Legalization of Marijuana

banning or outlawing a popular substance or culture only drives it underground. Keeping it legal or in the open allows better observation and control.
...and TAXATION.

Weed is cheap.

If made legal to sell, industrious growers would roll and package like cigarettes. Competition would keep the price low...the government could add $30 tax per pack and rake in millions of dollars.

Where are the potheads going to get the money to buy this expensive shit?
What?

Dude... one plant... ONE average plant... Can get you like 2 grand right now. A fuck'n plant. If it becomes legal you'll get people who... You know... Grow the stuff on a large scale and prices drop like a rock.

Of all the things people can be free to do or must be controlled about, it is absurd for there to be any debate about the inoffensive herb.

In what ways is pot worse then alcohol?

In what way is the war on drugs different then prohibition?

Do you think it is harder for high school kids to get pot or alcohol?

Just some simple questions.
Criminalizing Sativa, hemp and their(two entirely different plants) byproducts has created one of the largest industries in murka. It's not near as large as the production of shit specifically designed to maim and kill humans but still very, very large.

banning or outlawing a popular substance or culture only drives it underground. Keeping it legal or in the open allows better observation and control.
...and TAXATION.

Weed is cheap.

If made legal to sell, industrious growers would roll and package like cigarettes. Competition would keep the price low...the government could add $30 tax per pack and rake in millions of dollars.

Buy?????

20101023-232522-pic-746218852_t607.jpg

318.gif

Last edited:
...and TAXATION.

Weed is cheap.

What?

Dude... one plant... ONE average plant... Can get you like 2 grand right now. A fuck'n plant. If it becomes legal you'll get people who... You know... Grow the stuff on a large scale and prices drop like a rock.

So asaratis was blowing smoke when he made this statement.

Last edited:
In what ways is pot worse then alcohol?

In what way is the war on drugs different then prohibition?

Do you think it is harder for high school kids to get pot or alcohol?

Just some simple questions.

"The DEA has a long history of shadowy activities in Mexico and the rest of Latin America. While the controversial agency’s activities over the course of nearly 40 years have had no effect whatsoever on the use or supply of drugs, they have had a destructive effect on Mexico and other parts of the region. The DEA also has been implicated in the recent killings of four innocent civilians in Honduras. Meanwhile, its director, Michele Leonhart, has squandered limited federal resources targeting legal state medical marijuana providers, driving legal consumers back to the underground market that finances organized crime. Leonhart also famously equated the harms of heroin with those of marijuana – a substance that is actually less harmful than alcohol.
eusa_doh.gif

“As a former federal border agent, I can attest to the fact that DEA’s criminalization approach to drug control not only doesn’t work, but creates so many more problems said Richard Newton, a speaker for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition and a retired, El Paso-based drug interdiction pilot with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “If we replaced the failed drug war with legalized regulation, it would deal a bigger financial blow to the cartels than any law enforcement crackdown ever could

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

...and TAXATION.

Weed is cheap.

What?

I'd love to see your source on that.

Listen, it's just like how we can legally brew our own beer and wine; sure, it's possible but, for MOST people, it's easier to buy a homogenized product from the store. Not every pothead is going to be growing the shit you see in High Times magazine and I assure you that some average female ditch weed in someone's garden isn't going to achieve the premium that a product will become. I can make pretty good beer at home but I can't make a store-bought guiness as easily as I can buy it.

2k for one average plant? uh huh..

Can you believe it? The government is doubling down on tobacco use and the doobie heads want to legalize marijuana which is not only unhealthy but makes you too crazy to drive a car or operate machinery. The dirty little secret is that the former hippies have gone capitalist and see a big profit is selling drugs to kids.

What?

I plead the fifth. But Clicky

Listen, it's just like how we can legally brew our own beer and wine; sure, it's possible but, for MOST people, it's easier to buy a homogenized product from the store. Not every pothead is going to be growing the shit you see in High Times magazine and I assure you that some average female ditch weed in someone's garden isn't going to achieve the premium that a product will become. I can make pretty good beer at home but I can't make a store-bought guiness as easily as I can buy it.
*blink*blink*

Right... Chances are someone that is a farmer will grow lots of it and do it in a way that is best marketable.

Again... The price would drop like a rock if they actually had farmers growing it.

