Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers

If you have been paying attention over the past couple years there is a loss of patience in the black community and those who sympathize with their plight
Actually its embarrassment over the fact that even after the civil right laws were passed poor blacks did not progress the way asians and other minorities did

The left needs a scape goat

and they have chosen alleged systemic white racism for their excuse
Perhaps there is some truth in what they are saying. Have you ever actually listened with an open mind?

Leftists Freak Out at the Thought of Cameras Exposing Fanatical CRT Teachers​

7 Jul 2021 ~~ By John Nolte
The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
Is there a good argument against this kind of accountability and transparency?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
Easy to see why Progressive Marxist/DSA Commies oppose this.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
If we demand body-cams for cops, why not cameras in the classroom?
Hahahaha, the party of small government, personal Liberty and freedom wants to put cameras in classrooms?! Are you shitting me?! What a bunch of unprincipled idiots
So you’re Ok with police officers having body cams but no cameras in classrooms? Typical Leftist hypocrisy
Yes absolutely... You're on the cameras in classrooms train too AZ?!

Wow, the breakdown of conservatives is amazing to watch
#1) I am not a conservative, I am just right of you because you're a deranged leftist.

#2) If our police officers are wearing cameras why should we not have cameras in the classroom? What is the downside?
The downside would be the fact that it would blow up an already stagnant and bloated bureaucracy in the school system and flood already strained resources towards dealing with the drama of helicopter parents from both sides who object to something they see in class. It will make teaching a nightmare, take focus away from the students and education, and institutes a principle of big brother survellience on developing children which is not healthy. There are all kinds of horrible side effects that this would cause. You really don't see that?!

I'm fine with cams in day care for infants... I'm fine with steaming lectures for remote learning... I'm not fine with politicizing the schools more than they already are and opening the door for kooky helicopter parents to suck up even more school resources and attention.
Very negative of you. Perhaps kids will behave better and teachers will be able to teach and get through to kids as there will be repercussions. Teachers no longer have to be law enforcement and get into he said she said arguments with parents as everything will be recorded. You really don't see that?!!? Do you have kids?

This isn't about politicizing. It is about making sure kids behave. My wife teaches. The biggest issue is misguided parents who believe the load of crap the kids tell them.

I could go for the security-type cameras, like we currently have in buses and in hallways now. If there is an issue, video can be retrieved and viewed. No problem there.

You might have read earlier there are HUGE student privacy concerns if you simply allow live video feeds into the classrooms indefinitely that all parents can access anytime. I can't see how that happens.
Students may cry me a river. They are in a public classroom. They don’t get privacy.

I get your perspective on this but think beyond discipline problems. Students need privacy from really creepy parents out there for one thing. They are not in the majority but they ARE out there. We have no small number of students on "no media" releases for various reasons, most commonly for non-custodial parents who would love to peep in on live feeds to see if kids are in school--or not.

Not to mention other privacy issues. Just the special education laws alone....
What if there was a special log in for approved parents and guardians to exclusively access only feeds of their children’s classrooms. Would you support it then?

There are many that attack CRT by pointing to the way our countries founding set up institutions that were inherently racist and then analyze the effects it had on black society, culture and development.
Lib teachers are telling children that our institutions are racist NOW

And that is a lie that does great harm to the children
I’ve been trying to get to the now for pages but you keep dancing around and avoiding a straight conversation. You’ve said our institutions were racist in the early days. At what point did that change and when did we get all our institutions cleaned up where they don’t discriminate at all against minorities?

I try to start every debate off that way... even with the trolls... but yes I am guilty of letting my decorum devolve
I am the same in both ways myself
I've seen your reasonable side and think you are capable of making good points. But sometimes you really piss me off. :) Now answer my damn question about the CRT curriculum... is it valid to teach in school if used in context to the first 100 years??
I think I have answered that already

