🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lefty Remedial Education 103; What a Freaking Assault Weapon Actually Is

Is the AR 15 a good deer gun?
Is an AR 15 a good gun for home defense?
How effective is an AR 15 at very close range? As good as a baseball bat?
Why has the AR 15 been one of the favorite guns of those who choose to commit mass murder?
Why bother to call the AR 15 an assault rifle? All guns can be used for defense, and to assault, wound and kill.

It seems to me that a hand gun and a shotgun are effective tools for home defense, of course in my opinion, a dog is the best early warning system, and the sound of a barking of a dog is likely all the protection one may need to obviate the need to use a gun.
We should all listen to the Vice President and fire a shotgun through our front door when someone is knocking on it at night. I mean, he's a democrat and he should know all about safety.
As far as home defences,s shotgun is my choice.
The people all freaked out over Ar15 a pump shot gun let alone a semi auto shot gun with double aught buck shot is just as lethal as an Ar15.
In close quarters,like a bar, you could get with high probability a hand full of victims with each shot.
This idea that banning 1 gun model,will somehow offer more security,your just wrong.

It is a mind cringing fact to realize that our Republics loudest voices on the gun issue are such idiotic ignoramuses that they dont know what the hell an assault rifle is.

It is even worse when their supposed opposition party gives in and uses the same erroneous bullshit terms inaccurately as the Gun Grabbing Nazis do.

So here is a little article to help the goose stepping leftwing idiots to get their shit straight.

Not that facts have ever slowed them down at all.

What Is an 'Assault Weapon?' - Breitbart

What is an “assault weapon?”
Is it a gun that shoots a certain round? Say a .223 or a 5.56? Or is a gun that has a flashlight on it? What about a laser or an aftermarket grip, or a heat shield, or flash hider?

Does the term “assault weapon” only apply to black guns? Or can an “assault weapon” be white or green or red or brown or camouflage? Can it be pink?

Does an “assault weapon” use magazines or does it use what Sen. Tim Kaine called “ammunition clips?” After all, President Obama recently described the Glock handgun Omar Mateen carried in Pulse Orlando as a gun that “had a lot of clips in it.”

Is a clip like a bullet or do Kaine and Obama simply not understand firearm basics?

Here’s the point: “assault weapons” is a made up term that applies to whatever best serves Democrats who are pushing gun control at any given time. After all, the New York Times reports that the term “assault weapons” is a “myth” Democrats created in the 1990s.

And according to the NYT, the “myth” came into play when the Democrats — who were eager to find a scapegoat for escalating crime in the early 1990s — created a “politically defined category of guns” they could then demonize and ban. They subsequently achieved an “assault weapons” ban in 1994, and it lasted until 2004. And when today’s Democrats appeal to that ban as one that should be re-instituted, they prove they understand little about it.

For starters, the 1994 did not ban “assault weapons.” Rather, it banned cosmetic features that Democrats consider part and parcel to “assault weapons.”

To put it another way, the 1994 ban did not ban AR-15s in general. Rather, it banned flash hiders, certain fore stocks and grips, collapsible and folding rear stocks, “high capacity” magazines, etc. It banned things that made the gun look like the scary guns Democrats think about when they think about an “assault weapon.” But it did nothing to change or ban the actual gun.

The author of the above article is correct that the term "Assault weapon" is a made up term, but "assault rifle" has been around since WW2 and was used exclusively for rifles capable of firing small arms ammo in full auto mode, i.e. what most libtards would call a "machine gun".

That was an assault rifle, but todays AR-15 is not an assault rifle, but merely a lower cost rifle that uses cheap and easily available military components.

If you have ever priced Walnut wood stocks and compared them to the cost of plastic stocks you would understand why the military wanted the cheaper plastic, and the color was black to suppress light reflection, a bad thing on the battlefield.

So I hope this helps you libtards out there to understand that not every rifle that has those mean ole military kind of looking components makes them an "assault weapon". Calling them such only makes you look stupid, as if that were even needed.
Quibbling over the definition doesn't mean "libtards" don't know what they want. Semiautomatics and removable magazines are not necessary in American civilians' closets. They are designed solely to fire more bullets faster and to someone intent on mayhem and murder, that is a very handy device indeed. Worked well in Orlando, and in Newtown, Colorado x2 . Etc. Etc. There is no justification for them. If you need 30 rounds to kill that buck, you need to go back to the target range, friend. Quibbling over what is defined as an "assault weapon" does not in the least mean libtards don't know what they want or what they are talking about.

How many times do you need to be told the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting?

...The law dictionary defines weapon as, "Anything used or designed to be used in destroying, defeating, or injuring an enemy; an instrument of offensive or defensive combat. Furthermore, it defines dangerous weapon as, "An instrument which, when used in the ordinary manner contemplated by its design and construction, will, or is likely to, cause death or great bodily harm"
Like a knife, tire iron or baseball bat?

Anything used or designed to be used in destroying, defeating, or injuring an enemy

well that would exclude the ar-15 because it is a civilian sporting rifle

So you wouldn't use it to defend yourself, your home or to fight a tyrannical govt?

sure but that is not what is designed to do it is not a combat weapon

my 22 single shot would fall into that category if used defensively

i get so tired of you anti gun nuts

how is the elimination of DUE PROCESS going for you guys these days

Why has the AR 15 been one of the favorite guns of those who choose to commit mass murder?
Why bother to call the AR 15 an assault rifle? All guns can be used for defense, and to assault, wound and kill.

