Leftards Beware When Assaulting Trump Fans

So people who are trying to protect history and preserve public displays are Nazi's, but the people who want to tear history and relics down are not.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

George Orwell, 1984

Lost Cause statues are not "history". They're propaganda transmitters. The technology of the time.

NO statue is a "history". History is kept in what we call "books". The purpose of statues is not "history" --- it is "glorification".

No, it is history, just history the commies can't stand. If we allow them to remove history in statues, what's stopping them from removing history in books?

They're already rewriting the books.

How many statues have to be removed before slavery never happened?

Zero, don'cha know everything that happened over the last 240 years is all because of slavery, no amount of reform can erase that. Don't believe me, just ask Im2.

Slavery, on this continent, actually goes back a little over twice that long (494 years TBE). But I didn't learn that from a statue. I doubt there is such a statue and if there is you'd have to be in a specific spot in rural South Carolina to see it. History books, on the other hand, go anywhere.

Bullshit, you try to blame machines and not the people using them.

Oh do I now.

Why don't you quote me. Oh wait that's right, you can't quote that which does not exist. All you can do is make it up.

Hint machines do nothing by themselves. Are you saying Windsor would be just as violent as Detroit if they had guns?

Not at all. The point there is sailing right over your noggin.

Thanks, you just proved my point, it boils down to the people involved, not the machines they have. BTW are you aware that 1 in 4 Canadians own firearms.

26. How many people in Canada legally own firearms?

How vaguely interesting. Snore.

Yes, it is down to people and the culture they practice. As in Gun Culture. That culture exists whether you have one or not.

So now you're back to blaming machines, I guess you're indoctrination won't allow you to admit the truth. In your own words, define "gun culture".

Hey pogoshit, what's wrong, can't you define in your own words "gun culture"??????? Are you throwing around buzz words you don't really understand?????????

A delicious irony, since that was literally the first thing I did when I arrived at this site in 2012, right between the Jacksonville shooting and the Newtown shooting. Thanks for keeping up and shit.

We saw in the last Election how Anti-Trump people felt entitled to throw eggs, rip signs, steal MAGA hats from Trump voters. Where and how did we ever get to the point where liberals feel entitled to invade personal space? We also saw Nathan Phillips bang a drum in a 16 year olds face lied/cried that the 16 year old was preventing his access to the Lincoln Memorial. The Left justifies this by saying the boy’s face is “punchable”.

Dear candycorn cc: Pogo
Then it appears to be mutual

If your point is you are saying I'm imposing my beliefs as much as I am arguing Pogo or others are

1. first of all I don't believe in imposing my beliefs through govt and forcing that on others.
2. secondly, I don't believe in removing or excluding the statues or beliefs of others about them.

People who want to negate the beliefs of others by exclusion
then complain about being excluded or discriminated against themselves.

Nobody wants that done to them!

That's why I defend my beliefs in defending everyone's beliefs and rights to those equally.

When it comes to Statues, removing them would endorse one side's beliefs and prevent the others.
Endorsing such beliefs ABOVE or SUPERIOR to beliefs in preserving history
also THREATENS those beliefs and people's equal rights to them.

However, agreeing to preserve statues in a park or moving them to a museum area, for example,
would allow for BOTH and prohibit NEITHER.

I'm saying we don't have to "impose" one belief or another.

If we seek a common solution where everyone can have their own beliefs kept intact,
then it doesn't matter how much we believe or don't believe in this or that.

We don't threaten each other, and don't worry the other belief is a threat to ours.

That's what I support and advocate.

But I don't believe in "forcing this through govt" but creating an environment
where people naturally choose to respect and include beliefs of others
because we equally want our beliefs to be included without fear of imposition.

ohhhh Kay.

My thing is this. If you’re going to have statues to X and X falls out of favor one day, removing the statue doesn’t erase X from the history of the nation. It means that the current society doesn’t want to highlight X.

I still don’t see how torch carrying Nazis had any role to play in the removal of a statue. Me thinks most are using that as cover to explain what the true motives were...hate and intimidation

Dear candycorn
That's fine if all sides agree to remove or move the statue someplace else where it can still be preserved.

But I don't agree with
a. removing it just because one side outbullies and forces the other when they didn't both agree
b. destroying the statue as with Freed Slave history and Civil Right landmarks destroyed where I live
where these are not something that can be replaced or recreated

From consulting with historic preservationists, including African American cultural and political history,
even moving a historic house two inches off its original foundation destroys its historic significance and value.
Moving historic houses to a part for convenience destroys the integrity and value
rather than leaving them where they were originally built.

Unknowingly candycorn this is already "imposing" the "white cultural thinking" that you
can just "relocate" Native Americans or Freed Slave sites and culture "to another location"
and the "history can still be taught and preserved."

