Law professor: Slippery slope to legal incest and polygamy

Actually no, I don't. A small percent of my posts are in gay threads. I see you all over those, and see you almost never anywhere else.

I'm gay. Duh. And you might want to check my post history. :rolleyes:

I guess you wouldn't know about guys since you aren't one and you don't live with one. But we aren't that ambitious unless there's the potential for sex in it.

Okay, well I seldom think about sex but marriage equality isn't about sex...as married people with children can tell you.

95% of my experience with government is getting reamed. That government is unfair on my behalf is unknown to me.

Oh, so your opposition to gays being legally married like you are is to "save" them from government? Good one. Very original.

Um...if you don't know my view on marriage at this point, I'm not going to bother.

Yes, we know the married Kaz's views on other people marrying.

You were when you went through MEPS...oh yea you will say you did not turn lesbian until after MEPS. Same standard lie. I served in the Navy from 1979 until 2003. I saw all the games you lesbians played and I had the pleasure to help boot of few of you out. :clap2:

I was asked if I had ever "engaged in homosexual activity". I had not.

you served while being gay before it was legal. You served dishonestly and you know it end of story.

It's always ironic to watch Bootlicker talk about others being "dishonest". I wonder how he got his advancements..........if he got any at all.....:eusa_whistle:

I'm gay. Duh. And you might want to check my post history. :rolleyes:

I guess you wouldn't know about guys since you aren't one and you don't live with one. But we aren't that ambitious unless there's the potential for sex in it.

Okay, well I seldom think about sex but marriage equality isn't about sex...as married people with children can tell you.

You never unclench, do you?

You're attitude is no longer in the majority...it's dying off quickly too. Faster if the GOP is ever in charge of Health Care. :lol:

My "attitude"? My "attitude" is the norm. Yes, you are right. In another 30-40 years (after I am long gone, thank God!) Homosexuals may, indeed, be the "norm".

But for right now - right here and now - and, until us baby boomers die out, they are freaks. They are play acting. So, no matter how you want to frame your argument, you come at it as a pretender. Equal to me? Of course. But NEVER in marriage. NEVER. Women will ALWAYS need a man and men will ALWAYS need a woman. It's called "life".

See? No matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you are "normal"......it just ain't so.....

No, it isn't. You should really pull your head out of the sand every so often and see what's going on around you.

Gallup poll: Same-sex relationships moral

Poll: Support for gay marriage hits high after ruling

fivethirtyeight-0326-marriage2-blog480.png

Gays are as "normal" (or not) as left handed and red haired people.

But you're right...my marriage isn't quite equal yet. Your marriage license is valid in all 50 states, mine in about a quarter of the states, but it will be equal when the SCOTUS strikes down Section II of DOMA.

Again - you are a pretender. a play actor. There is nothing "real" about your relationship. Do I care? Absolutely not. But for you to puff your chest out like you (and yours) have "accomplished something" is nonsense.

You guys live by legalese. "Laws" don't lend credence to decadence. They only "legalize" it.

You were when you went through MEPS...oh yea you will say you did not turn lesbian until after MEPS. Same standard lie. I served in the Navy from 1979 until 2003. I saw all the games you lesbians played and I had the pleasure to help boot of few of you out. :clap2:

you served while being gay before it was legal. You served dishonestly and you know it end of story.

When Ike was ordered by Congress to dismiss all gays from the military and he found out whose name would be 1st on the list he chose to disobey what he considered to be an "unlawful" order. Everyone who serves swears an oath to uphold the rights of the American people. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness includes those who are gay.

My great, great grandfather served in a Michigan Regiment in the Civil War when he was 17. As was common in the day, he wrote the number 18 on the bottom of his shoe. When they asked his age, he said "I stand over 18." That was good enough for them.

My brother went to the Naval Academy. He finished in the top 10% of his class and as such was handed his diploma by Dan Quayle. The P and VP alternate each year who gives diplomas to the top 10% at Army and Navy.

Top 10% of Naval Academy class means you write your own ticket. He went nuclear subs. He was in training in Orlando, and they came and took him out of class and told him he was being kicked out of the program. He had honestly admitted he'd tried pot in high school on his application and whatever Admiral ran the program apparently had a policy that if you've ever tried drugs you can't ever have tried any drug.

