Leftists Now Clamoring To Get Guns And Finding Out It's Not That Easy

Well, hey, let's take a survey: How many people reading this have had their homes invaded?

This woman did

I'm not saying that home invasions NEVER happen. I'm saying they are very rare. Have YOU had your home invaded? I guess not, since you gave someone else as an example.

If you own a home I bet you have it insured even though tornadoes and house fires are rare also

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Still waiting for someone to claim that they had their home invaded...

Yah, I knew a guy whose brother's neighbor's cousin........ what a way to start a story. The Internet just makes that kind of story faster.

To quote Spongebob: "I knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy's COUSIN..."

Well, hey, let's take a survey: How many people reading this have had their homes invaded?

This woman did

I'm not saying that home invasions NEVER happen. I'm saying they are very rare. Have YOU had your home invaded? I guess not, since you gave someone else as an example.

If you own a home I bet you have it insured even though tornadoes and house fires are rare also

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Still waiting for you to tell us why you have homeowners insurance.

Because you can prepare for some of the problems that life throws at you, but you can't prepare for ALL of them. The coronavirus, for example. I didn't have insurance for that.

No leftist should be allowed to possess a gun. Period!

Make that, no Democrat voter.
I've never owned a gun, nor have I wanted to. And yet, I have survived for nearly 70 years somehow. I did shoot a gun once, in about 1965. It wasn't that exciting.

That's great. But you benefit from the millions of gun owners out there. Burglars avoid homes with people in them because they just might get shot.
And your evidence for this novel claim is... ?

Here...

Lawyers Guns and Burglars

C. In Homes and on the Street
Rengert and Wasilchick's book about how burglars work reveals that fear of armed homeowners played a major role in determining burglary targets. Burglars reported that they avoided late-night burglaries because, "That's the way to get shot." [FN63] Some burglars said that they shun burglaries in [FN64]

The research by Rengert and Wasilchick...it is behind a paywall if you want to go through it...

From research to policy: Preventing residential burglary through a systems approach
The United Kingdom has gun ownership of 4.9 per 100 people, while the United States has a ratio of 120.5 per 100 people (more than one per person!). And yet, in the United Kingdom around 2 in 100 households per year were victims of domestic burglary, but there were over 4,500 home burglaries per day in the United States. The likelihood of someone breaking into YOUR house, though, is about 2 percent per year.
https://www.quora.com/How-likely-is...fense-a-valid-reason-to-have-a-loaded-firearm
Gun ownership - Wikipedia
Home Invasion Crime Statistics That Will Keep You Up at Night

Moron...there are more home invasions in Britain...than in the U.S......American criminals avoid homes with people in them for fear of getting shot....while British criminals don't have to worry about that...

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/nternational-Comparisons-of-Hot-Burglary-Rates_tbl1_5196898

Britain....Hot Burglaries.....43%

U.S.......9%....

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Still waiting for you to tell us why you have homeowners insurance.
Because you can prepare for some of the problems that life throws at you, but you can't prepare for ALL of them. The coronavirus, for example. I didn't have insurance for that.

I do have. I am 100% covered. And if we can get those idjits from maurading the stores I wouldn't even notice a thing happening. The only thing that changes for me is trying to find that pound of Hamburger and TP.

Well, this "leftist" (that's what I'm called by most Democrats and almost all Trump supporters anyway) doesn't have to rush out to buy a gun...

I've owned a rifle most of my life and have a carry license for my pistol. I don't appreciate idiotic comments like the one above. My father was a proud Rooseveltian Democrat who fought in WWII. He taught me that rightwingers who talk about -- or even just joke about -- disarming people they disagree with are usually either Klansmen, professional union busters, John Birchers, or just fools already taking the first steps on the long road to fascism.

Everyone has a legal right to bear arms under the Constitution, but reasonable regulation and registration and even restrictions, are entirely appropriate.

We have a veritable mountain of regulation and restrictions. Enough is enough. And you will NEVER get me to register my guns.
Well, that's comforting. I imagine that you refuse to register your guns because you're afraid that the big, bad government will come and take them away. Even though there's no evidence that that's going to happen. Even the supremely evil Obama didn't take away your guns. So what are you afraid of, really?

Well, this "leftist" (that's what I'm called by most Democrats and almost all Trump supporters anyway) doesn't have to rush out to buy a gun...