That's NOT the same as preserving the culture on the original site.

Because of cultural differences in beliefs on WHEN it is better to relocate rather
than destroy something altogether, THAT is why I would insist on a CONSENSUS
between the people who want to preserve a cultural site or landmark and those
who want to move or remove it. Because if it's destroying something, I'd rather
work out a solution that protects the people on both sides of the conflict.

Moving something from a public sphere to a museum is “destroying” it?

No...it’s merely no longer celebrating whatever the statue was meant to commemorate.

As for “all sides” agreeing...that is simplistic. There can be a dozen sides to any issue. A statue of MLK for example may have those in favor or opposed to the man, those who may have admired the cause but not the man, disparaged the cause but liked the oratory, didn’t like his message but admired his civil disobedience... Demanding a consensus is problematic. Also, it would work against any further commemoration if “all sides” have to agree. We saw th is in the 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero...there were passionate disagreements about what to include and what to leave out.

Also, it would work against any further commemoration if “all sides” have to agree.

You just voided your whole argument there and told the TRUTH about Charlottesville.. There ARE good people on both sides of this issue... And we SHOULDN'T have to ALL agree...

Because I love maximum freedom I'm willing to tolerate and defend stuff that people do that I personally hate..

Without THAT -- we don't have a "free country"....

Ahh...”good people” in your book chant Nazi slogans and carry torches. I see

Nope.. All you saw were 2 fringe groups of hotheads clashing.. THEY don't determine what the decisions will be.. And NEITHER of those were "good people"... But the real argument is left to made by folks who dont chant slogans and intimidate people in the streets...

SO -- you go on BELIEVING that anyone besides the rabid leftist partisan BELIEVE that the clashing morons represent America....

It makes you feel less deranged and I worry about that load of shit you trot around with....

You actually want to ignore abounding resources available whenever you want them --- and then blame THE UNREAD BOOKS? Or do you want to blame ME --- for what, not reading it aloud to you?

No.,. I'm blaming and flaming you about concocting a silly assertion that "Most people know the history" and then proposing a ludicrous solution "to read books"... That doesn't set the awareness of history in the minds of 90% of America....

You got nothing.. Better to argue RETAINING or HIDING the public tributes to the past than make up silly assertions and depend America to read books when more than half of our public school kids are FUNCTIONALLY ILLITERATE and totally uninterested about history...

Even this tempest about "monuments and symbols" does more for History Appreciation week than PURGING those symbols...

ohhhh Kay.

My thing is this. If you’re going to have statues to X and X falls out of favor one day, removing the statue doesn’t erase X from the history of the nation. It means that the current society doesn’t want to highlight X.

I still don’t see how torch carrying Nazis had any role to play in the removal of a statue. Me thinks most are using that as cover to explain what the true motives were...hate and intimidation

Dear candycorn
That's fine if all sides agree to remove or move the statue someplace else where it can still be preserved.

But I don't agree with
a. removing it just because one side outbullies and forces the other when they didn't both agree
b. destroying the statue as with Freed Slave history and Civil Right landmarks destroyed where I live

From consulting with historic preservationists, including African American cultural and political history,
even moving a historic house two inches off its original foundation destroys its historic significance and value.
Moving historic houses to a part for convenience destroys the integrity and value

Unknowingly candycorn this is already "imposing" the "white cultural thinking" that you
can just "relocate" Native Americans or Freed Slave sites and culture "to another location"

Because of cultural differences in beliefs on WHEN it is better to relocate rather

No...it’s merely no longer celebrating whatever the statue was meant to commemorate.

As for “all sides” agreeing...that is simplistic. There can be a dozen sides to any issue. A statue of MLK for example may have those in favor or opposed to the man, those who may have admired the cause but not the man, disparaged the cause but liked the oratory, didn’t like his message but admired his civil disobedience... Demanding a consensus is problematic. Also, it would work against any further commemoration if “all sides” have to agree. We saw th is in the 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero...there were passionate disagreements about what to include and what to leave out.

Also, it would work against any further commemoration if “all sides” have to agree.

You just voided your whole argument there and told the TRUTH about Charlottesville.. There ARE good people on both sides of this issue... And we SHOULDN'T have to ALL agree...

Because I love maximum freedom I'm willing to tolerate and defend stuff that people do that I personally hate..

Nope.. All you saw were 2 fringe groups of hotheads clashing.. THEY don't determine what the decisions will be.. And NEITHER of those were "good people"... But the real argument is left to made by folks who dont chant slogans and intimidate people in the streets...

SO -- you go on BELIEVING that anyone besides the rabid leftist partisan BELIEVE that the clashing morons represent America....

It makes you feel less deranged and I worry about that load of shit you trot around with....