Teaching an unbiased history of slavery and Jim Crow is ok

But that is quite different from CRT which is aimed at demonizing whites starting with the Pilgrims up to little johnny entering kindergarten in the fall
The demonizing whites element is political hyperbole. I haven't seen that yet in anything that the Theory or Schools have presented. The only text that you've posted is that britanica summary but you admit that it is an accurate depiction of how our institutions were originally set up. So is there another element that would make you object to CRT being taught in regards to early history? We can get into modern times later but I want to establish whether you think its valid in education for early history... If not then please explain why...
When teachers start telling their classes that the reason we broke away from England back in the 1700's was to perpetuate an economy based on slavery it's laughably incorrect. That isn't "history"...that's a political narrative with the goal of achieving a political goal!
Do you think that the laws and institutions that were created at the founding of our country perpetuated a racist society and discriminatory economy?
The laws and institutions that were created at the founding or our country were some of the LEAST racist and discriminatory of any country on the planet! Claiming they aren't is ridiculous! Look at what America was at that time compared to every other nation. We didn't become a symbol of opportunity because we were so racist and discriminatory...we became that because we were a place where people weren't held down by class.
This is an amazing statement... You know that slavery was legal and black people weren't even counted to have a full vote while women had no right to vote... This was our legal system and you think that is not racist or discriminatory?! That had no effect on how blacks and women fit in society?! Come on man. I don't care what anybody else was doing, that makes zero difference. We are talking about how our institutions effected our society and the people living within it throughout history. Please take another thought through this one and try again.
You don't care what anybody else was doing? You're a blinders wearing partisan then! Of course it matters what everybody else was doing! The truth is that we were far more progressive than most of the rest of the world! When you "teach" a history that doesn't take something like that into context then you're teaching a distorted truth!
No it doesn’t matter at all what anybody else was doing. That’s the dumbest argument I’ve heard today. If you and a bunch of friends are out causing trouble and your friends are all raping and murdering while you are stealing cars and breaking windows. Your crime isn’t as bad as theirs but you’re still committing crimes you’re still committing offenses and you’re still going to need to atone for those offenses. Try going to court and telling the judge that what you were doing was not as bad as what everybody else was doing therefore it’s not a big deal. See what kind of reaction you get
With all due respect...context means everything! If I'm stealing cars and everyone else is raping and murdering it's ridiculous to say that I'm as bad or worse than they are! Your own argument falls on it's face with even the most cursory of examinations!
You’re right, which is why I’m not saying we were as bad or worse than other countries. I’m saying that our institutions, laws and society were discriminatory and they impacted a large amount of people. Just because other countries were worse, doesn’t mean what we didn’t wasn’t wrong or worthy of critique
The fact that we were far better than most other countries means what then, Slade? I've never claimed that we weren't racist or discriminatory but what people need to understand is that in many ways America led the rest of the world OUT of racism and discrimination!
That’s fine, we can and should and have celebrated that perspective. But we have also ignored the damage that was done and there is nothing wrong with putting a light on that.

You may have helped save some of the victims that you’re friends were out there trying to murder but that doesn’t mean you should pay the people back and atone for the cars you stole and windows you broke
When you "put a light" on one perspective yet refuse to admit the context in which it took place you're not being honest, Slade! I'm not ignoring anything. I've said all along that there was racism and discrimination throughout the history of America. The thing that makes America stand out among so many other countries is how we evolved from that nation into one that elects a black man as President and revere black sports stars and celebrities.

What is the purpose of CRT? How does it make things better now? Does it improve the lives of blacks? Or does it simply sow division?
It sows division when people try so hard to ignore and deny realities of our history. You give quick acknowledgments that the things CRT puts a light on actually happened which is better than most… but then you quickly make excuses and want to go back to the whitewashed history that we grew up with. That’s fine for white and rich people but If you have been paying attention over the past couple years there is a loss of patience in the black community and those who sympathize with their plight
You didn't answer my questions, Slade! Is teaching CRT to a generation of young Americans going to improve the "plight" of blacks in urban America? How so?

I would make the argument that it's 60 plus years of having the left try to "fix" urban America that has led the black community in our cities to the plight they now find themselves in! Liberal policies haven't gotten rid of racism or poverty and God knows they haven't made life for blacks in urban wastelands any better! Perhaps we should spend time examining where we went wrong with THOSE things instead of wasting time further dividing the country with things like CRT!
This one is an issue of right and wrong… truth and delusion. We need to be honest in our discussions and have an accurate understanding of our nations history. That includes the efforts made by the Left that you feel contribute to the plight of minorities. That is the system doing harm and is roght in line with what I’m talking about. Let’s look at it all in an honest way

There are many that attack CRT by pointing to the way our countries founding set up institutions that were inherently racist and then analyze the effects it had on black society, culture and development.
Lib teachers are telling children that our institutions are racist NOW

And that is a lie that does great harm to the children
Liberal teachers are telling white children that they and their parents are racist...no matter what. THAT is what does great harm! And if you contest that...then you are automatically branded a racist for defending yourself against the charge of being a racist! It borders on farce!
Teachers are also molesting children… happens all the time. Same with priests… what’s your point? Unfortunately there are bad apples out there. But don’t conflate bad apples and kooks with the honest intentions and presentation of this material that would not accuse white children of being racist.

