Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers

A Twitter thread read on air by Tucker Carlson ostensibly was about 2020 election media manipulation, but it reflects a broader awakening to institutional rot that is playing out state by state, school district by school district, and school by school. CRT is the cultural battle of our time.
10 Jul 2021 ~~ By William A. Jacobson
I don’t always get predictions correct, but back in 2017 I was spot on in predicting the situation we are in now, with the loss of almost every major institution to ideological exploitation from the left.
The occasion of that prediction was my annual anniversary post for that year, Legal Insurrection is 9 years old, and filled with dread:
Last year I noted that while it was a difficult year personally, I was optimistic. That’s been one of my roles over the years, keeping hope alive. But there’s no pep talk this year. Just dread….
Imagine living in a repressive country in which the government blocked access to and suppressed internet content. You don’t need to move. It’s coming here but from private industry. This is, in many ways, more dangerous than government suppression of free speech because at least in the U.S. the government is subject to the First Amendment, and can be voted out of office.
I don’t know if there are any uncorrupted institutions left that matter. The education system, from public grade school through public and private higher ed, is gone. The frontal assault on free speech on campuses is the result. If you think this is just a Humanities and Social Sciences problem, stay tuned. In 3-5 years, if we’re still here, we’ll be writing about how the social justice warriors have corrupted the STEM fields. It’s happening now, it’s just not in the headlines yet.
There is a rising tide of absolutism in ideas and enforcement of ideological uniformity that is palpable. I feel it in the air, even at Cornell which is far from the worst….
Even language as a means of communication is corrupted, with terminology manipulated and coerced to achieve political ends. It started on campuses, and it’s moved into the AP stylebook and the mainstream.
The press could stand as a bulwark against this slide, but it too is corrupted. The greatest threat to freedom of the press is not Donald Trump’s bloviating about FCC licenses (which has been a favorite threat traditionally of Democrats), but the mainstream press itself which has abdicated even the pretense of neutrality and joined #TheResistance….
So I’m thinking through what it will mean to live without institutions.
Heading quickly towards the list of corrupted institutions is much of K-12, and the military, which under Biden is starting to rot from the head.
~Snip~

~Snip~
In 2017, I was filled with dread. I wish I had been wrong.
Perhaps people have finally woken up, or perhaps better phrased, awakened up.
If the national teachers unions and the activists who now inhabit the Biden administration have their way, things are going to get much worse. Don’t let them win. The fight against CRT and its offshoots is the great cultural battle of our time, the politics will follow.

Comment:
As usual Prof Jacobson delivers a cogent and logical treatise, in this case CRT... Jacobson included the The Martyrmade Twitter thread that was powerful. I saw it yesterday afternoon and am amazed at how it has “gone viral”. It has hit a chord. I don’t know who Darryl Cooper is, but he is also onto something.
Cooper exposes the brainwashing in Public Leftist Seminaries that are our schools I worry will be the demise of the country.
Soon every school kid will be carting around a little red book denouncing adults to be racists or supremacists including their parents and demanding self confessions of racism from white people they corner.

You feel that CRT is going to be the demise of our country?!

Seriously man, something is wrong with you. Urine too deep. Go get some fresh air

You feel that CRT is going to be the demise of our country?

Seriously man, something is wrong with you. Urine too deep. Go get some fresh air

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Dont laugh off what happens when a country breaks down into irreparable factions fighting among themselves
That breakdown you speak of is not because of CRT. The war on CRT is a product of the hyperpoliticized partisan wing nuts. They (you included) sensationalize everything and demonize your opponents. Been doing it for decades but Trump poured gasoline all over it. The problem isn't CRT, its our inability to talk to each other and the utter dishonesty that our media, leaders and now citizens use to discuss political topics.

With all due respect Slade...the left isn't interested in talking to others about political topics...they want free rein to put forth their view of the world but have decided that any viewpoint that contradicts that view is somehow "dangerous" to the mental health and well being of students!

