left wingers...Ben Shapiro explains Comey's opening statement, in language you can understand...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here it is....Ben Shapiro breaks down James, the doofus, Comey's opening statement......

Democrat Narrative DESTROYED: Comey Opening Statement Says Trump Isn't Under Personal Investigation, Didn't Pressure Comey To Kill Russian Campaign Collusion Investigation

On Wednesday, the Senate Intelligence Committee released the text of the opening statement former FBI director James Comey is prepared to give on Thursday. It contains a number of statements likely to be seized upon by reporters and Democrats in order to maintain that President Trump engaged in obstruction of justice by firing Comey, purportedly in an attempt to kill the Trump-Russia investigation. But the testimony shows precisely the opposite: Trump didn't fire Comey to cover anything up, but out of anger that Comey wouldn't clear him; Trump was assured by Comey repeatedly that he was not under investigation by the FBI; Trump wasn't attempting to shut down the campaign collusion investigation.

Comey began by describing his first meeting with then-President-Elect Trump on January 6 at Trump Tower, at which he personally briefed Trump about an intelligence community assessment concerning Russian interference in the 2016 election. Comey says he alone briefed Trump on the details, out of respect for Trump’s privacy; this would have included the dossier material talking about Trump’s supposed Russian “pee-tape.” Comey explained that he was worried that the briefing might lead Trump to believe he was under investigation by the FBI on a counterintelligence level. He also explained that Trump was correct that he was not under personal investigation:

In that context, prior to the January 6 meeting, I discussed with the FBI’s leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him. We agreed I should do so if circumstances warranted. During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, based on President-Elect Trump’s reaction to the briefing and without him directly asking the question, I offered that assurance.

This confirms Trump’s account, at least in part.

Poor libs, their lies and fake news narratives keep blowing up in their faces.

I've read Comey's written testimony. He describes textbook Obstruction of Justice by Trump. It's a felony.

It doesn't matter if Trump wasn't under investigation. It doesn't matter if Flynn is guilty. It's still Obstruction of Justice, and it's still a felony.

Impeachment time. At least all non-traitors will say so.

---
When the door by the grandfather clock closed, and we were alone, the President began by saying, "I want to talk about Mike Flynn." Flynn had resigned the previous day.

The President then made a long series of comments about the problem with leaks of classified information -- a concern I shared and still share. After he had spoken for a few minutes about leaks, Reince Priebus leaned in through the door by the grandfather clock and I could see a group of people waiting behind him. The President waved at him to close the door, saying he would be done shortly. The door closed.

The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, "He is a good guy and has been through a lot." He repeated that Flynn hadn't done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go." I replied only that "he is a good guy." (In fact, I had a positive experience dealing with Mike Flynn when he was a colleague as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency at the beginning of my term at FBI.) I did not say I would "let this go."

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI's traditionally independent status in the executive branch.

I replied that I loved my work and intended to stay and serve out my ten-year term as Director. And then, because the set-up made me uneasy, I added that I was not "reliable" in the way politicians use that word, but he could always count on me to tell him the truth. I added that I was not on anybody's side politically and could not be counted on in the traditional political sense, a stance I said was in his best interest as the President.

A few moments later, the President said, "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty." I didn't move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence.
---

(Here come the snowflake tears ...)

I've read Comey's written testimony. He describes textbook Obstruction of Justice by Trump. It's a felony.

It doesn't matter if Trump wasn't under investigation. It doesn't matter if Flynn is guilty. It's still Obstruction of Justice, and it's still a felony.

---
When the door by the grandfather clock closed, and we were alone, the President began by saying, "I want to talk about Mike Flynn." Flynn had resigned the previous day.

The President then made a long series of comments about the problem with leaks of classified information -- a concern I shared and still share. After he had spoken for a few minutes about leaks, Reince Priebus leaned in through the door by the grandfather clock and I could see a group of people waiting behind him. The President waved at him to close the door, saying he would be done shortly. The door closed.

The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, "He is a good guy and has been through a lot." He repeated that Flynn hadn't done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go." I replied only that "he is a good guy." (In fact, I had a positive experience dealing with Mike Flynn when he was a colleague as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency at the beginning of my term at FBI.) I did not say I would "let this go."

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI's traditionally independent status in the executive branch.

I replied that I loved my work and intended to stay and serve out my ten-year term as Director. And then, because the set-up made me uneasy, I added that I was not "reliable" in the way politicians use that word, but he could always count on me to tell him the truth. I added that I was not on anybody's side politically and could not be counted on in the traditional political sense, a stance I said was in his best interest as the President.

A few moments later, the President said, "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty." I didn't move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence.
---

Not even close numbnuts.....his "Instincts" right...... the same instincts that made up hilary being unable to be charged because she lacked intent......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess it's a matter of opinion, obstruction, some attorneys on tv say yes some say well it was inappropriate. We'll see.

I was wondering how is testimony got out but just saw Senator Burr tell reporters he's sorry they lost their story because of his early release.

---

---

Yep....a nothingburger.

---

---

"My instincts" Yup that will hold up really well kind of like a polygraph.

---

---

"My instincts" Yup that will hold up really well kind of like a polygraph.

I think comey felt a tingle in his leg....

---

---

Of laughter at your ignorance.

---

---

Not even close. I don't blame you attempting to spin this for your other snowflake friends, but this is just a swing and a miss.

Ben Shapiro has become a part of the Trump Davidians and he has admitted it. That means that he is saying what Trump wants him to say. Totally untrustworthy.

Ben Shapiro has become a part of the Trump Davidians and he has admitted it. That means that he is saying what Trump wants him to say. Totally untrustworthy.

He isn't a Trump supporter, not even now.....

---

---

Yep....a nothingburger.
Heaped with "the works" no less and very well done.

Another sad day in leftydom coming up.

Given a Republican Congress and Justice Department, it will be difficult to press obstruction charges without a direct order to drop charges or be fired

Nobody can say what Trump did was not inappropriate. To hold a closed door meeting with the chief investigator and request an investigation into your team be dropped is inappropriate. To ask for personal loyalty from the man who is investigating you is inappropriate

Forum List

Back