I've owned a rifle most of my life and have a carry license for my pistol. I don't appreciate idiotic comments like the one above. My father was a proud Rooseveltian Democrat who fought in WWII. He taught me that rightwingers who talk about -- or even just joke about -- disarming people they disagree with are usually either Klansmen, professional union busters, John Birchers, or just fools already taking the first steps on the long road to fascism.

Everyone has a legal right to bear arms under the Constitution, but reasonable regulation and registration and even restrictions, are entirely appropriate.

We have a veritable mountain of regulation and restrictions. Enough is enough. And you will NEVER get me to register my guns.
Well, that's comforting. I imagine that you refuse to register your guns because you're afraid that the big, bad government will come and take them away. Even though there's no evidence that that's going to happen. Even the supremely evil Obama didn't take away your guns. So what are you afraid of, really?

One would think after 8 years, maybe, just maybe, they weren't coming to take the guns. Well, people with at least average intelligence would anyway.

No one is requiring you to do so.

Slippery slope fallacies, fearmongering, demagoguery – the last refuge of one whose ‘argument’ has failed.

I've never owned a gun, nor have I wanted to. And yet, I have survived for nearly 70 years somehow. I did shoot a gun once, in about 1965. It wasn't that exciting.

That's great. But you benefit from the millions of gun owners out there. Burglars avoid homes with people in them because they just might get shot.

Here...

Rengert and Wasilchick's book about how burglars work reveals that fear of armed homeowners played a major role in determining burglary targets. Burglars reported that they avoided late-night burglaries because, "That's the way to get shot." [FN63] Some burglars said that they shun burglaries in [FN64]

The research by Rengert and Wasilchick...it is behind a paywall if you want to go through it...

From research to policy: Preventing residential burglary through a systems approach
The United Kingdom has gun ownership of 4.9 per 100 people, while the United States has a ratio of 120.5 per 100 people (more than one per person!). And yet, in the United Kingdom around 2 in 100 households per year were victims of domestic burglary, but there were over 4,500 home burglaries per day in the United States. The likelihood of someone breaking into YOUR house, though, is about 2 percent per year.
https://www.quora.com/How-likely-is...fense-a-valid-reason-to-have-a-loaded-firearm
Did you notice that the burglary rate in the United Kingdom and the United States were virtually the same? And yet, the U.S. has a gun ownership rate that's more than 20 times that of the U.K. So what does that tell you about gun ownership discouraging burglars?

Here...

Did you notice that the burglary rate in the United Kingdom and the United States were virtually the same? And yet, the U.S. has a gun ownership rate that's more than 20 times that of the U.K. So what does that tell you about gun ownership discouraging burglars?

Moron......Hot Burglaries...or home invasions....where they enter the home with the homeowner at home, happen more in the U.K....you doofus.........

Entering an unoccupied home isn't the issue....entering the home and torturing the people inside to have them give up their possessions...as happens in the U.K.....is why we have guns...

Look at the rate of home invasions between the U.S. and the U.K.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/nternational-Comparisons-of-Hot-Burglary-Rates_tbl1_5196898

Netherlands..... 48%

U.S......9%
-------------
1982-88....

Britain.... 43%

U.S. ( 1983)....12%
-----------

Britain...46%

U.S..... 20.5%

Here...

Nothing.....if the home owner isn't home.....because you have to be home with your gun to scare off a burglar...what do actual burglars say?

The most thorough study of burglary patterns was a St. Louis survey of 105 currently active burglars. [FN65] The authors observed, "One of the most serious risks faced by residential burglars is the possibility of being injured or killed by occupants of a target. Many of the offenders we spoke to reported that this was far and away their greatest fear." [FN66] Said one burglar: "I don't think about gettin' caught, I think about gettin' gunned down, shot or somethin'...'cause you get into some people's houses...quick as I come in there, boom, they hit you right there. That's what I think about."

Another burglar explained:

Hey, wouldn't you blow somebody away if someone broke into your house and you don't know them? You hear this noise and they come breakin' in the window tryin' to get into your house, they gon' want to kill you anyway. See, with the police, they gon' say, "Come out with your hands up and don't do nothing foolish!" Okay, you still alive, but you goin' to jail. But you alive. You sneak into somebody's house and they wait til you get in the house and then they shoot you.. . .See what I'm sayin'? You can't explain nothin' to nobody; you layin' down in there dead! [FN67]
In contrast, Missouri is one of only nine states which has no provision for citizens to be issued permits to carry handguns for protection. Thus, a [FN68] They found that "ome of the offenders who favored armed robbery over other crimes *355[FN69] As one armed robber put it: "My style is, like, don't have to be up in nobody's house in case they come in; they might have a pistol in the house or something." [FN70]