This is further proof you did not read the thread,

It seems your "stock" answers to anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with you, Swab is to accuse them of either being a pedophile or of not having read the thread! Kind of lazy on your part!

I've read the thread...I simply disagree with the left's premise that what they now want to teach our kids isn't propaganda. The truth is, liberals have taken over education and they're reluctant to cede control of education to anyone else. If todays students get bombarded with one side of an argument long enough...they won't even know that there is another side!

I just want somebody to point to anything specific about what they think is being taught that is propaganda... Can you do that?

I just did. According to CRT dogma...it was slavery that made the Americas break away from Great Britain.

That dude is the king of not having a clue about anything he tries and argue about. Sorry Johhnyboy, if you can’t back your shit up then you aren’t playing the game. No respect for anything you say when you play that way.
Do you deny that CRT has a Racist agenda.

That it teaches children that America is a Racist Nation and that ALL White Americans have White Privilege?

Do you deny that this is harmful for children?

That among other things is what is being alleged.

Let's try it this way.

How about you back up your on shit and prove those allegations are false and that thousands of parents across this Country are wrong about CRT.
I don't know much about CRT which is why I'm asking about it. I see people like you all up in a frenzy about it so I'm asking for specifics about what is actually being taught to kids in School and I'm getting no answers. It seems like you don't even know what you're actually mad about except for an excuse to attack "lefties"

Some people think it's simply teaching about the history of slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, civil rights, but it's not. It's teaching children that, depending what "group" you belong in, you're either an oppressor or a victimized. It's moralizing to a degree that teachers have no right to do, IMO. Children's identities are too fragile, for one. For another, it's simply not our job.

We SHOULD and we DO teach US history--including the parts that are tragic and regrettable. IMO children should take the hard questions about "what's happening now" home and interpret that though a familial lens. Again, that's just not my job.
Side notes beyond my previous question... I understand your stance on teaching history and facts but I also see elements of sociology and economics and criminal justice etc that are all part of that history, much of which has been omitted in past curriculums. There has been a historical ripple effect caused by the oppression of blacks and other minority groups, learning about that history and the effects it has had on our society is a part of our history and economy and society... I don't see that as moralizing.

I do think lines can get crossed with the inflammatory language like white privilege and systemic racism. There is a ton of different interpretations for what those terms mean... But that also makes the case to teach them and discuss them and come to a unified understand about what is meant when those terms are used. We can't hide from those terms and we can't hide from our history. IMO it is best to face them, discuss them, understand them, and be educated rather than to hide and ignore.

You are certainly not going to get close to that in elementary school, c'mon, or even middle school. You are not even appropriate to teach "white privilege" in high school. It's absolutely toxic and explosive to assign terms like that to race when you have all races in your classroom and again, YOU ARE NOT THOSE CHILDREN'S PARENTS.

If you want that handled, here's what you do. You send home information TO FAMILIES and say: we covered post-Civil War, Reconstruction topics today. At school we are not comfortable covering X Y or Z. For further home study, we recommend (whatever).

You realize, I hope, that a lot of my minority students' families do not want me telling their children that their families are not PRIVILEGED? You know that's not really my job, and they're not often ready for that information.
I agree when it comes to those terms... That is why I brought them up in my last post, they are inflammatory and politicized. I don't think they need to be taught to elementary/middle school kids. What is taught to kids in lower and upper school is empathy and inclusion and how to treat others in a respectful and appropriate and understanding way. So I think there is some cross over there.

I also think it's incredibly important to be sensitive to culture/family but mostly, to let kids lead--model this for the class when kids bring their world to you, if that makes sense. It's not MY job to teach the children what it's like to be XYZ in the world. But if they bring something of their world to the classroom, honoring that is about the most inclusive thing you can do. BTW, this is not new--or should not be! It's just basic respect.