At a higher level I think it ok to explore the inherent bias that we are all born with. That’s an interesting topic but don’t distort CRT into something you may have heard a couple nutters say

Perhaps there is some truth in what they are saying. Have you ever actually listened with an open mind?
Some truth to this?

@@@@@@@@@

Critical race theorists hold that the law and legal institutions in the United States are inherently racist insofar as they function to create and maintain social, economic, and political inequalities between whites and nonwhites, especially African Americans.

@@@@@@@@@@

Absolutely none

So...a member of a private school is giving his opinion about an anti-racist curriculum....not noticing actual quotes from that curriculum,

just his opinion on what it does.........
His informed opinion as the headmaster of the school
And he isn’t talking about how the school is teaching it, he is talking about people in general who mess up the messaging. Happens on both sides with every subject when the wing nuts get involved

Some truth to this?

@@@@@@@@@

Critical race theorists hold that the law and legal institutions in the United States are inherently racist insofar as they function to create and maintain social, economic, and political inequalities between whites and nonwhites, especially African Americans.

@@@@@@@@@@

Absolutely none
You admitted that they were created that way and stood for at least 100 years as our country developed, right? You won’t answer my other question which asked when discrimination was all removed and cleaned out of our institutions. So is it really that far out there that some of it still exists?! I don’t think so

You admitted that they were created that way and stood for at least 100 years as our country developed, right? You won’t answer my other question which asked when discrimination was all removed and cleaned out of our institutions. So is it really that far out there that some of i
First of all I “admitted” nothing

What I did was agree with an obvious fact

Second, I cant tell you when America erased systemic racism from the law

But certainly it was sometime during the 60 years since the major civil rights laws were passed

The far-left HuffPost is freaking over Tucker Carlson’s suggestion that cameras be placed in public school classrooms.
“Tucker Carlson Goes Full ‘1984’ With ‘Cameras In The Classroom’ Proposal,” screams the left-wing outlet’s headline.
“The Fox News personality suggested police-style body cameras to check on what every teacher is telling their students,” the sub-headline reads.
“Carlson, in a rant reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel ‘1984,’” author Lee Moran bleats, “called the teaching that racism is at least partly systemic… a ‘civilization-ending poison’ and ‘B.S.’”
Before we go any further… I’ve read 1984 at least three times and am unfamiliar with anything Tucker said that is “reminiscent of something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]”
In fact, Tucker’s suggestion is the exact opposite of “something from George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel[.]” Tucker is suggesting we monitor the government. 1984 is about (among other things) the government monitoring private citizens. So Moran got his metaphor exactly wrong, which tells me he’s probably a product of government-run public schools.
Regardless, he huffs on, “He warned ‘we can’t really be sure’ how far it is being spread until ‘we finally get cameras in the classroom, as we put them on the chests of police officers.’”
What I found interesting about this piece is that other than screaming 1984!!!, no case or argument is made against the idea of cameras in government-run public school classrooms.
Is there one?
~Snip~
The real issue here is just how brazenly public school teachers have become when it comes to teaching our kids pretty much everything but what they need to know. Leftists are never happier than when they’ve insinuated themselves between parent and child. Too many schools can’t teach kids to read or write, but they are sure teaching them to hate their country and all about “demi-sexuality.”
Tucker’s smart to bring this up, to make it part of the national conversation. Teachers and their evil unions are going to have a hard time explaining why they oppose such a thing. They will be on defense, which is exactly where they belong.

Comment:
Cameras would certainly expose incompetence, along with indoctrination and its techniques, favoritism, laziness, CRT, anything BLM, gay rights, religion bashing, white guilt/privilege advancement, etc.
What have the teachers got to hide? We are in the age of Zoom and zero in-class learning. Stick a camera in the corner so those students who wish to work from home and via Zoom can. Oh, and you need to record the classes in case the student was out for some reason. All the better if the parents can review what is being taught in class.
Hahahaha, the party of small government, personal Liberty and freedom wants to put cameras in classrooms?! Are you shitting me?! What a bunch of unprincipled idiots
So you’re Ok with police officers having body cams but no cameras in classrooms? Typical Leftist hypocrisy

#1) I am not a conservative, I am just right of you because you're a deranged leftist.