On the streets, many of the St. Louis robbers "routinely targeted law-abiding citizens," [FN71] who, unlike their counterparts in most American states, were certain not to be carrying a gun for protection. Law-abiding citizens were chosen as robbery victims because, as one robber noted, "You don't want to pick somebody dangerous; they might have a gun themselves." [FN72]

-------

In addition to the St. Louis study, the Wright-Rossi National Institute of Justice surveyed felony prisoners in eleven state prison systems on the impact of victim firearms on burglar behavior. [FN73] In that survey, seventy-four percent of the convicts who had committed a burglary or violent crime agreed, "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot." [FN74]

Here...

There is no evidence that guns act as a ‘deterrent’ to crime.

Citizens have the right to possess firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of law enforcement, not to ‘combat’ crime, and not to prevent ‘tyranny.’

Here...

Citizens have the right to possess firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of law enforcement, not to ‘combat’ crime, and not to prevent ‘tyranny.’

Wrong...dipshit.......

The most thorough study of burglary patterns was a St. Louis survey of 105 currently active burglars. [FN65] The authors observed, "One of the most serious risks faced by residential burglars is the possibility of being injured or killed by occupants of a target. Many of the offenders we spoke to reported that this was far and away their greatest fear." [FN66] Said one burglar: "I don't think about gettin' caught, I think about gettin' gunned down, shot or somethin'...'cause you get into some people's houses...quick as I come in there, boom, they hit you right there. That's what I think about."

Hey, wouldn't you blow somebody away if someone broke into your house and you don't know them? You hear this noise and they come breakin' in the window tryin' to get into your house, they gon' want to kill you anyway. See, with the police, they gon' say, "Come out with your hands up and don't do nothing foolish!" Okay, you still alive, but you goin' to jail. But you alive. You sneak into somebody's house and they wait til you get in the house and then they shoot you.. . .See what I'm sayin'? You can't explain nothin' to nobody; you layin' down in there dead! [FN67]
In contrast, Missouri is one of only nine states which has no provision for citizens to be issued permits to carry handguns for protection. Thus, a [FN68] They found that "ome of the offenders who favored armed robbery over other crimes *355[FN69] As one armed robber put it: "My style is, like, don't have to be up in nobody's house in case they come in; they might have a pistol in the house or something." [FN70]

On the streets, many of the St. Louis robbers "routinely targeted law-abiding citizens," [FN71] who, unlike their counterparts in most American states, were certain not to be carrying a gun for protection. Law-abiding citizens were chosen as robbery victims because, as one robber noted, "You don't want to pick somebody dangerous; they might have a gun themselves." [FN72]

In addition to the St. Louis study, the Wright-Rossi National Institute of Justice surveyed felony prisoners in eleven state prison systems on the impact of victim firearms on burglar behavior. [FN73] In that survey, seventy-four percent of the convicts who had committed a burglary or violent crime agreed, "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot." [FN74]

Here...

Wrong.....and this isn't even all of the supporting research...

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/Maltz.pdf

Right-to-Carry Concealed Weapon Laws and Homicide in Large U.S. Counties: The Effect on Weapon Types, Victim Characteristics, and Victim-Offender Relationships By DAVID E. OLSON AND MICHAEL D. MALTZ, Journal of Law and Economics, October 2001

Our results indicated that the direction of effect of the shall-issue law on total SHR homicide rates was similar to that obtained by Lott and Mustard, although the magnitude of the effect was somewhat smaller and was statistically significant at the 7 percent level. In our analysis, which included only counties with a 1977 population of 100,000 or more, laws allowing for concealed weapons were associated with a 6.52 percent reduction in total homicides (Table 2). By comparison, Lott and Mustard found the concealed weapon dummy variable to be associated with a 7.65 percent reduction in total homicides across all counties and a 9 percent reduction in homicides when only large counties (populations of 100,000 or more) were included.43
====

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/Plassmann_Whitley.pdf

COMMENTS

Confirming ìMore Guns, Less Crimeî Florenz Plassmann* & John Whitley**

CONCLUSION Analyzing county-level data for the entire United States from 1977 to 2000, we find annual reductions in murder rates between 1.5% and 2.3% for each additional year that a right-to-carry law is in effect.

For the first five years that such a law is in effect, the total benefit from reduced crimes usually ranges between about $2 and $3 billion per year.