I try to start every debate off that way... even with the trolls... but yes I am guilty of letting my decorum devolve
I am the same in both ways myself
I've seen your reasonable side and think you are capable of making good points. But sometimes you really piss me off. :) Now answer my damn question about the CRT curriculum... is it valid to teach in school if used in context to the first 100 years??
I think I have answered that already

Teaching an unbiased history of slavery and Jim Crow is ok

But that is quite different from CRT which is aimed at demonizing whites starting with the Pilgrims up to little johnny entering kindergarten in the fall
The demonizing whites element is political hyperbole. I haven't seen that yet in anything that the Theory or Schools have presented. The only text that you've posted is that britanica summary but you admit that it is an accurate depiction of how our institutions were originally set up. So is there another element that would make you object to CRT being taught in regards to early history? We can get into modern times later but I want to establish whether you think its valid in education for early history... If not then please explain why...
When teachers start telling their classes that the reason we broke away from England back in the 1700's was to perpetuate an economy based on slavery it's laughably incorrect. That isn't "history"...that's a political narrative with the goal of achieving a political goal!
Do you think that the laws and institutions that were created at the founding of our country perpetuated a racist society and discriminatory economy?
The laws and institutions that were created at the founding or our country were some of the LEAST racist and discriminatory of any country on the planet! Claiming they aren't is ridiculous! Look at what America was at that time compared to every other nation. We didn't become a symbol of opportunity because we were so racist and discriminatory...we became that because we were a place where people weren't held down by class.

Last edited:
Has America been racist in the past? Of course! Are we racist now? If you listened to the left you'd think Bull Connor was roaming the streets with dogs and fire hoses and men in white sheets are lynching blacks from every tree in sight! Yet somehow we just elected a black man to two terms as President? I'm sorry but America IS the land of opportunity for people of color! The opportunity is there...but people like George Floyd could care less.

I try to start every debate off that way... even with the trolls... but yes I am guilty of letting my decorum devolve
I am the same in both ways myself
I've seen your reasonable side and think you are capable of making good points. But sometimes you really piss me off. :) Now answer my damn question about the CRT curriculum... is it valid to teach in school if used in context to the first 100 years??
I think I have answered that already

Teaching an unbiased history of slavery and Jim Crow is ok

But that is quite different from CRT which is aimed at demonizing whites starting with the Pilgrims up to little johnny entering kindergarten in the fall
The demonizing whites element is political hyperbole. I haven't seen that yet in anything that the Theory or Schools have presented. The only text that you've posted is that britanica summary but you admit that it is an accurate depiction of how our institutions were originally set up. So is there another element that would make you object to CRT being taught in regards to early history? We can get into modern times later but I want to establish whether you think its valid in education for early history... If not then please explain why...
When teachers start telling their classes that the reason we broke away from England back in the 1700's was to perpetuate an economy based on slavery it's laughably incorrect. That isn't "history"...that's a political narrative with the goal of achieving a political goal!
Do you think that the laws and institutions that were created at the founding of our country perpetuated a racist society and discriminatory economy?
The laws and institutions that were created at the founding or our country were some of the LEAST racist and discriminatory of any country on the planet! Claiming they aren't is ridiculous! Look at what America was at that time compared to every other nation. We didn't become a symbol of opportunity because we were so racist and discriminatory...we became that because we were a place where people weren't held down by class.
This is an amazing statement... You know that slavery was legal and black people weren't even counted to have a full vote while women had no right to vote... This was our legal system and you think that is not racist or discriminatory?! That had no effect on how blacks and women fit in society?! Come on man. I don't care what anybody else was doing, that makes zero difference. We are talking about how our institutions effected our society and the people living within it throughout history. Please take another thought through this one and try again.

