Leftists: Please explain to me how democracy is in jeopardy

NFBW: I can explain it to you if you are willing to read a lot and engage in a dialogue with an open, facts-oriented reality having respect for human’s ability to be reasonable and first and foremost with a scientific mind rather than a religion oriented mind.

First we must go back to 2015 when White Evangelical Trumpism was founded in 2015 when the MESSIAH rode down the Golden Escalator at Trump Tower according to the following posters from that era:

Steve_McGarrett 161021-#1 “God's children are awakened. They know the 'Holy Emperor of the White Race' is ready to take office and make America great again. They are the silent majority that will make it happen”​
The following exchanges are in Thread: “Unborn Child” September 2016
yiostheoy 160917-#1 “Back in 1974 the singing duo of Seals & Crofts released an album of songs including "Unborn Child" of which the title song was written by Jim Seals and Lana Bogan was a powerfully emotional appeal against abortion. These are the lyrics:​
"Oh little baby, you'll never cry, nor will you hear a sweet lullaby;​
Oh unborn child, if you only knew, just what your momma was planning to do;​
You're still a-clinging to the three of life, but soon you'll be cut off, before you get ripe;​
Oh unborn child, beginning to grow, inside your momma, but you'll never know;​
Oh tiny bud, that grows in the womb, only to be crushed, before you can bloom;​
Momma stop! Turn around! Go back! Think it over! ... ."​
In Philosophy any emotional argument is purely a fallacy which eludes logical thinking and rational analysis.​
In Science which is the philosophy of the physical, natural world, data must first be gathered and analyzed before a logical conclusion can be inferred through inductive reasoning.​
In Religion which is the doctrinal dogmatic pronouncement of an authoritarian council or leader pertaining to what Aristotle called "metaphysics" (meaning beyond physics), anything goes. Emotional arguments are prized and very common in religion.​
With 2016 being a national election year, we have not heard a lot about the hot button issue of abortion so far. Perhaps this is because both major candidates, Hillary and Trump, have both already gone on the record that they are personally pro choice.​
As for analyzing the issue of abortion itself, you must first decide which forum you intend to study it from and pronounce your sentence upon it in accordance with -- whether that be philosophical, or scientific, or religious, or Constitutional, or political. Each of these forums (fora in Latin) is completely different.​
Ergo if you desire to analyze the topic philosophically you must choose a criterion such as the greater good to weigh the pro- and anti- arguments with. Is the greater good benefitted or hurt by abortion? Most likely according to this criterion the greater good is benefitted by abortion.​
yiostheoy 160917-#1 “Scientifically there are no data (note that data is a plural word, and datum is the singular) which tell us either way if an unborn fetus is a conscious living being or not. From science we draw a blank.”​
From religion if you are Catholic or one of its derivative Christian offshoots, abortion has been pronounced by the Pope and other religious leadership as anathema. The Pope is presumably Christ's representative on Earth, unless you are anti-Catholic in which case he is Lucifer's.​
Constitutionally the Burger Court in 1973 decided in Roe v. Wade in a 7 to 2 decision that women (not men) had an inherent right to choose whether to abort a pregnancy or not. White and Rehnquist were the dissenters, with Burger and the other justices concurring, who favored Ms. Roe.​
I suppose any time that there is a dissent on the SCOTUS it means the case could have gone either way. A 7 to 2 decision suggests the overwhelming majority of the court agreed however. Today if the decision were rendered it would be closer to 4 to 4 at the moment most likely.​
Politically this is and always has been a hot button issue. There are emotional arguments on both sides which tend to lend sway to either point of view.​
My personal view is that no one should tell someone else what to do.​
Of course if someday we establish contact with a prenatal fetus and he/she tells us please don't murder her/him, we might all change our minds about extending Constitutional rights to fetuses (feti in Latin).​
In the meantime there will always be those on the far left and the far right who will argue emotionally (not logically nor scientifically nor philosophically) that their own view, whether pro- or anti- abortion, should be forced upon the rest of the Nation. Q.E.D. “​
<V> C_Clayton_Jones CCG161015-#17 “Nonsense. Everyone is opposed to abortion, everyone wishes to see the practice end. That’s not the source of the conflict. The source of the conflict concerns how to indeed bring about the end of the practice, where there are those who seek to ‘ban’ abortion in violation of the 14th Amendment and the right to privacy, and those who seek to end the practice consistent with the Constitution and its case law. And defending the privacy rights of women, where the state cannot compel a woman to give birth against her will, is not to ‘force’ anything on anyone. “​
<V> Unkotare 161015-#18 Wrong​
<V> CCG161015-#21 “No, this is wrong. The conflict is solely how to end the practice – where in fact most on the right and social conservatives have no desire to bring an end to abortion, but to the keep this wedge/hot button issue alive and well for some perceived partisan gain. Most on the right refuse to join others to find an actual, viable solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law.​
<V> Unkotare 161015-#23 “Obviously wrong. If you want to soothe your justifiably guilty conscience, stop serving death.”​
NFBW: Tell me Ray From Cleveland do you agree with Unkotare that every American is “serving death” who believes the same way the following poster (who is voting for Republicans to take control of Congress this cycle in favor of keeping our federal government “divided) believes?