Just admit it; like the blob, you think people carrying torches and chanting Nazi slogans are good people. You won’t be admitting anything that we don’t already know about you.

Lost Cause statues are not "history". They're propaganda transmitters. The technology of the time.

NO statue is a "history". History is kept in what we call "books". The purpose of statues is not "history" --- it is "glorification".

No, it is history, just history the commies can't stand. If we allow them to remove history in statues, what's stopping them from removing history in books?

Zero, don'cha know everything that happened over the last 240 years is all because of slavery, no amount of reform can erase that. Don't believe me, just ask Im2.

Slavery, on this continent, actually goes back a little over twice that long (494 years TBE). But I didn't learn that from a statue. I doubt there is such a statue and if there is you'd have to be in a specific spot in rural South Carolina to see it. History books, on the other hand, go anywhere.

Well smart ass if you want to go beyond our country as we know it, natives raided other tribes and took slaves almost from mans earliest occupation of this continent. Build yourself a statue to that.

Oh do I now.

Why don't you quote me. Oh wait that's right, you can't quote that which does not exist. All you can do is make it up.

Not at all. The point there is sailing right over your noggin.

Thanks, you just proved my point, it boils down to the people involved, not the machines they have. BTW are you aware that 1 in 4 Canadians own firearms.

Yes, it is down to people and the culture they practice. As in Gun Culture. That culture exists whether you have one or not.

So now you're back to blaming machines, I guess you're indoctrination won't allow you to admit the truth. In your own words, define "gun culture".

Hey pogoshit, what's wrong, can't you define in your own words "gun culture"??????? Are you throwing around buzz words you don't really understand?????????

A delicious irony, since that was literally the first thing I did when I arrived at this site in 2012, right between the Jacksonville shooting and the Newtown shooting. Thanks for keeping up and shit.

Deflection and surrender duly noted.
:iyfyus.jpg:

Dear candycorn

But I don't agree with

Just admit it; like the blob, you think people carrying torches and chanting Nazi slogans are good people. You won’t be admitting anything that we don’t already know about you.

You can't compete here -- so you troll.. It doesn't really trigger me... And you're not winning the argument accusing me of being supportive of ANY radical fringe....

There ARE good people who don't want to purge symbolic historic plaques and statues.. I'm one of them.. I'm basically PRO-CHOICE on everything.. Because freedom and liberty only survive in a country that knows the value of tolerance...

The effort to make America "risk free" and "insult free" has no purpose and no end.. You go with the fringes down that road... Been nice knowing you....

Well smart ass if you want to go beyond our country as we know it, natives raided other tribes and took slaves almost from mans earliest occupation of this continent. Build yourself a statue to that.

As I just told CandyThorn -- that movement to rephrase history has no purpose and no end.. And it soon digests itself trying to make EVERYONE "comfortable" with actual history and that's not even possible....

Good example right there...

As I just told CandyThorn -- that movement to rephrase history has no purpose and no end.. And it soon digests itself trying to make EVERYONE "comfortable" with actual history and that's not even possible....

You feel better now or do you want to go a few rounds with George Foreman to make you feel better :10:

You feel better now or do you want to go a few rounds with George Foreman to make you feel better :10:

George and I would grab his patented grill and whoop up on some stuff... Really tire of dealing with drones who wont discuss as adults.. Especially when all they see is Nazis everywhere...

Remember what this thread was about??? Don't come assaulting armed people??? See -- I made that be "on topic".... :coffee:

George and I would grab his patented grill and whoop up on some stuff... Really tire of dealing with drones who wont discuss as adults.. Especially when all they see is Nazis everywhere...

Remember what this thread was about??? Don't come assaulting armed people??? See -- I made that be "on topic".... :coffee:

I learned a couple things in the decades I have been around and in the occupation I used to have.

Never bring a knife to a gunfight

When you fire on some and they fire back, don't go claiming they aren't being fair. That's just bitching.

I learned a couple things in the decades I have been around and in the occupation I used to have.

Never bring a knife to a gunfight

When you fire on some and they fire back, don't go claiming they aren't being fair. That's just bitching.

Can anyone translate stupid ?

You actually want to ignore abounding resources available whenever you want them --- and then blame THE UNREAD BOOKS? Or do you want to blame ME --- for what, not reading it aloud to you?

No.,. I'm blaming and flaming you about concocting a silly assertion that "Most people know the history" and then proposing a ludicrous solution "to read books"... That doesn't set the awareness of history in the minds of 90% of America....

You got nothing.. Better to argue RETAINING or HIDING the public tributes to the past than make up silly assertions and depend America to read books when more than half of our public school kids are FUNCTIONALLY ILLITERATE and totally uninterested about history...

Even this tempest about "monuments and symbols" does more for History Appreciation week than PURGING those symbols...

