Lessons of History and Trying To Avoid the Same Mistakes

Because of the sheer prevalence of police brutality in America, public officials have gotten better at managing the shock.

The disgraced ex-president took shots at "Ron DeSanctimonious" while campaigning yesterday, trashing the Florida governor for considering a run for the presidency in 2024. Trump, who famously told America the pandemic would be over by April of 2020, actually criticized DeSantis over his abysmal COVID track record and accused his one-time ally of "[changing] his tune a lot" on vaccines. Neither of them has a leg to stand on with respect to the pandemic — or any issue, frankly. Batten down the hatches, folks.

He said he attacked Pelosi because people's individual liberties are under attack.

In almost a call to arms, DePape says the, "people killing it have names and addresses, so I got their names and addresses, so I could pay them a little visit…have a heart-to-heart chat about their bad behavior."

In the chilling and bizarre phone call, he apologized for not going further.

(full article online)

"I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad. I'm so sorry I didn't get more of them. It's my own fault. No one else is to blame. I should have come better prepared," he says.

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced he will completely defund diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives at Florida universities during a press conference Tuesday morning.

DeSantis addressed what he called “DEI bureaucracies,” or departments within universities that promote diversity, equality and inclusion, which he said impose a liberal agenda on university students and faculty.

“These bureaucracies are hostile to academic freedom, and really they constitute a drain on resources and end up contributing to higher costs,” he said.

The announcement comes two weeks after Florida universities reported all DEI and critical race theory spending to DeSantis per a December memo. A full list of what UF and other schools reported is available here. According to the report, UF’s DEI funding amounts to 0.14% of its annual budget.

UF hasn’t returned a request for comment as of Tuesday afternoon.

Forum List

Back