🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Leftist Butthurt Alert: Trump Going After H1B Visas Next

That's the end of the U.S.'s tech dominance then

Bullshit you can train your own.

And who gives a fuck if us tech dominence takes a step back
Well if you don't mind America's most dominant industry getting overtaken then by all means kill the visa

I don't agree that that will happen but if there is a slight waver in dominance for five years then it'll be worth it because foreign engineers are worth a 20th of each homegrown engineer.

How terrible Americans will no longer be fired and replaced with a citizen of Pakistan.

“If implemented, the reforms could shift the way American companies like Microsoft Corp., Amazon.com Inc. and Apple Inc. recruit talent and force wholesale changes at Indian companies such as Infosys Ltd. and Wipro Ltd. Businesses would have to try to hire American first and if they recruit foreign workers, priority would be given to the most highly paid. . . . The foreign work visas were originally established to help U.S. companies recruit from abroad when they couldn’t find qualified local workers. In many cases, the companies are hiring for highly technical positions in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math, or STEM. But in recent years, there have been allegations the programs have been abused to bring in cheaper workers from overseas to fill jobs that otherwise may go to Americans.”

Trump’s Next Immigration Move to Hit Closer to Home for Tech.
So now hiring is not based on ability. This is no different than affirmative action. Trump isn't doing what he promised. I'm voting for Keith Ellison in 2020.
Douche, he is already doing what he promised.

Ah yes, firing Americans to hire Pakistanis making minimum wage will set America back centuries.
The best in the tech world come to America. Now they will go elsewhere, and our best and their companies will have to go to their countries to work with them.

These people don't get the jobs because they are better. THey get the jobs because they are cheaper.

Your hatred and contempt for the American worker is noted.
^ dumb comment, not worth a response
Yet, the skunk responded....

Well if you don't mind America's most dominant industry getting overtaken then by all means kill the visa

I don't agree that that will happen but if there is a slight waver in dominance for five years then it'll be worth it because foreign engineers are worth a 20th of each homegrown engineer.
We are a magnet for the best and brightest in the world. A pool of over 7 billion people. They leave their lives behind and come here because we have the best of the entire world. Kill the H1-B visa and those people stop coming here and will go somewhere else. And then that place will draw the best in the world, including from here in the U.S.

Like most shite Trump spouts, I'll wait and see what happens. I'm having a hard time swallowing the notion that the gummits gonna shit on apple and google.

We are a magnet for the best and brightest in the world. A pool of over 7 billion people. They leave their lives behind and come here because we have the best of the entire world. Kill the H1-B visa and those people stop coming here and will go somewhere else. And then that place will draw the best in the world, including from here in the U.S.
Only the best and brightest!
upload_2017-1-30_13-51-4.png

Like most shite Trump spouts, I'll wait and see what happens. I'm having a hard time swallowing the notion that the gummits gonna shit on apple and google.
How did Apple and Google treat Trump during the election?
Yeah, they are toast.

Bullshit; I've worked with hundreds of these Indian monkeys and they suck.
In fact, your statement is a reflection of Indian Nationalism because 99% of BVs hired by Tech Companies are Indians.
And it's all about cheap labor and Institutional Trading.

How terrible Americans will no longer be fired and replaced with a citizen of Pakistan.

“If implemented, the reforms could shift the way American companies like Microsoft Corp., Amazon.com Inc. and Apple Inc. recruit talent and force wholesale changes at Indian companies such as Infosys Ltd. and Wipro Ltd. Businesses would have to try to hire American first and if they recruit foreign workers, priority would be given to the most highly paid. . . . The foreign work visas were originally established to help U.S. companies recruit from abroad when they couldn’t find qualified local workers. In many cases, the companies are hiring for highly technical positions in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math, or STEM. But in recent years, there have been allegations the programs have been abused to bring in cheaper workers from overseas to fill jobs that otherwise may go to Americans.”

Do you or anyone else know of American tech workers that can't find a job? I know that I'm constantly getting job interview offers - it gets annoying.

I doubt that the tech industry will be affected by this at all. This would only be meaningful if there were a whole lot of American tech workers that couldn't find a job.

I guess that if this did cut off foreign workers, it would result in American tech workers getting much higher salaries - and American businesses would be screwed.
What exactly do you do and do you live in a border state?

I guess that if this did cut off foreign workers, it would result in American tech workers getting much higher salaries - and American businesses would be screwed.

Because Bill Gates can't survive if he's worth less than 85 billion.

Hahahaha....That means Silicon Valley will be a ghost town, you twit.

Looks like lots of Trump sheep are cool with Silicon Valley packing up and moving to Japan, or India, or China, or wherever

Hahahaha....That means Silicon Valley will be a ghost town, you twit.
It usually is after about 3 years into a bubble.
Over 99% of the Startups fail.
And I love how Liberals are actually admitting that H1-Bs are underpaid.

Looks like lots of Trump sheep are cool with Silicon Valley packing up and moving to Japan, or India, or China, or wherever
A crap load are already in India but if you move to India or China you have to give them a large chuck of your profits.
They won't go to Fair Trade Japan.

In fact, your statement is a reflection of Indian Nationalism because 99% of BVs hired by Tech Companies are Indians.
I wager that someone who calls people Indian monkeys isn't contributing much to our science and tech industries.

I wager that someone who calls people Indian monkeys isn't contributing much to our science and tech industries.
I wager that most Indians produce shitty code.
Ever notice why you have to update your Apps several times a week due to "Bug Fixes".
The monkeys can't get it right the first 1,000 times.

Forum List

Back