The results are very similar to earlier estimates using county-level data from 1977 to 1996. We appreciate the continuing effort that Ayres and Donohue have made in discussing the impact of right-to-carry laws on crime rates. Yet we believe that both the new evidence provided by them as well as our new results show consistently that right-to-carry laws reduce crime and save lives. Unfortunately, a few simple mistakes lead Ayres and Donohue to incorrectly claim that crime rates significantly increase after right-to-carry laws are initially adopted and to misinterpret the significance of their own estimates that examined the year-to-year impact of the law.

====

http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content...An-Exercise-in-Replication.proof_.revised.pdf

~ The Impact of Right-to-Carry Laws on Crime: An Exercise in Replication1

Carlisle E. Moody College of William and Mary - Department of Economics, Virginia 23187, U.S.A. E-mail: [email protected] Thomas B. Marvell Justec Research, Virginia 23185, U.S.A. Paul R. Zimmerman U.S. Federal Trade Commission - Bureau of Economics, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Fasil Alemante College of William and Mary, Virginia 23187, U.S.A.

Abstract: In an article published in 2011, Aneja, Donohue and Zhang found that shall-issue or right-to-carry (RTC) concealed weapons laws have no effect on any crime except for a positive effect on assault.

This paper reports a replication of their basic findings and some corresponding robustness checks, which reveal a serious omitted variable problem.

Once corrected for omitted variables, the most robust result, confirmed using both county and state data, is that RTC laws significantly reduce murder.

====
An examination of the effects of concealed weapons laws and assault weapons bans on state-level murder rates
Mark Gius

Abstract

The purpose of the present study is to determine the effects of state-level assault weapons bans and concealed weapons laws on state-level murder rates.

Using data for the period 1980 to 2009 and controlling for state and year fixed effects, the results of the present study suggest that states with restrictions on the carrying of concealed weapons had higher gun-related murder rates than other states.

It was also found that assault weapons bans did not significantly affect murder rates at the state level. These results suggest that restrictive concealed weapons laws may cause an increase in gun-related murders at the state level. The results of this study are consistent with some prior research in this area, most notably Lott and Mustard (1997).

===

“The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws” by Carlisle e. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, volume 5, number 3, September 2008 It is also available here..

Summary and Conclusion

Many articles have been published finding that shall-issue laws reduce crime. Only one article, by Ayres and Donohue who employ a model that combines a dummy variable with a post-law trend, claims to find that shall-issue laws increase crime.

However, the only way that they can produce the result that shall-issue laws increase crime is to confine the span of analysis to five years

. We show, using their own estimates, that if they had extended their analysis by one more year, they would have concluded that these laws reduce crime.

Since most states with shallissue laws have had these laws on the books for more than five years, and the law will presumably remain on the books for some time, the only relevant analysis extends beyond five years. We extend their analysis by adding three more years of data, control for the effects of crack cocaine, control for dynamic effects, and correct the standard errors for clustering.

We find that there is an initial increase in crime due to passage of the shall-issue law that is dwarfed over time by the decrease in crime associated with the post-law trend.

These results are very similar to those of Ayres and Donohue, properly interpreted.

The modified Ayres and Donohue model finds that shall-issue laws significantly reduce murder and burglary across all the adopting states. These laws appear to significantly increase assault, and have no net effect on rape, robbery, larceny, or auto theft. However, in the long run only the trend coefficients matter. We estimate a net benefit of $450 million per year as a result of the passage of these laws. We also estimate that, up through 2000, there was a cumulative overall net benefit of these laws of $28 billion since their passage. We think that there is credible statistical evidence that these laws lower the costs of crime. But at the very least, the present study should neutralize any “more guns, more crime” thinking based on Ayres and Donohue’s work in the Stanford Law Review

Taking apart ayre and donahue one....

“The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws” by Carlisle e. Moody and Thomas B. Marvell, published in Econ Journal Watch, volume 5, number 3, September 2008 It is also available here..

Abstract
“Shall-issue” laws require authorities to issue concealed-weapons permits to anyone who applies, unless the applicant has a criminal record or a history of mental illness. A large number of studies indicate that shall-issue laws reduce crime. Only one study, an influential paper in the Stanford Law Review (2003) by Ian Ayres and John J. Donohue iii, implies that these laws lead to an increase in crime. We apply an improved version of the Ayres and Donohue method to a more extensive data set. Our analysis, as well as Ayres and Donohue’s when projected beyond a five-year span, indicates that shall-issue laws decrease crime and the costs of crime. Purists in statistical analysis object with some cause to some of methods employed both by Ayres and Donohue and by us. But our paper upgrades Ayres and Donohue, so, until the next study comes along, our paper should neutralize Ayres and Donohue’s “more guns, more crime” conclusion.

