so, in a straw grasping sort of way.

Nice try, Penny.

You're proud to be held hostage to a station that you have no choice but to love?

#LOLGOP

So the logic is that only left wingers watch other networks and right wingers watch Fox News. I think that's a fallacy, I am right leaning, more libertarian in nature and I watch CNN all the time. I rarely watch MSNBC or visit their website, but I sometimes want to see if they have come to their senses yet or not. Of all the shows and journalists, I find that Carlson Tucker of Fox and Smerconish of CNN are most credible and objective. I also find their arguments and positions most align with mine.

I think just the opposite. People tune in to seek the most honest, truthful and accurate reporting regardless of ideological spin. After all, from Hollywood to mainstream media, the ideology that is promoted is liberal in nature, so for one channel to run counter that AND be top Dog tells you, the liberal coverage doesn't share the same values as many Americans. Truth and journalistic honesty does.

Last edited:
It seems as if the time is perfect for a radical new approach to news. A politically neutral news show that ignores polls, ignores unverified news sources, ignores Tweets, ignores GOP-DEM finger pointing and focuses on news that affects the average American. For example, in depth coverage of the Heroin/Opiod crisis, what it is like living in an inner city, the problems of Veterans, how real people deal with Elderly care, the life of migrant (not illegal immigrant) farm workers and how dependent farmers are on them.

I could list a hundred but those are a few.

Until recently MSNBC did a 'daily poll' with questions like "Do you believe Trump is the worst President there has ever been?". The response was always about 96% 'YES!
Finally someone pointed out how fucking stupid they were making themselves look.

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

No. They don't "loose".

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

Correct. They do not have enough viewers for 2 stations. But hey all is not lost, you have Rush, Hannity and Beck radio shows , which I do not know of any Dem talk radio shows do you?

Nope, so applying your logic(?) there is ZERO market for democratic talk radio. I wondered why that was, so I did a bit of research.

Qualitative aspects of the talk radio audiences
According to this brand new fall 2011 edition of TALKERS magazine’s non-scientific, but reasonably reliable sales aid, people who listen to news/talk radio on a regular basis are generally politically and economically active, in addition to being affluent and well-educated, when compared to the general U.S. population, other mass media consumers and specifically the audiences of music radio.

According to this author, democrats who listen to the radio are not as well educated, don't make as much money, and are generally less informed on politics and economics. So it all makes sense now why there are few if any democratic talk show host. Their target audience isn't well educated enough to care, or too lazy to get involved, and apparently McDonald's employees aren't allowed to listen to talk radio while worker.

The reason left wing talk radio doesn't work is that the host would have to hang up on all conservative callers because they couldn't win the argument.

At least that's what happened to me when I called a left wing radio talk show host. I told her that abortion and slavery were similar issues, because both were examples of the law treating people like they weren't people. Instead of debating me, she hung up the telephone.

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

No. They don't "loose".

Ahh, there ya go. Can't dispute the post, so instead you attack the grammar and spelling. Hmm, shall we start a new policy that any post which is not perfectly composed should be rejected?

The reason left wing talk radio doesn't work is that the host would have to hang up on all conservative callers because they couldn't win the argument.

At least that's what happened to me when I called a left wing radio talk show host. I told her that abortion and slavery were similar issues, because both were examples of the law treating people like they weren't people. Instead of debating me, she hung up the telephone.

They screen Rush, Hannity and Becks phone calls I'm sure, as I have listened to some for short periods of time (as long as I could listen to them at one time, and not long without throwing up).

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

Nope, so applying your logic(?) there is ZERO market for democratic talk radio. I wondered why that was, so I did a bit of research.

Total Viewers (Live +SD)

According to this brand new fall 2011 edition of TALKERS magazine’s non-scientific, but reasonably reliable sales aid, people who listen to news/talk radio on a regular basis are generally politically and economically active, in addition to being affluent and well-educated, when compared to the general U.S. population, other mass media consumers and specifically the audiences of music radio.

According to this author, democrats who listen to the radio are not as well educated, don't make as much money, and are generally less informed on politics and economics. So it all makes sense now why there are few if any democratic talk show host. Their target audience isn't well educated enough to care, or too lazy to get involved, and apparently McDonald's employees aren't allowed to listen to talk radio while worker.

Baloney since I can't find out who the author of Talkers mag or the owner of the company, but if they picked Rush they are anti government and pro DT., or Republican..

Forum List

Back