Has America been racist in the past? Of course! Are we racist now? If you listened to the left you'd think Bull Connor was roaming the streets with dogs and fire hoses and men in white sheets are lynching blacks from every tree in sight! Yet somehow we just elected a black man to two terms as President? I'm sorry but America IS the land of opportunity for people of color! The opportunity is there...but people like George Floyd could care less.
America can have the history and current position as the land of opportunity. It can be the most amazing country in the world and the best place for anybody to live, including blacks, women and minorities... It can also have flaws and ugliness, and mistakes both in our past and present. There is nothing wrong with recognizing those elements from our past and seeing how it effected our people. There is nothing wrong with recognizing the elements that exist to day and how it effects our people. We can always do better. We don't need to define everything by just that. As much as the partisans try its idiotic to define anything by absolutes. The Right wings are trying to ignore it all. The Left wings are trying to define everything by it... Like with most situations reality lies in the middle. Wake up

The only text that you've posted is that britanica summary but you admit that it is an accurate depiction of how our institutions were originally set up. So is there another element that would make you object to CRT being taught in regards to early history?
How many times are you going to ask me the same question?

I dont object to any historical fact being taught

But the left lies its ass off when it presents slavery as the direct or primary cause of black failure today

The only text that you've posted is that britanica summary but you admit that it is an accurate depiction of how our institutions were originally set up. So is there another element that would make you object to CRT being taught in regards to early history?
How many times are you going to ask me the same question?

I dont object to any historical fact being taught

But the left lies its ass off when it presents slavery as the direct or primary cause of black failure today
The left and right lie their asses off when it comes to politics. I'm asking the question over and over because I'm looking for a straight on topic answer not a evasive answer and pivot to attack the left.

Its seems like you you are find with CRT being taught in reference to our first 100 years. You've posted the theory from Britannia and acknowledged that it applies accurately to our past institutions. Thats good.

So now at what point to you think our institutions were rid of the elements that discriminated against blacks?

Any school board would laugh you out of the meeting.
School boards can be replaced one member at a time
Once again, your ignorance reappears. My school board contains 5 members and their terms are staggered by general election, so no single board member runs at a time. It is a minimum of two at a time.

Many of our board members have served for many years. They are not likely to be going anywhere.

When are you filing for your local school board office? .
Where I live we have successfully replaced two dingbats already. Now the SC is comprised of logical persons (mostly). One dingbat remains. It can be done and fairly efficiently.
So I take it you agree with Mac's idiotic plan?

Don't you live in lib land?
I do. However, we are standing up to the leftist dogma. And it is working. I am saying change is possible. Even in leftist land.
I asked two questions. You answered one, the second of the two, as best I can tell.

Do you support putting cameras in classrooms everywhere to allow parents to monitor the classroom at their whim?
I 100% absolutely do

Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers​

7 Jul 2021 ~~ By John Nolte
The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
Is there a good argument against this kind of accountability and transparency?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
Easy to see why Progressive Marxist/DSA Commies oppose this.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
If we demand body-cams for cops, why not cameras in the classroom?
Hahahaha, the party of small government, personal Liberty and freedom wants to put cameras in classrooms?! Are you shitting me?! What a bunch of unprincipled idiots
So you’re Ok with police officers having body cams but no cameras in classrooms? Typical Leftist hypocrisy
Yes absolutely... You're on the cameras in classrooms train too AZ?!

Wow, the breakdown of conservatives is amazing to watch
#1) I am not a conservative, I am just right of you because you're a deranged leftist.

#2) If our police officers are wearing cameras why should we not have cameras in the classroom? What is the downside?

No, they won't because you idea is simply going nowhere. If you were to propose this idea to my local school board, the howls of laughter would be epic.
Then you have a typical school board run by snobs who are out of touch with the public
Any school board would laugh you out of the meeting. You simply cannot see how ridiculous and unworkable your solution to a problem that does not exist truly is!
They may disagree but they will not laugh.
Yes, if Mac was presenting it, they would be rolling in the aisles.
I have learned that despite titles, people are just people. As I said, if police officers are wearing body cams, I see zero issue with cameras in the classroom. Kids may behave better too, knowing there are cameras. Win/Win IMO.
You are correct. People would probably behave better at work if they had cameras on them all the time and if all of their communications were monitored. Is that they way you'd want businesses to operate as well? Some already do, should we do that with all businesses?

