Let's face it: Hollywood is still very racist

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I have Netflix at idle and they are showing me their billboards for their shows and all I see is whites and a few token minorities off the side as supporting characters.

One of the few exceptions is a Canadian show called Kim's Convenience which has six regular cast characters, five Korean-Canadians and one white. Most of the minor characters are not white.

But Canada is not Hollywood.

I have Netflix at idle and they are showing me their billboards for their shows and all I see is whites and a few token minorities off the side as supporting characters.

One of the few exceptions is a Canadian show called Kim's Convenience which has six regular cast characters, five Korean-Canadians and one white. Most of the minor characters are not white.

Hollywood is still very greedy. The reason you do not see a lot of blacks outside supporting roles or comedies is because foreign box office is an increasingly important source of revenue in the industry and movies with black leads, no matter how well they do in America or critically acclaimed they are, perform like crap overseas.

Should we bring back 'Amos and Andy'?

amosandy002.jpg

That is one of the nations worst kept secrets.

Hollywood preaches to us but try being an Indian or Vietnamese actor and get a part on a Netflix show you'll be the goofy best friend but not the main character.

Well.....it's getting harder and harder to replace white actors in movies with black actors.
It's ruining the industry.

I was watching a Bollywood movie just the other day, and damn, if they weren't all of the same ethnicity.

Perhaps so but they have been criticized by the woke for brown facing actors, especially those whose characters are poor people.

We need more comedies about an internment camp for prisoners of war at a Nazi ran camp..Where the Nazis are funny as they flay the skin from a hung prisoner...

So you're saying that Black producers and directors should get off their lazy asses and makes some movies? I agree.

Very few movies show black people as bad guys in the last 10 years.
If there's a rapist, or thug or mugger, it's almost always a white guy.
If anything Netflix is anti White.

I always chuckle when I see security systems advertise on TV. The bad guy in those commercials is ALWAYS a Caucasian gentleman.

I know that when people see such commercials, they look at one another and quietly smile.

Dang! Those security system companies must think we're stupid.

View attachment 453101

The old TV series is banned from TV now.

I have to agree with that decision.

No matter what one feels about any ethnicity, there is no excuse to ridicule them (for their command of the English language, for example, which was constantly done on that show).

View attachment 453101

The old TV series is banned from TV now.

I have to agree with that decision.

No matter what one feels about any ethnicity, there is no excuse to ridicule them (for their command of the English language, for example, which was constantly done on that show).

It was the first, and only, show on American TV to have an all-black cast.

Hollywood is still very greedy. The reason you do not see a lot of blacks outside supporting roles or comedies is because foreign box office is an increasingly important source of revenue in the industry and movies with black leads, no matter how well they do in America or critically acclaimed they are, perform like crap overseas.

That is what I have heard.

People in foreign countries expect American movies to be filled with "Americans," which many foreigners assume are Caucasian.

Of course, as the Caucasian population continues to shrink, the word "American" will be broadened, and our international friends will no longer expect the movie to be filled with Caucasians.

Forum List

Back