Leftist Condemns Catholic School For Barring Boys Wrestling Girls

Boys and girls are not equal in the term of physical strength... Boy, it's crazy to let them fight! Girls would be hurt physically, and boys may suffer psychologically (beaten by a girl or winning over an obviously weaker opponent).
The people who initiated this are not really adequate. Have they seen a doctor?

Why do we have to put up with liberals?

In today's society everyone is created equal, and males and females deserve the same opportunities.

According to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg and Bishop Ronald Gainer, that isn't the case. At least that is the perception.

WITF reported Tuesday that an automatic forfeit will result if a male from a Catholic school in the Harrisburg area is scheduled to wrestle a female. The report also stated that no matter what school the female is from, the male would have to take the loss.

In a news conference Tuesday evening, Gainer explained the doctrine.

"We would in our Catholic school try to teach and model respect between the two sexes and appropriate relationship," Gainer said. "This sort of physical contact seems to violate the moral standards.

"I would say it would be scripture. My only thought is it would be the appropriate respect between the sexes for one another. It may be our Catholic interpretation, but we would find it rooted in God's word."

This is archaic.

I'm trying to understand the moral side of this issue. You have high school girls and boys going through puberty — discovering their bodies and the feelings that go along with it — participating in a highly physical sport.​

are the priests mad because they cannot have the little boys to themselves?

Go Die in a fire.

Anyone even proposing that a girl should be permitted to participate in boys' wrestling is an idiot and should be removed from any position of responsibility that s/he holds. The proposal reflects a TOTAL IGNORANCE of biology and human sexuality, as well as Western culture.

Some ideas are so ridiculous that only an "intellectual" could take them seriously.

Exhibit A.

Forum List

Back