How about roadways... We could camera those up and give auto tickets for all traffic violations. Miss a blinker, go over the speed limit, roll through a stop sign at 2am... Ticket. How does that sound?
Many roadways do have cameras. Businesses are private. Schools are public. Cameras 100%.

The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
Hahahaha, the party of small government, personal Liberty and freedom wants to put cameras in classrooms?! Are you shitting me?! What a bunch of unprincipled idiots
So you’re Ok with police officers having body cams but no cameras in classrooms? Typical Leftist hypocrisy

They want to make sure that students are pledging allegiance to trump every day.
Nope. I want to make sure that bullying doesn't occur and that kids are respectful to the teachers. But your TDS won't allow you think anything else.

lI'm asking the question over and over because I'm looking for a straight on topic answer not a evasive answer and pivot to attack the left.
The left deserves to be attacked when it engages in brainwashing young white children

You are deflecting by only talking about the past and refusing to discuss the present

No, they won't because you idea is simply going nowhere. If you were to propose this idea to my local school board, the howls of laughter would be epic.
Then you have a typical school board run by snobs who are out of touch with the public
Any school board would laugh you out of the meeting. You simply cannot see how ridiculous and unworkable your solution to a problem that does not exist truly is!
I have learned that despite titles, people are just people. As I said, if police officers are wearing body cams, I see zero issue with cameras in the classroom. Kids may behave better too, knowing there are cameras. Win/Win IMO.
You are correct. People would probably behave better at work if they had cameras on them all the time and if all of their communications were monitored. Is that they way you'd want businesses to operate as well? Some already do, should we do that with all businesses?

How about roadways... We could camera those up and give auto tickets for all traffic violations. Miss a blinker, go over the speed limit, roll through a stop sign at 2am... Ticket. How does that sound?
Many roadways do have cameras. Businesses are private. Schools are public. Cameras 100%.
The teachers object to cameras in the classroom because it cramps their style

Show us the part of CRT that demonizes whites....A quote would be nice.
Here is CRT being exposed as racist by a lib educators own words

Dude, why can't you just make an honest post?! I agree with everything that teacher said, I think most sane people would too. The interviewer was trying really hard to twist a narrative out of it, did you notice that. Trying to get him to say kids... thats besides the point though. This discussion wasn't anything from a cirriculum or even from CRT. It is about the language and messaging that extremists use. Every single hot political topic has examples of this on both sides. That doesn't mean that schools are teaching it or that the kooks accurately represent what the subject is about.

This happens from both sides. Its a cheap tactic to try and paint the whole from the extreme actions of a few.

That doesn't mean that schools are teaching it or that the kooks accurately represent what the subject is about.
It means that school was teaching it as the headmaster admitted privately to the teacher

But then denied saying it till the recording came out

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

#1) I am not a conservative, I am just right of you because you're a deranged leftist.

#2) If our police officers are wearing cameras why should we not have cameras in the classroom? What is the downside?
The downside would be the fact that it would blow up an already stagnant and bloated bureaucracy in the school system and flood already strained resources towards dealing with the drama of helicopter parents from both sides who object to something they see in class. It will make teaching a nightmare, take focus away from the students and education, and institutes a principle of big brother survellience on developing children which is not healthy. There are all kinds of horrible side effects that this would cause. You really don't see that?!

I'm fine with cams in day care for infants... I'm fine with steaming lectures for remote learning... I'm not fine with politicizing the schools more than they already are and opening the door for kooky helicopter parents to suck up even more school resources and attention.

Many roadways do but not in the way that I just laid out. Do you want things to go to the way I described? Not all businesses are private... many of the largest are public companies. Either way public or private could decide to do that to their employees, do you support that?

Forum List

Back