Legalize short barrel rifles...

The law was dumb to begin with...

They should never have been illegal in the first place. It's a ludicrous, random standard. I have a handgun that fires a rifle cartridge (FN 57), and there are all kinds of revolvers that fire shotgun shells. Why are those legal, but a rifle with a barrel of a certain length isn't? It's stupid.

The law was dumb to begin with...

Not likely; most especially in the time frame owners have to register SBRs, or have the regulation changed. So… How many “law abiding” citizens are going to comply? Or how many will gladly don the mantle of Felon, that they so oft proudly support the denial of the 2A to? And if the latter..? Does that mean they’ll be getting rid of their guns? Wouldn’t want to come across as hypocritical after all.

One fun fact is that after the grace period; possession of an unregistered SBR Carries the same penalty as possession of an unregistered machine gun…

In other words...
You don't have a meaningful response.
Surprise surprise.
The whole thing is a clusterfuck, and probably not by accident. One source I was listening to put the number of employees who actively run, and clear these applications at about eight. With millions of these braces and rifles in circulation, it is virtually impossible to register them, and get cleared even if you wanted to. And most definitely not in the time frame given.
And… If you are denied, they know exactly what you have, when you had it, and your address to come get it, you, and anything else they want to take. This is some bullshit here…

Above is a bit of a round table discussion by a prominent GunTuber, and FFL holder going over the futility of trying to comply with this new regulation in time. For the overwhelming majority, it will be LITERALLY impossible.

The whole thing is a clusterfuck, and probably not by accident. One source I was listening to put the number of employees who actively run, and clear these applications at about eight. With millions of these braces and rifles in circulation, it is virtually impossible to register them, and get cleared even if you wanted to. And most definitely not in the time frame given.
And… If you are denied, they know exactly what you have, when you had it, and your address to come get it, you, and anything else they want to take. This is some bullshit here…
As I and many others have said:
This opens the NFA up for judicial scrutiny.
Democrats - especially those cheering this decision - will not like the results.

As I and many others have said:
This opens the NFA up for judicial scrutiny.
Democrats - especially those cheering this decision - will not like the results.
Perhaps. But in the meantime..? I'm reminded of that poor bastard who got pinched during the narrow window when the ATF said Bump Stocks were outlawed. Even though it got overturned, he's still in prison, and barred for life from voting, and exercising his constitutional right to keep, and bear arms. Now... What of the millions of gun owners caught in this trap? And "trap" is truly the only word to describe it...

Also makes me wonder if/how this effects "pistols" with rear mounted, single point, shoulder slings..?

Forum List

Back