Leftists Now Clamoring To Get Guns And Finding Out It's Not That Easy

"And More Guns don't make fewer criminals or deter crimes at all. "

This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. Every single time a firearm is used in justifiable self defense, a crime is deterred you retard.

"Common Sense Gun Regs are designed to do just that."

WE. ALREADY. HAVE. THEM. YOU. IGNORANT. FUCK.

Yah, all those guns that people had in that Texas Walmart really helped didn't it. It took the cops to end the slaughter. And don't tell me that there were no personal sidearms there. It's Texas.

Good guys with guns cannot possibly be everywhere at all times, dingus. But go on, make some more inane arguments. Maybe next you can blame firemen for not being immediately on the scene of every fire.

"It took the cops to end the slaughter."

So, other guys with guns? IMAGINE MY SHOCK!!

Way to stick your foot in your mouth, genius. :rolleyes:

It was a Texas Walmart. About 1 in 4 where armed. And yet, the only thought these armed "Good Guys" had was to flee.

Even if that were true, so what?

I carry a firearm to protect me and mine. I am under no obligation to save your stupid ass. Carry your own fucking gun, brainlet.

The "Good Guy" defense is bogus. What good does it to have more guns on the street if the ones that have them are incapable of using them effectively. They are more a danger to the innocents around them than to the "Bad Guy". I'll say it again, I am not against citizens being armed but they should go through the CCW training first.

You don't know what you are talking about...

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

BREAKING: Man Opens Fire At Oklahoma Walmart, Confronted By Armed Citizen, Report Says

Two people were killed at a Walmart in Oklahoma by a man who opened fire in the parking lot on Monday before turning the weapon on himself after an armed citizen confronted him.
------

The assailant, who has not yet been identified, shot and killed a man and a woman in the parking lot and when he was “confronted by an armed citizen, he then turned the gun on himself,” The Daily Mail reported.

Yah, all those guns that people had in that Texas Walmart really helped didn't it. It took the cops to end the slaughter. And don't tell me that there were no personal sidearms there. It's Texas.

Good guys with guns cannot possibly be everywhere at all times, dingus. But go on, make some more inane arguments. Maybe next you can blame firemen for not being immediately on the scene of every fire.

It was a Texas Walmart. About 1 in 4 where armed. And yet, the only thought these armed "Good Guys" had was to flee.

I carry a firearm to protect me and mine. I am under no obligation to save your stupid ass. Carry your own fucking gun, brainlet.
I don't want you anywhere near me with a gun, thank you. Stay far, far away.

Well guess what, cupcake - what you want is irrelevant. I can carry a gun wherever the law permits it. If that happens to be next to you in the checkout aisle, tough shit.
That's a great argument against our current gun laws.

"And More Guns don't make fewer criminals or deter crimes at all. "

This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. Every single time a firearm is used in justifiable self defense, a crime is deterred you retard.

"Common Sense Gun Regs are designed to do just that."

WE. ALREADY. HAVE. THEM. YOU. IGNORANT. FUCK.

The "Good Guy" defense is bogus. What good does it to have more guns on the street if the ones that have them are incapable of using them effectively. They are more a danger to the innocents around them than to the "Bad Guy". I'll say it again, I am not against citizens being armed but they should go through the CCW training first.

Yet innocent victims of "good guys with guns" are practically unheard of. Gee...

I think bruce is harmless

and as long as he can convince the home invaders to wait till the cops arrive I dont suppose he really needs a gun
Well, hey, let's take a survey: How many people reading this have had their homes invaded? Hundreds, probably. So let's hear from all of you!
Well, hey, let's take a survey: How many people reading this have had their homes invaded?

This woman did

I'm not saying that home invasions NEVER happen. I'm saying they are very rare. Have YOU had your home invaded? I guess not, since you gave someone else as an example.

If you own a home I bet you have it insured even though tornadoes and house fires are rare also

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Still waiting for someone to claim that they had their home invaded...

I don't want you anywhere near me with a gun, thank you. Stay far, far away.

Well guess what, cupcake - what you want is irrelevant. I can carry a gun wherever the law permits it. If that happens to be next to you in the checkout aisle, tough shit.
That's a great argument against our current gun laws.

Good luck.

Well, hey, let's take a survey: How many people reading this have had their homes invaded? Hundreds, probably. So let's hear from all of you!
Well, hey, let's take a survey: How many people reading this have had their homes invaded?

This woman did

I'm not saying that home invasions NEVER happen. I'm saying they are very rare. Have YOU had your home invaded? I guess not, since you gave someone else as an example.

If you own a home I bet you have it insured even though tornadoes and house fires are rare also

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Yah, I knew a guy whose brother's neighbor's cousin........ what a way to start a story. The Internet just makes that kind of story faster.

This woman did

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Still waiting for you to tell us why you have homeowners insurance.

This woman did

BOOM goes the dynamite!

I defanged your argument in post #154

here it is again if you missed it

No leftist should be allowed to possess a gun. Period!
Make that, no Democrat voter.