WHERE did I post "most people know their history"? Got a quote? I seem to remember some wag contending that statues represent history and contradicting that silly assertion because obviously THEY DON'T. If you have to invent strawmen to knock down then you're playing with yourself.

History is recorded in history books, not statues, not monuments and not message boards or Googly Images. That's an irrefutable fact. And NOBODY is tearing down those history books, hence they ARE available for anyone interested. Your red herring canard about "what people come out of school knowing" is also IRRELEVANT to that.

History IS NOT recorded in statues, PERIOD. Address the topic actually presented and quit inventing new ones, K?

Irrelevant. You cited a period of time half as long as it really is and I corrected it. Moreover we're talking specifically about transAtlantic slavery, which is a whole different animal from the slavery practiced for millennia on every continent in antiquity where people became spoils of war between neighboring tribes. Specifically this was the practice if importing people from an entirely different continent (and language and culture and flora and fauna), coupled with the marketing tool of this ethnocentric propaganda that they were "savages" ergo not really human, so it was OK, which we call "racism". Added to which, also unlike for lack of a better term 'traditional' slavery, they and their progeny were held to be slaves for life, specifically on account of that race. So you're trying to equate apples with kumquats here.

The final point there was that there exists, and would not be expected to exist, no "statue" or monument to tell us about Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón bringing the first captive Africans here in 1526. That's found, AGAIN, in the history books, because HISTORY BOOKS ARE WHERE HISTORY FUCKING LIVES. If we had to depend on some intrepid soul setting up a marker on the Pee Dee River to find out about this it would be obscure to the point of nonexistence.

But just for the sake of argument let's imagine there is such a marker explaining the story of San Miguel de Guadape. Now imagine somebody tears it down. Does it suddenly become never-known? Does it induce some weird mass amnesia?

Deflection and surrender duly noted.
:iyfyus.jpg:

Your Peewee Hermanning of readily-available and prolific posting dating back to 2012 is what's noted. It's hardly a secret, it's not in any way hidden to select members of the inner circle, and it's also not part of this topic. You want the info, I told you where to find it. If you don't bother, then you don't want it. Ain't my job to re-post shit you didn't bother to read (or retain, I suspect you were there) in the first place.

WHERE did I post "most people know their history"? Got a quote? I seem to remember some wag contending that statues represent history and contradicting that silly assertion because obviously THEY DON'T. If you have to invent strawmen to knock down then you're playing with yourself.

History is recorded in history books, not statues, not monuments and not message boards or Googly Images. That's an irrefutable fact. And NOBODY is tearing down those history books, hence they ARE available for anyone interested. Your red herring canard about "what people come out of school knowing" is also IRRELEVANT to that.

History IS NOT recorded in statues, PERIOD. Address the topic actually presented and quit inventing new ones, K?

I believe you were talking about me. I never said statues were a history lesson, I said they were history, as in a reflection of our past. You can't tell me a painting of Abraham Lincoln is not history even though he was a historic figure.

A real American will not pick and choose what part of history should be learned, represented, or hidden. Tearing down those figures is anarchy of the left. Yeah......I know....I know....the left believes they own the entire country, and no dissent allowed. But the truth is we are a country of different people with different views.

This time it's statues, next time it will be books. They even wanted to remove George Washington. First they came after the Jews, but I was not Jewish, so I said nothing.............

I believe you were talking about me. I never said statues were a history lesson, I said they were history, as in a reflection of our past. You can't tell me a painting of Abraham Lincoln is not history even though he was a historic figure.

A real American will not pick and choose what part of history should be learned, represented, or hidden. Tearing down those figures is anarchy of the left. Yeah......I know....I know....the left believes they own the entire country, and no dissent allowed. But the truth is we are a country of different people with different views.

This time it's statues, next time it will be books. They even wanted to remove George Washington. First they came after the Jews, but I was not Jewish, so I said nothing.............

I honestly don't remember which of y'all said it, it's been rerun like a jukebox record several times. And I don't remember it being phrased as "statues are a history LESSON", that would actually be more accurate. The refrain I do remember is "removing statues is removing history", which it clearly and demonstrably is not.

Moreover neither "books" nor "George Washington" has any relevance to the Lost Cause propaganda, which is entirely what the monument moving is about. Except for of course those books that were directly rewritten and/or censored by that propaganda committee, which we already explored. Those books have presumably been supplanted, I don't know, but they were after all schoolbooks so not really relevant to true historical research anyway. That is to say, anyone who wants to know what really went down in the Civil War has plentiful resources to find out whether they reflect that propaganda or not.

As for "George Washington", who provably died long before the Civil War, there's just no way to leap there. As they say in Maine, you can't get there from here. So that's just a strawman made out of genuine canard.

Forum List

Back