Can you believe it? The government is doubling down on tobacco use and the doobie heads want to legalize marijuana which is not only unhealthy but makes you too crazy to drive a car or operate machinery. The dirty little secret is that the former hippies have gone capitalist and see a big profit is selling drugs to kids.

no one is talking about selling pot to kids any more than budwieser talks about selling beer to kids. you are a hyperbolic dumbass. end of story.

no one is talking about selling pot to kids any more than budwieser talks about selling beer to kids. you are a hyperbolic dumbass. end of story.
I've got another thread on the boards about Electronic Cigarettes... It's a dig on me Shogun... It's ok. Whitehall is just a little sensitive I guess.

Last edited:
What?

2k for one average plant? uh huh.
It more-than-likely wouldn't be possible with a tall, skinny Mexican-plant (typically, Sativa), but.....a much-shorter, bushier Afghani-plant (i.e. Indica) can generate some seriously-fatter/denser buds! 8 oz @ $250? It wouldn't be impossible.

afghan-kush-indica-cannabis-sensi.jpg

When we grew (Colorado; '80s), indoors, Priority 1 was Indica; less growing-space required.​

What?

I plead the fifth. But Clicky

*blink*blink*

Right... Chances are someone that is a farmer will grow lots of it and do it in a way that is best marketable.

Again... The price would drop like a rock if they actually had farmers growing it.

1. is THIS your source? :rofl: seriously? I rest my case.

MarijuanaBusinessNews.com - How much money can a marijuana grower make?

2. Oh, you mean like all those gazillionaires down at the farmer's market robbing dole of their market share? :lol:

3. Sure, the prices will not reflect what the current black market it... but I can tell you from experience that of all the drugs to be sold it's not pot that makes much of a return. And, again, the average shmo is not going to be growing purple kush any more than my chance of bottling a prize winning wine that can compete with industry experts... even if I grow my own grapes.

I'm just saying, your numbers are way off and you underestimate the laziness of people who can buy a product cheaper than their effort to create it.

I've got another thread on the boards about Electronic Cigarettes... It's a dig on me Shogun... It's ok. Whitehall is just a little sensitive I guess.

My bad.. i'm kinda quick to pounce. for instance, my last post may come off as more asshole-ish than I intended.

have a good evening.

what?

Dude... one plant... One average plant... Can get you like 2 grand right now. a fuck'n plant. If it becomes legal you'll get people who... You know... Grow the stuff on a large scale and prices drop like a rock.

i'd love to see your source on that.

Listen, it's just like how we can legally brew our own beer and wine; sure, it's possible but, for most people, it's easier to buy a homogenized product from the store. Not every pothead is going to be growing the shit you see in high times magazine and i assure you that some average female ditch weed in someone's garden isn't going to achieve the premium that a product will become. I can make pretty good beer at home but i can't make a store-bought guiness as easily as i can buy it.

2k for one average plant? Uh huh.
it more-than-likely wouldn't be possible with a tall, skinny mexican-plant (typically, sativa), but.....a much-shorter, bushier afghani-plant (i.e. Indica) can generate some seriously-fatter/denser buds! 8 oz @ $250? It wouldn't be impossible.

when we grew (colorado; '80s), indoors, priority 1 was indica; less growing-space required.​

250 an ounce if its sold by the gram..

What?

2k for one average plant? uh huh.
It more-than-likely wouldn't be possible with a tall, skinny Mexican-plant (typically, Sativa), but.....a much-shorter, bushier Afghani-plant (i.e. Indica) can generate some seriously-fatter/denser buds! 8 oz @ $250? It wouldn't be impossible.

When we grew (Colorado; '80s), indoors, Priority 1 was Indica; less growing-space required.​

thats my point though: it's going to take some serious growing ability to achieve the kind of plant prices he's quoting. The average pothead with a garden isn't going to achieve this by a long shot and, regarding his quote, that is not what I'd call "average" anyway.

My bad.. i'm kinda quick to pounce. for instance, my last post may come off as more asshole-ish than I intended.

have a good evening.
No worries... I have that problem myself. It's all good man.

Well met.

"NORML supports the removal of all penalties for the private possession and responsible use of marijuana by adults, including cultivation for personal use, and casual nonprofit transfers of small amounts. This policy, known as decriminalization, removes the consumer -- the marijuana smoker -- from the criminal justice system, while maintaining criminal penalties against those who sell or traffic large quantities of the drug."

MARIJUANA-thumb-525x362-6132.jpg

Forum List

Back