Had they told him when he applied, he had endless other opportunities with his class rank. However, at this point he ended up at the bottom of the list behind even ROTC people and had to go surface warfare, the bottom choice. He served the minimum and left. He is the sort of person we need in the military. Honest, believes in his country and the mission.

I have no issue with Seawytch saying a technical truth. I'm guessing no one would support her more than my brother who had he lied like most people who had tried pot in high school did would have been fine.

I applaud your Brother's honesty and you're right, we need men and women in the military like him. Unfortunately, as a person who, on occasion, had to run security checks in the Army, I can tell you with certainty that admitting to drug use will get you flagged (and unable to obtain a TS security clearance - which is a prerequisite for submarine duty). It had nothing whatsoever to do with any "Admiral". That has been SOP in the military for the last 50 or so years.

When the paperwork is filled out (SF 86) it CLEARLY states that "any illicit substance up to, and including alcohol, is grounds for immediate disqualification for consideration of a security clearance". It seems harsh, to be sure, but there IS a reason for this. Although, I can honestly attest to several guys with TS and above that I personally would have never approved - but they were tried and tested soldiers that I would have trusted with my life.

Again, It is a shame that telling the truth can cost you - but there it is.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

If I was never asked, how was it "dishonest"?

Are you going to claim you never got a BJ while in the military?

Legalese, once again.

"My recruiter didn't ask me - so it's OK"

BS and you know it.

Guess you were "willing to learn".....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: NLT
It is obvious from your posts in this discussion that your ideas on homosexuality are based on your religious views which are that homosexuals are immoral, perverted, do not deserve to receive equal rights and you want to use the power of big government to support those stances to deny homosexuals equal access to marriage.
Not fighting with you but we read you loud and clear.

Sheeeeeeeeeesh. Obviously you do not "read me loud and clear" --- I am not religious and have no religious views!!

Darn, both sides of the spectrum, far right and homosexual left are putting their own words in my posts and totally misinterpreting what I say.

Suggestion: if it's not in MY words, it's not me saying it, it's you saying it.

And please stop that!

Oh, so your opposition to gays being legally married like you are is to "save" them from government? Good one. Very original.

Um...if you don't know my view on marriage at this point, I'm not going to bother.

We also know that you're insecure in your views. If you were secure, you would be happy to discuss mine as they are. That you have to endlessly twist my view clearly indicates that you've got an issue with gays yourself. Still feel guilty about your Catholic upbringing? What is your uncertainty of your view based on? Ironic I'm the one comfortable with gays when you're the gay.

My "attitude"? My "attitude" is the norm. Yes, you are right. In another 30-40 years (after I am long gone, thank God!) Homosexuals may, indeed, be the "norm".

But for right now - right here and now - and, until us baby boomers die out, they are freaks. They are play acting. So, no matter how you want to frame your argument, you come at it as a pretender. Equal to me? Of course. But NEVER in marriage. NEVER. Women will ALWAYS need a man and men will ALWAYS need a woman. It's called "life".

See? No matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you are "normal"......it just ain't so.....

No, it isn't. You should really pull your head out of the sand every so often and see what's going on around you.

But you're right...my marriage isn't quite equal yet. Your marriage license is valid in all 50 states, mine in about a quarter of the states, but it will be equal when the SCOTUS strikes down Section II of DOMA.

Again - you are a pretender. a play actor. There is nothing "real" about your relationship. Do I care? Absolutely not. But for you to puff your chest out like you (and yours) have "accomplished something" is nonsense.

You guys live by legalese. "Laws" don't lend credence to decadence. They only "legalize" it.

Sorry, just because you "think" so, doesn't make it true.

Of course we've accomplished something...but there is still more to accomplish. Repealing the rest of DOMA is a first step.

If I was never asked, how was it "dishonest"?

Are you going to claim you never got a BJ while in the military?

Legalese, once again.

"My recruiter didn't ask me - so it's OK"

BS and you know it.

Guess you were "willing to learn".....

