Laura Loomer Files $3 BILLION Lawsuit Against Facebook for Defamation

Define “hatred”. I believe that progressive Leftists are loons and are ruining this country. Does that equate to hate speech?
I would say not. But for example, just yesterday, one of your fellow loons posted such hate and expressed the eagerness to kill folks on the left because of his beliefs. His posts were removed and was rightfully banned from post. His speech was also dangerous because it became an actual threat to public safety. Facebook has the same right as USMB to protect itself from legal exposure for allowing such speech.

That makes sense. What did Laura Loomer post to get her banned?
I don't know as Facebook has not said.

You’re more familiar with their policies than me.
Not really, I just looked up their definition of hate speech which they find actionable. I don't post on there myself.

I did, however, find Loomers context on Facebook. Thanks to Crepitus. But it's on HuffingtonPost which I don't find credible.

What post is that? Would you mind reposting?

Look at the goose-stepping douchebag defending the largest corporations on planet Earth.

Facebook is not even in the top 50 largest corporations on planet earth.
...and you worship it. Lol

Not at all, but I will always support private enterprise over the government...another way you and I differ.
Normally I would agree. In this case these social media companies have become a full on subsidiary of one political wing of our government. Something has to change.

Seems the American way would be to start one that did not do that and give them some competition.
Suing people is also the American way, moron.

You just can't bare to know that your leftist big brother is going to get a helping of what it dishes out.

I would say not. But for example, just yesterday, one of your fellow loons posted such hate and expressed the eagerness to kill folks on the left because of his beliefs. His posts were removed and was rightfully banned from post. His speech was also dangerous because it became an actual threat to public safety. Facebook has the same right as USMB to protect itself from legal exposure for allowing such speech.

Not really, I just looked up their definition of hate speech which they find actionable. I don't post on there myself.

I did, however, find Loomers context on Facebook. Thanks to Crepitus. But it's on HuffingtonPost which I don't find credible.

Again, I don't find HuffingtonPost a credible source and I never use them as a resource. But if you want to see their story on this, enter at your own risk...

Instagram Won’t Ban Laura Loomer After She Incites Fans To ‘Rise Up’ Against Ilhan Omar | HuffPost

doesn't matter if its a private company a company isnt allowed to misrepresent its product or service if Face book says decision made are done with out bias that they are impartial all you have to do is prove that decisions made are done with bias that they are not impartial

these Tech giants like Facebook cant tell its consumers one thing and then act differently just like manufactories cant put a made in the US tag on products made in China
It's a private company, they are under no constraints to be impartial. They could have banned her for no reason if they wanted to. Instead the banned her for hate speech, a clear violation of their TOS. She has no case.
they are if they claim they are which Facebook and many other tech giants have under oath to congress

So all Loomer has to do is prove their decision was done with bias that they weren't impartial and not very hard to do with its record

A company isnt allowed to misrepresent its product or service they cant claim they are unbias that they are impartial and not be just like a manufacturer cant put a made in US tag on products made in China
Its called consumer protection
you against consumer protection? you against consumers not getting what a company claims they are getting?
Facebook doesn't produce a product. They provide a platform. You must abide by certain rukes to use their platform. Is you don't, they can remove you.

It's really just that simple. I already provided Facebook's partial list of TOS violations. She has no case.
they provide a service same difference
doesn't matter what their TOS says if that TOS isnt applied and enforced with out bias or impartiality which they claim it is they are in violation of misrepresenting their service
She was banned along with others who express hate speech, including Alex Jones and Louis Farrakhan.
"Hate speech" is undefinable, and Facebook defines it to mean "any opinion Mark Zuckerberg doesn't like."

FB to your point is already suffering bad publicity and I had never heard of Laura Loomer. If they ban someone like Ben Shapiro then all Hell will break loose.
Facebook is under no obligation to allow members to use their service to promote hate speech. And hate speech can be dangerous. We'll have to wait and see what she posted to warrant Facebook's actions si that we can then argue if it was hate speech or not.

theres no such thing as hate speech,,,
Of course there is. Hate speech is as simple as expressing hatred towards a specific group. It's not a legal term and does not present any legal consequences unless it becomes a verbal threat, but it is a thing.

you mean like the hatred for white people we hear everyday???

thats just speech you hate,,,and also truth if they do hate them,,,

facts dont care about your feelings,,,

this hate speech thing is just to silence opinion,,,
Nope, it's to prevent exposure to legal liability in cases where the hate speech leads to criminal behavior.
Wrong. If they didn't take sides, they wouldn't be liable. Since they have taken sides, now they are liable.

Again, I don't find HuffingtonPost a credible source and I never use them as a resource. But if you want to see their story on this, enter at your own risk...

