Law professor explains why ultrasound laws are constitutional.

The pro-abortionists know that if a mother-to-be sees the formation of a head.....the rump...the arms and hands with fingers forming....the legs and feet with toes forming.....the heartbeat actually beating....then they will have a change of heart and a change of mind.

The worst thing that can happen to the pro-abortionist ideology is to have a pro-abortionist change her mind. Afterall, places like Planned Parenthood have a bottom line to support and a political action arm to fund.

It's not good for business to have a woman change her mind. Never forget that.

Rufus and O.R.I.O.N., would you require a mother to sacrifice her life to save the baby?

I would not no. There is ALWAYS at least in my mind certain circumstances abortion is OK...those TO ME are. Danger of death to mother or child,cases of incest,rape,mental or physical retardation in the child. That's it. What tiny % of abortions are under those? The VAST majority are because they just don't want the kid...I would be more than welcoming to an adopted baby...I have several kids of my own but would welcome another baby natural or adopted.

I've always thought that an abortion clinic should be forced to put at least as much effort into informing a woman about alternatives and helping her navigate those choices as they do with just going through with the abortion.

Having an abortion can result in deep psychological issues and I don't understand why such little money goes towards alternatives. All of it goes towards banning abortion outright instead of supporting other options.

And I also don't understand why Democrats support alternatives so little... :(

Rufus and O.R.I.O.N., would you require a mother to sacrifice her life to save the baby?

I would not no. There is ALWAYS at least in my mind certain circumstances abortion is OK...those TO ME are. Danger of death to mother or child,cases of incest,rape,mental or physical retardation in the child. That's it. What tiny % of abortions are under those? The VAST majority are because they just don't want the kid...I would be more than welcoming to an adopted baby...I have several kids of my own but would welcome another baby natural or adopted.

In fact, I agree exactly with those exceptions.

The total of those is 13% of the annual number of abortions.

The point of conflict then in the discussion is the exact moment of when fetus becomes unborn baby.

I've always thought that an abortion clinic should be forced to put at least as much effort into informing a woman about alternatives and helping her navigate those choices as they do with just going through with the abortion.

Having an abortion can result in deep psychological issues and I don't understand why such little money goes towards alternatives. All of it goes towards banning abortion outright instead of supporting other options.

And I also don't understand why Democrats support alternatives so little... :(

extremes are the political tool of the day.

If you listened to the talking heads you would think that everyone wants abortion on demand at the corner market even during labor or that they wanted abortion illegal in all circumstances and women to report to the nearest pregnancy PD for inspection every morning.

The reality is that most Americans are against late term abortions and support basic regulations in seeking one while supporting a woman's right to have an abortion.

Too bad those RTL law professors are wrong.

Judge strikes down North Carolina ultrasound abortion law - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A North Carolina law that made women who wanted an abortion get an ultrasound, and then have the image described to them, is unconstitutional, a federal judge ruled Friday.

"The Supreme Court has never held that a state has the power to compel a health care provider to speak, in his or her own voice, the state's ideological message in favor of carrying a pregnancy to term and this court declines to do so today," U.S. District Judge Catherine Eagles said in her ruling."

Oklahoma Mandatory Ultrasound Law Is Ruled Unconstitutional

You call being allowed to murder another human being "women's rights" WOW....

News flash: Abortions have been happening since the dawn of civilization and will continue till the end.

The end.

Stop it! Less than .01%, that's one in ten thousand, abortions have anything to do with the mother's health, that is, unless you consider how many women die from botched abortions.

Killing another human being is murder. No matter how you slice it. Human Being= Someone with a beating heart.A babies heart starts beating at 6 weeks.

Forum List

Back