Summary and Conclusion Many articles have been published finding that shall-issue laws reduce crime. Only one article, by Ayres and Donohue who employ a model that combines a dummy variable with a post-law trend, claims to find that shall-issue laws increase crime. However, the only way that they can produce the result that shall-issue laws increase crime is to confine the span of analysis to five years. We show, using their own estimates, that if they had extended their analysis by one more year, they would have concluded that these laws reduce crime. Since most states with shallissue laws have had these laws on the books for more than five years, and the law will presumably remain on the books for some time, the only relevant analysis extends beyond five years. We extend their analysis by adding three more years of data, control for the effects of crack cocaine, control for dynamic effects, and correct the standard errors for clustering. We find that there is an initial increase in crime due to passage of the shall-issue law that is dwarfed over time by the decrease in crime associated with the post-law trend. These results are very similar to those of Ayres and Donohue, properly interpreted. The modified Ayres and Donohue model finds that shall-issue laws significantly reduce murder and burglary across all the adopting states. These laws appear to significantly increase assault, and have no net effect on rape, robbery, larceny, or auto theft. However, in the long run only the trend coefficients matter. We estimate a net benefit of $450 million per year as a result of the passage of these laws. We also estimate that, up through 2000, there was a cumulative overall net benefit of these laws of $28 billion since their passage. We think that there is credible statistical evidence that these laws lower the costs of crime. But at the very least, the present study should neutralize any “more guns, more crime” thinking based on Ayres and Donohue’s work in the Stanford Law Review. We acknowledge that, especially in light of the methodological issues of the literature in general, the magnitudes derived from our analysis of crime statistics and the supposed costs of crime might be dwarfed by other considerations in judging the policy issue. Some might contend that allowing individuals to carry a concealed weapon is a moral or cultural bad. Others might contend that greater liberty is a moral or cultural good. All we are confident in saying is that the evidence, such as it is, seems to support the hypothesis that the shall-issue law is generally beneficial with respect to its overall long run effect on crime.

The Debate on Shall-Issue Laws · Econ Journal Watch : shall-issue, crime, handguns, concealed weapons

Here...

Moron...there are more home invasions in Britain...than in the U.S......American criminals avoid homes with people in them for fear of getting shot....while British criminals don't have to worry about that...

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts."

U.S.......9%....
Hmmm. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, a liberal, is the one who said, "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." But I guess that no longer applies. People nowadays have their own facts, regardless of the truth. So-called "hot" burglaries, which occur when someone enters a home while people are there (usually asleep, I assume) apparently do happen more often in the U.K. than in the U.S. I'm not going to research the subject right this moment, but I would guess that those kinds of burglaries are comparatively rare. And if you're asleep when they come in, what good will a gun do you?

Here...

U.S.......9%....
Hmmm. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, a liberal, is the one who said, "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." But I guess that no longer applies. People nowadays have their own facts, regardless of the truth. So-called "hot" burglaries, which occur when someone enters a home while people are there (usually asleep, I assume) apparently do happen more often in the U.K. than in the U.S. I'm not going to research the subject right this moment, but I would guess that those kinds of burglaries are comparatively rare. And if you're asleep when they come in, what good will a gun do you?

Again...you missed it.....

-----------
In addition to the St. Louis study, the Wright-Rossi National Institute of Justice surveyed felony prisoners in eleven state prison systems on the impact of victim firearms on burglar behavior. [FN73]

In that survey, seventy-four percent of the convicts who had committed a burglary or violent crime agreed, "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot." [FN74]

Here...

U.S.......9%....

This is what British criminals do...since the victims don't have guns and the police aren't around....

Wealthy retired couple tortured by burglars who forced wife to walk on broken glass in £20,000 raid

wealthy couple were tortured by "Swat team" burglars who forced the wife to walk on broken glass before breaking one of her toes with a sledgehammer while stealing £20,000 of gold and jewels.

Professional burglars John McCarthy, 35, and Richard Leslie, 37, were branded "every householder's worst nightmare" after playing leading roles in the gang that terrorised the vulnerable pensioners for four hours during a night-time raid.

--------

During their ordeal, the couple, aged in their 70s, were bound with tape, beaten, threatened and locked in a utility room.