PapaG221024-#397 “I am a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, I have stated it many times and I am against abortion, it is a wrong decision and women should be told tne mental and physical aspects so they can make an informed decision, but I can’t decide what other people do with their lives, that is between them and their god.”
NFBW: If you are willing to engage constructively on the questions you raised Ray From Cleveland, please respond accordingly leaving your firearms at the door.

END2211060836

That was a five minutes of my time I'll never get back to read a bunch of bullshit that didn't address the OP. I don't know (or care) what Unkotare said which is why he's been on my iggy list for nearly a year now.

How many in any of those 65+ failed court complaints, court actually looked at the evidence and said that there is no fraud?

Zero.

None of them, because the courts don't want to get mixed up in elections unless there is a constitutional question involved. The only reason they got mixed up in the Bush/ Gore race is because the Florida Supreme court was practicing judicial legislation, and the Supreme court wanted to know WTF they were doing. Other than that, courts don't get involved in elections.

Nothing in my response had anything to do with what he said. It had everything to do with what they were DOING.

If a governor like Kari Lake refuses to certify the electors, she can take the vote away from the people. If a state legislature decides they can vote and replace our electors with their, they can take the vote away from the people.

This is how Republicans are a threat to our democracy.

And Democrats can't do the same? It's how our election system was setup by our founders, but nobody practices that. The electors vote based on the vote of the people.

Therefore if you consider that a threat to our democracy, it's by our system, not the Republican party or Trump. In other words, it's a complete lie.

And Democrats can't do the same? It's how our election system was setup by our founders, but nobody practices that. The electors vote based on the vote of the people.

Therefore if you consider that a threat to our democracy, it's by our system, not the Republican party or Trump. In other words, it's a complete lie.
Democrats aren’t doing the same. They haven’t. They won’t.

I mean, we voted in 2020 but since Trump didn’t win in a few states (Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan etc) he wanted those legislatures to tell the people they voted wrong and appoint their own electors. I’m the Trump world, we get to vote but only if the Republicans allow us.

That’s not democracy and it’s not what our founders intended. It’s concerning that you’re so nonchalant about it. I think I know why.

Democrats aren’t doing the same. They haven’t. They won’t.

I mean, we voted in 2020 but since Trump didn’t win in a few states (Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan etc) he wanted those legislatures to tell the people they voted wrong and appoint their own electors. I’m the Trump world, we get to vote but only if the Republicans allow us.

That’s not democracy and it’s not what our founders intended. It’s concerning that you’re so nonchalant about it. I think I know why.

So how many Governors did that? Making up fantasy stories is not a threat to democracy. It wasn't 50 years ago, 100 years ago, and it's not today.

So how many Governors did that? Making up fantasy stories is not a threat to democracy. It wasn't 50 years ago, 100 years ago, and it's not today.
No governors did that, but Kari Lake said she would have and is very possibly going to be governor of Arizona.

It’s not a fantasy story. She says it openly.

The one that so obviously had the election stolen from him.
Nah, you’re just a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.

You guys only accept the outcome of our elections when your side wins. And then you guys wonder why people think you’re against democracy.

No governors did that, but Kari Lake said she would have and is very possibly going to be governor of Arizona.

It’s not a fantasy story. She says it openly.

Don't be naive. She's trying to win an election. Words are free.

That was a five minutes of my time I'll never get back to read a bunch of bullshit that didn't address the OP. I don't know (or care) what Unkotare said which is why he's been on my iggy list for nearly a year now.

NFBW: Do you want me to answer or not?

Ray From Cleveland 221104-#1 “Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican”

American Democracy is threatened by White Evangelical Trumpism and the faith based escape from reality it takes to believe in it.

NFBW221106-#178 First we must go back to 2015 when White Evangelical Trumpism was founded in 2015 when the MESSIAH rode down the Golden Escalator at Trump Tower

You won’t accept there is a threat to democracy Ray From Cleveland if you cannot accept that the Republican Party has no political force in the voting booth without white evangelical Christian nationalists supporting Trump and the Evangelical Trumpism that was established in 2015 between white evangelical leaders and Donald J Trump.

Do you agree Ray From Cleveland from that the Republican Party cannot win much of any elections without the full enthusiasm and support from its white Christian base of voters?

END2211061655

Ray From Cleveland 221104-#1 “Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican”

American Democracy is threatened by White Evangelical Trumpism and the faith based escape from reality it takes to believe in it.

NFBW221106-#178 First we must go back to 2015 when White Evangelical Trumpism was founded in 2015 when the MESSIAH rode down the Golden Escalator at Trump Tower

You won’t accept there is a threat to democracy Ray From Cleveland if you cannot accept that the Republican Party has no political force in the voting booth without white evangelical Christian nationalists supporting Trump and the Evangelical Trumpism that was established in 2015 between white evangelical leaders and Donald J Trump.

Do you agree Ray From Cleveland from that the Republican Party cannot win much of any elections without the full enthusiasm and support from its white Christian base of voters?

END2211061655

No I don't, just like the Communists can't win an election without the enviro-kooks. It still doesn't answer my question. Do you really believe that rounding up your groups of followers to vote is a threat to democracy? Really??????

END2211061655
Look at you defending the rich old white Christian installed in the White House .

Forum List

Back