I was never asked, period. The question was not "are you gay", it was "have you ever engaged". I had not.

Last edited by a moderator:

We also know that you're insecure in your views. If you were secure, you would be happy to discuss mine as they are. That you have to endlessly twist my view clearly indicates that you've got an issue with gays yourself. Still feel guilty about your Catholic upbringing? What is your uncertainty of your view based on? Ironic I'm the one comfortable with gays when you're the gay.

Nobody is twisting your views. You're married, right?

Nope, no guilt or insecurities, but your concern is touching.

Nobody is twisting your views. You're married, right?

Nope, no guilt or insecurities, but your concern is touching.

You are not only not capable of stating my view, you aren't even capable of forming a sentence that makes any sense in light of my view.

Why is that? Am I right about the Catholic thing? The Catholics really screw people up with guilt.

It is obvious from your posts in this discussion that your ideas on homosexuality are based on your religious views which are that homosexuals are immoral, perverted, do not deserve to receive equal rights and you want to use the power of big government to support those stances to deny homosexuals equal access to marriage.

Sheeeeeeeeeesh. Obviously you do not "read me loud and clear" --- I am not religious and have no religious views!!

Darn, both sides of the spectrum, far right and homosexual left are putting their own words in my posts and totally misinterpreting what I say.

And please stop that!

Whether you know it or not, the words you "stated" are right out of the bible.

Of course we've accomplished something...but there is still more to accomplish. Repealing the rest of DOMA is a first step.

Look, there is something that you need to understand about me (and most likely) most folks of my age. I believe, with all my heart, that we ALL have an inherent RIGHT to happiness. I don't care what your political leanings are, I don't care what color you are, I don't care if you are straight or gay. I don't care if you are a man or a woman. life is short as hell and we ALL have a right to go through it with someone we love.

I have no problem whatsoever with civil unions for gay folks. Never have. What I have a problem is when gays DEMAND that "straight" folks accept their lifestyle and endorse it with "marriage". Again, it is nothing more than a stunt, perpetrated by outlandish behavior that seeks to destroy the institutions like the Church and the nuclear family.

Again, no matter what gays do, they will ALWAYS be looked at as "pretenders" looking for validation for a perverse lifestyle that a very small segment of society indulges in. Conservatives, while turning a blind eye to your behavior, will never recognize your "marriages" as valid. They will ALWAYS look at them as "phony".

Get used to it.

And please stop that!

Ok, my bad, pardon me, I believe you, not based on religion.
Where did you learn that homosexuals are perverts, immoral and do not deserve the same rights as straight folk?
Who taught you that?

Look, there is something that you need to understand about me (and most likely) most folks of my age. I believe, with all my heart, that we ALL have an inherent RIGHT to happiness. I don't care what your political leanings are, I don't care what color you are, I don't care if you are straight or gay. I don't care if you are a man or a woman. life is short as hell and we ALL have a right to go through it with someone we love.

I have no problem whatsoever with civil unions for gay folks. Never have. What I have a problem is when gays DEMAND that "straight" folks accept their lifestyle and endorse it with "marriage". Again, it is nothing more than a stunt, perpetrated by outlandish behavior that seeks to destroy the institutions like the Church and the nuclear family.

Again, no matter what gays do, they will ALWAYS be looked at as "pretenders" looking for validation for a perverse lifestyle that a very small segment of society indulges in. Conservatives, while turning a blind eye to your behavior, will never recognize your "marriages" as valid. They will ALWAYS look at them as "phony".

Get used to it.

Look, there is something that you need to understand about me. I will always look at folks like you as close minded petty bigots. If you are what being conservative is about, I curse conservatism.

Get used to it.

Get used to gay and straight folks not giving a shit if you want to endorse anything or not endorse it.
You do not have to endorse a damn thing when the county court gives them a license.
YOU will not even know it is happening.
You believe they are perverted, you say so time and time again so why the non stop bull shitting us with the rank rhetoric that began this speech?

Get used to it.

Look, there is something that you need to understand about me. I will always look at folks like you as close minded petty bigots. If you
are what being conservative is about, I curse conservatism.

Oh, thats OK cowboy...I curse communists like you, every day.

Forum List

Back