Legit. Qst. regarding gun ownership.....

A few days ago, Trump suggested his "strategy" to curb gun violence in Chicago; that is, to institute a "stop and frisk" policy throughout the crime-ridden city.

My question, however, is one of simple"logic": How can the same person be in favor of "open-carry" or "conceal-and-carry" of weapons, AND then also be in favor of "stop-n-frisk"?

If there is "logic" in that double-standard, the only logic would be all-out "profiling".....
Sacrificing freedom for security is not an issue for Trump voters. Even though the founders of this country were diametrically opposed to that type of thinking.

Don't pretend you give a damn about what the founders thought.
Just because YOU are openly "not giving a damn about what the founders thought" doesn't mean you get to accuse others of doing the same

A few days ago, Trump suggested his "strategy" to curb gun violence in Chicago; that is, to institute a "stop and frisk" policy throughout the crime-ridden city.

My question, however, is one of simple"logic": How can the same person be in favor of "open-carry" or "conceal-and-carry" of weapons, AND then also be in favor of "stop-n-frisk"?

If there is "logic" in that double-standard, the only logic would be all-out "profiling".....

We saw this with the Republican convention, all these people that wail and whine and cry about 'we're keeping our guns an' iffin' you want'em you'll hav' t' pry it from my cold dead hand Uncle Sam'. Then the government said the Republicans convention was a safe zone and no one could bring their gun and all the kneelers said 'ok sir, may we kiss your pinky ring as we enter the convention sir'.

Now these same derps are lining up to have the government search every person on the street for a gun.

How exactly is this different than having to register your guns?

Look how quickly republicans succumb to the idea of illegal search and seizure. Embarrassing.
Damn you are stupid. You make up random shit in your head and pretend it is real. Go read Terry vs Ohio you stupid turd.
Go read Floyd vs. City of New York you idiot
It has absolutely nothing to do with Terry vs Ohio. Try again loser.
Neither does our conversation. Terry vs. Ohio has nothing to do with random stop and frisk.

Except no one is talking about "random stop and frisk", like Terry the officer needs to be able to articulate a reasonable suspicion of wrong doing.

Sacrificing freedom for security is not an issue for Trump voters. Even though the founders of this country were diametrically opposed to that type of thinking.

Don't pretend you give a damn about what the founders thought.
Just because YOU are openly "not giving a damn about what the founders thought" doesn't mean you get to accuse others of doing the same

Your supporting the unconstitutional acts of your dear leader prove me right.

Look how quickly republicans succumb to the idea of illegal search and seizure. Embarrassing.

Stop and frisk has worked before. You don't like it, what are your ideas to stop the violence in Chicago?
Lots of horrific things have worked before. What other unconstitutional things would you like to do besides stop and frisk? Are there certain groups you want to strip some freedoms from?
Stop and frisk is NOT unconstitutional you retard.
Random stop and frisk is most certainly unconstitutional
Drop the word random. Get a grip.

Not really......the cops know who the gang members are...and how they operate......the gang members and other criminals are the ones using guns to murder people...so you have cops focus on known gang members and you cut the risk of gun murder down.

Even if you stop a normal gun owner, they will say..."I have a permit for the gun on my hip," the cops can check that and they can go on their way.......

Stop and Frisk was the main way New York kept their gun murder rate down...now that they have stopped it their gun murder rate is going up....

purpose is stop and frisk is to do something about people carrying guns illegally.

If a state has a "conceal-and-carry" statute, how can....and I'm being serious here....you also have a stop and frisk policy WITHOUT employing profiling?

Behavior......if you see just like stopping a car.....

So tell us what you think should be done in Chicago. That the left won't consider racist profiling.

The first thing...refuse bail for felons who are repeat gun offenders, and increase prison sentences for felons caught with illegal guns.....right now, Chicago puts repeat gun offenders in jail for 1 year.....these are the ones who go on to use guns to commit murder...

We saw this with the Republican convention, all these people that wail and whine and cry about 'we're keeping our guns an' iffin' you want'em you'll hav' t' pry it from my cold dead hand Uncle Sam'. Then the government said the Republicans convention was a safe zone and no one could bring their gun and all the kneelers said 'ok sir, may we kiss your pinky ring as we enter the convention sir'.

Now these same derps are lining up to have the government search every person on the street for a gun.

Wrong asswipe.......people not only carried at the Texas Convention but also at the Republican convention, the only place they couldn't carry was the area directly controlled by the Secret Service.....again, you are posting out of your ass, try to get a clue....

Registering guns allows a government to later ban and confiscate them as Germany, Britain and Australia have done......searching known criminals on the street for illegal guns does not set up a registry...

There is no double standard.....could you explain how you see a double standard? Carrying a weapon has no bearing on the policy of stop and frisk.....not exactly how you see it that way.

purpose is stop and frisk is to do something about people carrying guns illegally.

If a state has a "conceal-and-carry" statute, how can....and I'm being serious here....you also have a stop and frisk policy WITHOUT employing profiling?
Why do you assume that a "Stop and Frisk" policy violates the right to carry or to conceal and carry?

I have a conceal permit and if I was stopped I'd declare it to the cop, show him My permit and go on with My life....

Having said that, I'm not in favor of a "stop and frisk' policy as it short circuits the probable cause or reasonable suspicion mandates.

Wrong asswipe.......people not only carried at the Texas Convention but also at the Republican convention, the only place they couldn't carry was the area directly controlled by the Secret Service.....again, you are posting out of your ass, try to get a clue....

Registering guns allows a government to later ban and confiscate them as Germany, Britain and Australia have done......searching known criminals on the street for illegal guns does not set up a registry...

Yeah, you have a drooling problem and an anger problem Skippy. You go to ignore. Bye now.

It’s yet another example of Trump’s contempt for the Constitution and the right to due process.

And it’s typical of most ignorant conservatives who advocate for ‘guilty until proven innocent.’

it’s part of Trump's ‘everyone knows young black males are criminals’ policy.

For most Trump supporters, walking while black constitutes ‘probable cause’ to stop and search young black men.

So, killing people is Freedom? For whom?

it’s part of Trump's ‘everyone knows young black males are criminals’ policy.

For most Trump supporters, walking while black constitutes ‘probable cause’ to stop and search young black men.
Black lives matter....

The first thing...refuse bail for felons who are repeat gun offenders, and increase prison sentences for felons caught with illegal guns.....right now, Chicago puts repeat gun offenders in jail for 1 year.....these are the ones who go on to use guns to commit murder...

From what I've read, they don't even do that. They simply don't have the room in their jails to put people in there just for illegally carrying a gun. That's one of the biggest problems in Chicago. People who carry know they won't spend much time locked up.

Wrong. In Ohio, the only thing a business has to do to make their establishment gun free is to post a sign by the doors stating no guns are allowed. Quickens Arena has been a gun free zone long before the convention was even considered here.

Forum List

Back