Instagram Won’t Ban Laura Loomer After She Incites Fans To ‘Rise Up’ Against Ilhan Omar | HuffPost

Ahhhh. She is anti Islam. That is a hot button these days. Not saying FB is wrong or right but I see the issue now. It’s interesting because in Islam, homosexuality is punishable by death but people on the Left defend it. Jews accept homosexuals as equals and they should and Jews are vilified by the Left. Mind Boggling.

Maybe, but that was not the question.
mYou get one "conservative" person on that jury and they are never going home without every single penny of what the plaintiff asks.

People are pissed about this shit. They will want Facebook to suffer.

Facebook was being a dick. They were stupid about it and pissed off a lot of people.

But, it may take a long time before plaintiff gets paid. Or not, when Facebook wants to rid itself of bad publicity and wants to avoid as many duplicate suits as possible.

FB to your point is already suffering bad publicity and I had never heard of Laura Loomer. If they ban someone like Ben Shapiro then all Hell will break loose.
Facebook is under no obligation to allow members to use their service to promote hate speech. And hate speech can be dangerous. We'll have to wait and see what she posted to warrant Facebook's actions si that we can then argue if it was hate speech or not.

Of course there is. Hate speech is as simple as expressing hatred towards a specific group. It's not a legal term and does not present any legal consequences unless it becomes a verbal threat, but it is a thing and Facebook has a right to prohibit it on their website.

Define “hatred”. I believe that progressive Leftists are loons and are ruining this country. Does that equate to hate speech?
Yes. Opposing open borders is hate speech, according to Facebook.

Of course there is. Hate speech is as simple as expressing hatred towards a specific group. It's not a legal term and does not present any legal consequences unless it becomes a verbal threat, but it is a thing.

Nope, it's to prevent exposure to legal liability in cases where the hate speech leads to criminal behavior.
Wrong. If they didn't take sides, they wouldn't be liable. Since they have taken sides, now they are liable.

Instead of banning why not just label these posters as “dangerous” or something to that effect?

It's a private company, they are under no constraints to be impartial. They could have banned her for no reason if they wanted to. Instead the banned her for hate speech, a clear violation of their TOS. She has no case.
they are if they claim they are which Facebook and many other tech giants have under oath to congress

So all Loomer has to do is prove their decision was done with bias that they weren't impartial and not very hard to do with its record

A company isnt allowed to misrepresent its product or service they cant claim they are unbias that they are impartial and not be just like a manufacturer cant put a made in US tag on products made in China
you against consumer protection? you against consumers not getting what a company claims they are getting?
Facebook doesn't produce a product. They provide a platform. You must abide by certain rukes to use their platform. Is you don't, they can remove you.

It's really just that simple. I already provided Facebook's partial list of TOS violations. She has no case.
doesn't matter what their TOS says if that TOS isnt applied and enforced with out bias or impartiality which they claim it is they are in violation of misrepresenting their service
She was banned along with others who express hate speech, including Alex Jones and Louis Farrakhan.
"Hate speech" is undefinable, and Facebook defines it to mean "any opinion Mark Zuckerberg doesn't like."
So what? It's their site. If you don't like it, don't post your hate speech on it.

Of course there is. Hate speech is as simple as expressing hatred towards a specific group. It's not a legal term and does not present any legal consequences unless it becomes a verbal threat, but it is a thing and Facebook has a right to prohibit it on their website.

Seriously? Or are you exaggerating?

Trial will take...5 yrs min with all the appeals?
mYou get one "conservative" person on that jury and they are never going home without every single penny of what the plaintiff asks.

Facebook was being a dick. They were stupid about it and pissed off a lot of people.

But, it may take a long time before plaintiff gets paid. Or not, when Facebook wants to rid itself of bad publicity and wants to avoid as many duplicate suits as possible.

Loomer also has a right to sue them for defamation when Facebook uses it's arbitrary definition of "hate."

Loomer also has a right to sue them for defamation when Facebook uses it's arbitrary definition of "hate."

She won’t win as FB has deep pockets

Seriously? Or are you exaggerating?
Not at all. Just note how they react to any serious attempt to enforce the border.

So when is Twitter and other Social Media outlets going to BAN Ohmar, Talib and AOC?

When they start promoting hate.
They do that on a daily basis.

So what? It's their site. If you don't like it, don't post your hate speech on it.

no such thing as hate speech,,,

They have not taken sides, fucking moron.

So when is Twitter and other Social Media outlets going to BAN Ohmar, Talib and AOC?
Facebook defines hate speech as a direct attack on people based on what they call protected characteristics — race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, and serious disease or disability.

Show me where Omar, Tlaib or Cortez expressed such hate speech on Facebook.....
And the law defines calling someone a "dangerous person" to be defamation.

no such thing as hate speech,,,
And yet, there is. I already posted what Facebook considers hate speech.

Forum List

Back