It seems to me that a hand gun and a shotgun are effective tools for home defense, of course in my opinion, a dog is the best early warning system, and the sound of a barking of a dog is likely all the protection one may need to obviate the need to use a gun.
We should all listen to the Vice President and fire a shotgun through our front door when someone is knocking on it at night. I mean, he's a democrat and he should know all about safety.
The people all freaked out over Ar15 a pump shot gun let alone a semi auto shot gun with double aught buck shot is just as lethal as an Ar15.
In close quarters,like a bar, you could get with high probability a hand full of victims with each shot.
This idea that banning 1 gun model,will somehow offer more security,your just wrong.
That is true, and is at the root of the whole hysteria. If you want to ban the deadliest weapons, you don't just ban black, scary looking guns.

LMAO. You gun nutters with all your vast knowledge of guns and ammo, and after spending countless hours and days on here, you fuckers are STILL trying to figure out what an assault rifle IS.

Fucking amazing.

The AR15 is still the number one choice of weapons with which to "assault" school rooms, movie theaters and night clubs.

Hope that helps you idiots.

So you're saying anything can be an assault weapon....

yup exactly

semi auto shot gun with double aught buck shot is just as lethal as an Ar15.

perhaps more lethal

As far as home defense, a shotgun is my choice.

A shotgun has less chance of causing collateral damage. An untrained civilian, panicked by an intruder and shooting a gun with high velocity can easily go through a window or a home's siding and end up in a neighbor's head, the same civilian is more likely to hit the intended target with a shotgun too.

That is true, and is at the root of the whole hysteria. If you want to ban the deadliest weapons, you don't just ban black, scary looking guns.

If you want to ban the deadliest weapons, you don't just ban black, scary looking guns.

that is the end goal

perhaps more lethal

"more lethal"? As in deader than dead

A shotgun has less chance of causing collateral damage. An untrained civilian, panicked by an intruder and shooting a gun with high velocity can easily go through a window or a home's siding and end up in a neighbor's head, the same civilian is more likely to hit the intended target with a shotgun too.

it is good to know that my 870 when fired will not go through a window

thanks for the heads up

--LOL

perhaps more lethal

ok fucktard less survivable

why are the anti gun nuts so ignorant about firearms

why
It is much like European football proponents arguing that American football is a stupid sport. They don't bother to learn anything about the game, they just reject it out of hand. It all boils down to emotion.

perhaps more lethal

So you got nothing but gibberish,keep on the losing track.Evertime the gun crazies start their crying,you get your collective ass handed to.Both in the voting booth,and life in general.

And when the Nut Jobs or Terrorists switch from "Assault Guns - Weapons" to IEDs or Car Bombs then what?

You know "Improvised" explosive device. Y'all progressives love formal education. I-M-P-R-O-V-I-S-E-D is just that. IEDs are also some of the cheapest, most terrorizing, and effective weapons ever created. Ask yourself, if I ban guns that look mean with large magazines will I now be safer?

Think Orlando with an IED or Car Bomb? Go ahead because when you are in charge it's all Sunshine, Rainbows, and Lolly-Pops.

Not really.
You're thinking of the hollywood version of the shotgun.
At the distance you'd be shooting the spread isnt much bigger than your fist.

I don't have an "anti gun agenda", I support gun control which does not = being anti gun. However, that is too difficult a concept for some on this issue, who play the slippery slope card and believe any form of gun control will result in the confiscation of all guns from the civilian population.
Yes, I've heard/read that before, but when asking "gun control" advocates to detail what they want they scatter like cockroaches. Care to fill me in on your non-anti-gun, pro-gun control agenda?...or will you be scattering?

And when the Nut Jobs or Terrorists switch from "Assault Guns - Weapons" to IEDs or Car Bombs then what?

You know "Improvised" explosive device. Y'all progressives love formal education. I-M-P-R-O-V-I-S-E-D is just that. IEDs are also some of the cheapest, most terrorizing, and effective weapons ever created. Ask yourself, if I ban guns that look mean with large magazines will I now be safer?

Think Orlando with an IED or Car Bomb? Go ahead because when you are in charge it's all Sunshine, Rainbows, and Lolly-Pops.

IEDs worked well in Boston. Will anti-gun liberals be banning pressure cookers next?

I like a 12 gauge pump myself, but also like the option of an AK-47 with a 30-rd magazine full of JHPs.

Why do you seek to deny me this option? Do you not recognize the bad precedent of limiting Constitutional options simply because of what one person might do?

We're not talking about the limit of Free Speech on the yelling "fire" in a movie theater idea. We're talking about making people talk in a whisper because someone might yell "fire" in a movie theater.

Factor in the reasons the Founders thought an armed citizenry was a good idea versus the "modern liberal" idea of Federal domination over the citizenry and I don't trust your agenda.

That's your opinion.

The law dictionary defines weapon as, "Anything used or designed to be used in destroying, defeating, or injuring an enemy; an instrument of offensive or defensive combat. Furthermore, it defines dangerous weapon as, "An instrument which, when used in the ordinary manner contemplated by its design and construction, will, or is likely to, cause death or great bodily harm"

Then, by that definition, everything in the world is a weapon. Every chair. Every bottle. Every motor vehicle. For those of us who take our self-defense seriously there are very few things go in the world that cannot be used to defend ourselves or attack an opponent with if necessary.

Forum List

Back