The burglars hit the 77-year-old man with a chair and forced his 75-year-old wife to walk barefoot on glass, having discarded her slippers.

One of the burglars threatened to cut off the wife's fingers and ear with a pair of shears if gold, cash and Rolex watches were not produced.

She also needed extensive dental treatment because of the beating to her face. Her husband was stuck with pins "many times" to extort more valuables, the court heard.

During the attack, one of the armed intruders boasted: "This is what we do for a living."

They made off with Chinese ornaments in 24 carat gold, jewellery, silver commemorative coins featuring Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher, gold bars, a custom-made Seiko watch as well as thousands of pounds and Hong Kong dollars in cash.
============

An Englishman's home is his dungeon

Various reassuring types, from police spokesmen to the Economist, described the stabbing of the Moncktons as a "burglary gone wrong". If only more burglaries could go right, they imply, this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

But the trouble is that this kind of burglary - the kind most likely to go "wrong" - is now the norm in Britain. In America, it's called a "hot" burglary - a burglary that takes place when the homeowners are present - or a "home invasion", which is a much more accurate term. Just over 10 per cent of US burglaries are "hot" burglaries, and in my part of the world it's statistically insignificant: there is virtually zero chance of a New Hampshire home being broken into while the family are present. But in England and Wales it's more than 50 per cent and climbing. Which is hardly surprising given the police's petty, well-publicised pursuit of those citizens who have the impertinence to resist criminals.

These days, even as he or she is being clobbered, the more thoughtful British subject is usually keeping an eye (the one that hasn't been poked out) on potential liability. Four years ago, Shirley Best, proprietor of the Rolander Fashion emporium, whose clients include Zara Phillips, was ironing some clothes when the proverbial two youths showed up. They pressed the hot iron into her flesh, burning her badly, and then stole her watch. "I was frightened to defend myself," said Miss Best. "I thought if I did anything I would be arrested." There speaks the modern British crime victim.

Waterboarded by a gang of robbers in her £7m home: Masked intruders torture grandmother, 73, for three hours to make her open a safe | Daily Mail Online

That led to a terrifying three-hour ordeal in which the attackers used waterboarding – a form of torture in which the victim is made to feel they are about to be drowned.

The men took underwear from Mrs Jansen’s bedroom and forced it into her mouth before dragging her into the en-suite bathroom. They pulled her head back over the bath and covered her face with a towel they kept flooded with water from the shower head.

‘They did this to me three times but I just couldn’t open the safe,’ she said. ‘I kept telling them it was empty but they didn’t believe me.’

Mrs Jansen, who lives on a private estate in Weybridge, Surrey, told the Mail: ‘I was absolutely terrified, I thought they were going to kill me.

‘They asked me if I had any grandchildren, I told them I had ten and they said “We are going to kill you, do you think your grandchildren will miss you?”

‘I was consumed by fear. It was sheer hell and all I can remember is praying.’

Her six-bedroomed house had been broken into several weeks before the attack last Friday and Surrey Police believe the raiders had located the two safes at that point.

Here...

U.S.......9%....

And this....from 2010

Burglary victims attacked in their own home once every 30 minutes | Daily Mail Online

A householder is attacked by a violent burglar every 30 minutes.

The shocking statistic exposes for the first time the epidemic of terrifying intruder confrontations taking place in Britain.
------

But with householders suffering violence on 23,000 occasions last year, campaigners say the case for a change to the law is growing ever stronger.
--------

According to the BCS, householders came face-to-face with burglars in 20 per cent of domestic burglaries last year. That translates one every ten minutes.

-------

Of the burglaries in which the victim came face-to-face with the intruder, violence was either used or threatened in 59 per cent of crimes.

I never asked you to. Once again, you gunnutters are trying to spread the hate to keep the fires burning. But it does bring into question your sanity in owning those weapons though so be careful.

Was I talking to you, tard?

No one is requiring you to do so.

Slippery slope fallacies, fearmongering, demagoguery – the last refuge of one whose ‘argument’ has failed.

Oh look, the hypocrite is back.

"First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home."

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online - Omaha Outdoors

---------------------

I never tire of proving these anti-gun idiots wrong.

In addition to the St. Louis study, the Wright-Rossi National Institute of Justice surveyed felony prisoners in eleven state prison systems on the impact of victim firearms on burglar behavior. [FN73]

In that survey, seventy-four percent of the convicts who had committed a burglary or violent crime agreed, "One reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot." [FN74]

Forum List

Back