#2) If our police officers are wearing cameras why should we not have cameras in the classroom? What is the downside?
The downside would be the fact that it would blow up an already stagnant and bloated bureaucracy in the school system and flood already strained resources towards dealing with the drama of helicopter parents from both sides who object to something they see in class. It will make teaching a nightmare, take focus away from the students and education, and institutes a principle of big brother survellience on developing children which is not healthy. There are all kinds of horrible side effects that this would cause. You really don't see that?!

I'm fine with cams in day care for infants... I'm fine with steaming lectures for remote learning... I'm not fine with politicizing the schools more than they already are and opening the door for kooky helicopter parents to suck up even more school resources and attention.
Very negative of you. Perhaps kids will behave better and teachers will be able to teach and get through to kids as there will be repercussions. Teachers no longer have to be law enforcement and get into he said she said arguments with parents as everything will be recorded. You really don't see that?!!? Do you have kids?

This isn't about politicizing. It is about making sure kids behave. My wife teaches. The biggest issue is misguided parents who believe the load of crap the kids tell them.

I could go for the security-type cameras, like we currently have in buses and in hallways now. If there is an issue, video can be retrieved and viewed. No problem there.

You might have read earlier there are HUGE student privacy concerns if you simply allow live video feeds into the classrooms indefinitely that all parents can access anytime. I can't see how that happens.
Students may cry me a river. They are in a public classroom. They don’t get privacy.

I get your perspective on this but think beyond discipline problems. Students need privacy from really creepy parents out there for one thing. They are not in the majority but they ARE out there. We have no small number of students on "no media" releases for various reasons, most commonly for non-custodial parents who would love to peep in on live feeds to see if kids are in school--or not.

What if there was a special log in for approved parents and guardians to exclusively access only feeds of their children’s classrooms. Would you support it then?
Absolutely. I want to protect the teachers and kids who want to learn.

Great, how about you start there and stop pushing idiotic ideas like live streaming classes
Getting rid of bad teachers is part of the unclogging process

As Admiral Rockwell Tory conceded, teachers no longer have control of their classrooms

Which is not all the teachers fault

But parents need to see with their own eyes how bad the situation is

Then we can tell the ACLU and teachers union to go to hell

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

There are numerous ways to get around access concerns. No one is suggesting an unrestricted livestream on YouTube, but you insist on talking as though they are, and as though that's the ONLY possible thing that could happen.

This is called an "all or nothing" fallacy, and it's a hallmark of someone who has no real basis for what they want.

Is there one?
~Snip~

Comment:

Have the cameras run without a live feed but if an issue occurs there is video proof. Win/win?

There are a lot of ways this can be handled, depending on the school in question, the parents' specific concerns, the privacy concerns involved . . . It could be done like police bodycam footage, where it's archived and made available when a specific question arises; it could be done as a password-protected video feed, with the passwords issued only to custodial parents; it could be done as a password-protected audio feed, so the custodial parent can listen to the lesson without seeing the classroom, and the video can be requested from archives if necessary; it could probably be arranged for the students' faces to be blurred out, if that's a major concern.

You admitted that they were created that way and stood for at least 100 years as our country developed, right? You won’t answer my other question which asked when discrimination was all removed and cleaned out of our institutions. So is it really that far out there that some of i
First of all I “admitted” nothing

What I did was agree with an obvious fact

Second, I cant tell you when America erased systemic racism from the law

But certainly it was sometime during the 60 years since the major civil rights laws were passed
It’s an obvious fact to some but I see people on here push back against it all the time.

Ok so now we are getting somewhere. You’re saying that our intitustions were set up and operationally racist and discriminatory from our countries inception until the 1960s when we passed civil rights laws. Mind you we didn’t have a Kumbaya United moment… Civil rights was and remains a very contentious thing. So I think you’d agree that it is fair to say that nearly 200 years of racist institutions doesn’t get cleaned up and rectified over night by the signing of laws… correct?

so now we are in the 60s and having a journey through implementing these changes…. You don’t think that qualifies or is even close to modern times?! There are certainly people still alive today who were here before the 1960s, so how in the world can you be so dismissive of this theory that seems to explain these obvious facts that you are acknowledging as truth?! You can’t even name a moment when all was rectified and we even saw with Trump a criminal justice reform bill that was touted as a racial equality initiative. Wake the hell up man. It happened then and is still happening now. Why are you so against discussing it, teaching it, understanding it, and improving it?!

If you are going to blame me for the inability of you and your comrades to learn and grow past your flaws, there can be no real discussion.

Or, to put it in words you'll be able to understand, it's not my fault if you people keep making the same mistakes.

Forum List

Back