Well, this "leftist" (that's what I'm called by most Democrats and almost all Trump supporters anyway) doesn't have to rush out to buy a gun...

I've owned a rifle most of my life and have a carry license for my pistol. I don't appreciate idiotic comments like the one above. My father was a proud Rooseveltian Democrat who fought in WWII. He taught me that rightwingers who talk about -- or even just joke about -- disarming people they disagree with are usually either Klansmen, professional union busters, John Birchers, or just fools already taking the first steps on the long road to fascism.

Everyone has a legal right to bear arms under the Constitution, but reasonable regulation and registration and even restrictions, are entirely appropriate.

We have a veritable mountain of regulation and restrictions. Enough is enough. And you will NEVER get me to register my guns.

"First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home."

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online - Omaha Outdoors

---------------------

I never tire of proving these anti-gun idiots wrong.

I've never owned a gun, nor have I wanted to. And yet, I have survived for nearly 70 years somehow. I did shoot a gun once, in about 1965. It wasn't that exciting.
Its ok with me if you choose to not own a gun

just keep your hands off my civil right to self defense
Your civil right to self defense ends at my right to live.

Not if you're attacking me.
Right. Never bring a can of whupass to a gun fight.

This woman did

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Yah, I knew a guy whose brother's neighbor's cousin........ what a way to start a story. The Internet just makes that kind of story faster.

You and bruce are still alive so according to lib logic your fear of guns is unfounded

UBCs are perfectly appropriate, warranted, and Constitutional – in no manner violating the Second Amendment, placing no undue burden on the right to possess firearms.

UBCs will help keep guns out of the hands of prohibited persons; no one firearm regulatory measure is a ‘panacea’ for all gun crime and violence – including UBCs, and no one is presenting them as such.

But UBCs will serve to reduce gun crime and violence.

Rush told them that there is already a federal law prohibiting private sale of firearms, therefore, the debate is settled.
There is a law against operating as a gun dealer without a license

Thats why 3 individuals at a gun show in Ft Worth were arrested last week

But a private sale between two people should not be criminalized

So, If I sell my Mosan Nagant high powered rifle to the guy down the street who uses it to kill his whole family, and bought it from me, because I don't require a background check that would have revealed that he was under a legal restraining order for threatening his wife's life, I should not be held partially responsible....
I dont know about you but I dont associate with murderers, drug dealers rapists or thieves

...therefore, these people never bypass background check laws with evil intentions by buying from a private individual...

No, actually, they don't go to private sellers because they are afraid they might be undercover police.....you doofus...

Study Finds That Chicago Criminals Get Guns From Friends, Family

A survey conducted by researchers from Duke University and the University of Chicago found that Chicago criminals obtained their firearms almost exclusively from friends and family.

The survey, funded by the Joyce Foundation and set to be published in the October edition of Preventive Medicine, consisted of interviews with 99 inmates at Chicago’s Cook County Jail who had illegally possessed a gun within six months of their incarceration. It found that most criminals only acquired guns from people they knew and trusted.

"It is rare for offenders to buy from licensed dealers, and also rare for them to steal their guns," the study says. "Rather, the predominant sources of guns to offenders are family, acquaintances, fellow gang members—which is to say, members of their social network."

The study found that due to fears of encountering undercover police officers attempting sting operations, a large majority of the criminals surveyed would only make illegal gun purchases from people they knew.

"In discussing the underground gun market in their neighborhoods, most respondents emphasized the importance of connections—prior relationships that could create sufficient trust to reassure the seller that the transaction would not create an unacceptable legal risk," the survey says. "A majority of the primary guns (40 of the 48 for which we have detailed information on the source) were obtained from family, fellow gang members, or other social connections; the fraction is still higher for secondary guns."

"Only 2 of the 70 primary guns (3%) and no secondary guns were reported as purchased directly from a gun store."

Think about what you typed in the second sentence. That is the only part of your response that makes any sense. There have always been Criminals and always will be Criminals. And More Guns don't make fewer criminals or deter crimes at all. In fact, all studies state that more or less guns have absolutely no change in that. But what it does change is making the average American safer even if from him or herself. Common Sense Gun Regs are designed to do just that. They are not designed for the hardened criminal, they are designed for the average person and the person who "May" decide to do a felonious act out of anger, mental disability or pressure. You want to control the Criminal, good F###ing luck with that.

Sure, by the NRA argument, more guns make for a safer America. What is confusing is that there are more guns per person in America than any other country, and it is the one country that one is most likely to be killed by a firearm.:dunno:
If an honest citizen owns more guns only criminals are less safe

if you want gun crimes to go down put gang bangers in jail and throw away the key

Every murderer who ever lived was once a law abiding citizen.
But every gun owner is not a future murderer

..but every murderer was once a law abiding citizen, including the asshole in Vegas who killed over 60 innocent random people, with an arsenal that was so far beyond the pale of what anyone needs for self defense, that there was absolutely no rational justification of his being allowed to own it.

Wrong....again....

The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies.

Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

Think about what you typed in the second sentence. That is the only part of your response that makes any sense. There have always been Criminals and always will be Criminals. And More Guns don't make fewer criminals or deter crimes at all. In fact, all studies state that more or less guns have absolutely no change in that. But what it does change is making the average American safer even if from him or herself. Common Sense Gun Regs are designed to do just that. They are not designed for the hardened criminal, they are designed for the average person and the person who "May" decide to do a felonious act out of anger, mental disability or pressure. You want to control the Criminal, good F###ing luck with that.

Sure, by the NRA argument, more guns make for a safer America. What is confusing is that there are more guns per person in America than any other country, and it is the one country that one is most likely to be killed by a firearm.:dunno:
If an honest citizen owns more guns only criminals are less safe

if you want gun crimes to go down put gang bangers in jail and throw away the key

Every murderer who ever lived was once a law abiding citizen.
But every gun owner is not a future murderer

..but every murderer was once a law abiding citizen, including the asshole in Vegas who killed over 60 innocent random people, with an arsenal that was so far beyond the pale of what anyone needs for self defense, that there was absolutely no rational justification of his being allowed to own it.

And he used 2 of those guns in the attack...you moron.....so how many guns he owned had no bearing on the attack...you doofus.

Well, this "leftist" (that's what I'm called by most Democrats and almost all Trump supporters anyway) doesn't have to rush out to buy a gun...

I've owned a rifle most of my life and have a carry license for my pistol. I don't appreciate idiotic comments like the one above. My father was a proud Rooseveltian Democrat who fought in WWII. He taught me that rightwingers who talk about -- or even just joke about -- disarming people they disagree with are usually either Klansmen, professional union busters, John Birchers, or just fools already taking the first steps on the long road to fascism.

Everyone has a legal right to bear arms under the Constitution, but reasonable regulation and registration and even restrictions, are entirely appropriate.

We have a veritable mountain of regulation and restrictions. Enough is enough. And you will NEVER get me to register my guns.

I never asked you to. Once again, you gunnutters are trying to spread the hate to keep the fires burning. But it does bring into question your sanity in owning those weapons though so be careful.

"First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home."

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online - Omaha Outdoors

---------------------

I've never owned a gun, nor have I wanted to. And yet, I have survived for nearly 70 years somehow. I did shoot a gun once, in about 1965. It wasn't that exciting.
Its ok with me if you choose to not own a gun

just keep your hands off my civil right to self defense
Your civil right to self defense ends at my right to live.

Which is why he have laws about murder...with guns.......with knives......with clubs.....

We already have laws about using guns in an illegal manner........

---------------------

What makes you think that the people clamoring to buy guns are anti-gun? Or leftists? Where does it say any of that in the article?

"many from California" - does that sound like right wingers to you? You don't think pro-gun California folks already own guns and know damn well they can't buy them online and have them shipped to their door?

Think, McFly.
Do you actually think that EVERYONE in California is a liberal? I guess you've never been to Orange County. But I guess that your point is that the coronavirus pandemic has made all the bleeding heart liberals realize that now they need guns in order to fight off covid-19, huh?

Quit pretending like California isn't completely lopsided towards the left. And no, cupcake, the bleeding heart liberals didn't realize they need guns to fight off a virus. They realized they need guns for the potential riots, robberies, and assaults that come with civil unrest.
And who's going to be causing that civil unrest? My guess is guys like you.

More likely democrats....the last large scale riots in this country were by democrats in democrat party controlled cities.....

---------------------

That's great. But you benefit from the millions of gun owners out there. Burglars avoid homes with people in them because they just might get shot.
And your evidence for this novel claim is... ?

Here...

Lawyers Guns and Burglars

C. In Homes and on the Street
Rengert and Wasilchick's book about how burglars work reveals that fear of armed homeowners played a major role in determining burglary targets. Burglars reported that they avoided late-night burglaries because, "That's the way to get shot." [FN63] Some burglars said that they shun burglaries in [FN64]

The research by Rengert and Wasilchick...it is behind a paywall if you want to go through it...

From research to policy: Preventing residential burglary through a systems approach
The United Kingdom has gun ownership of 4.9 per 100 people, while the United States has a ratio of 120.5 per 100 people (more than one per person!). And yet, in the United Kingdom around 2 in 100 households per year were victims of domestic burglary, but there were over 4,500 home burglaries per day in the United States. The likelihood of someone breaking into YOUR house, though, is about 2 percent per year.
https://www.quora.com/How-likely-is...fense-a-valid-reason-to-have-a-loaded-firearm
Gun ownership - Wikipedia
Home Invasion Crime Statistics That Will Keep You Up at Night

klansmen were democrats you doofus.....and the democrats passed laws to keep Freed Blacks from owning guns...so they could abuse them at will....

BOOM goes the dynamite!

You and bruce are still alive so according to lib logic your fear of guns is unfounded

Are you absolutely sure I have a fear of guns? Does that mean you feel confident enough to enter my home unannounced to do some form of crime? Do I own a gun or don't I? I'll never tell. I guess you need to come find out for yourself.

Forum List

Back