Lets have a war on cancer!!

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Let's have a war on cancer! Let's use the entire medical research infrastructure of this country to kill this disgusting and evil monster once and for all. It is the second most deadly disease and cost our nation tens of billion dollars of healthcare dollars each and every year.

It would be cheaper over the longer term to go all the way and spend big on killing it. No one else needs to freaking suffer.

Let's have a war on cancer! Let's use the entire medical research infrastructure of this country to kill this disgusting and evil monster once and for all. It is the second most deadly disease and cost our nation tens of billion dollars of healthcare dollars each and every year.

It would be cheaper over the longer term to go all the way and spend big on killing it. No one else needs to freaking suffer.

On the other hand the population of the world is too large, we don't need everyone living until they're 100, we'd collapse under the weight.

On the other hand the population of the world is too large, we don't need everyone living until they're 100, we'd collapse under the weight.
You wouldn't say that if you were the one who had it.

I'd love a cure for cancer but do you really think the Pharmaceutical companies are going to allow that?? You just said they make billions of dollars a year on treatment, just think what a cure would do to their bottom line... They've been blocking research for decades, it's quite sickening if you really look into it.

Sheer and utter bullshit. The carrying capacity of this planet is 40 BILLION. We are far from that number. The one common denominator for all of you progressives is a desire to commit mass murder.

• Banned
One of the reasons I am no longer a republican is that you believe we can blow 5 trillion dollars fighting a man that didn't do anything to us, but shouldn't spend 5 dollars to fight a disease that kills 750,000 Americans every year. How is this sane? We probably wouldn't spend more then a few hundred billion on what I am talking about in this thread and would in the long run save at least that much.

Being a society that solved problems and was a little more caring would make our society better. Conservatives are everything that is opposite to that.

One of the reasons I am no longer a republican is that you believe we can blow 5 trillion dollars fighting a man that didn't do anything to us, but shouldn't spend 5 dollars to fight a disease that kills 750,000 Americans every year. How is this sane? We probably wouldn't spend more then a few hundred billion on what I am talking about in this thread and would in the long run save at least that much.

Being a society that solved problems and was a little more caring would make our society better. Conservatives are everything that is opposite to that.
Kuddos to Obama for trying to get the ball rolling on this during his last state of the Union... When he declared the "Moonshot" on cancer that was a pretty awesome moment... Its too bad our media and public are more concerned about the size of Trumps hands than trying to promote and progress the movement. If we rallied behind beating cancer like we did when we decided to put a man on the moon, I agree, we could make tremendous progress.

Cancer cure needs Ebola-level action...
fingerscrossed.gif

Cancer needs Ebola-level action - Biden
Mon, 06 Jun 2016 | The hunt for a cancer cure should be treated with as much urgency as the Ebola outbreak, says US Vice-President Joe Biden.
He said he had dreamed of being the president that cured cancer and believed it was possible. He is now leading the US "cancer moonshot" programme to cure cancer. He told scientists their success could "literally change the world" but criticised the barriers to getting on clinical trials. In a speech to American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting he said: "[When] we were worried about Ebola we were able to aggregate tens of millions of dollars and the entire US military because the World Health Organization couldn't handle it. "That's the kind of urgency we need with regard to cancer." In January, President Barack Obama announced the $1bn (£710m) "moonshot" and that Joe Biden would lead it.

The vice-president said: "If I could have done anything I would have wanted to be the president that ended cancer as we know it because I believe it is now possible." It is a personal mission for Mr Biden, who lost his son Beau to brain cancer at the age of 46 last year. He told the meeting of 30,000 of the world's leading cancer scientists and doctors that his son had been able to take part in pioneering clinical trials. But "what about the 96% of people" who miss out, he asked, and called for new measures to help the poorest patients take part. "Nobody should have to forgo a critical clinical trial because they cannot afford the gas to get there or a baby sitter at home," he said.

His speech referenced many of the major themes that have emerged at the meeting in Chicago including the transformative power of immunotherapy and the unparalleled understanding of the genetics of cancer. "[They are] offering profound promise that wasn't there five years ago," he said. But Mr Biden said the progress could be much faster if only scientists worked closely together. He said: "Imagine if we all worked together... shared the data behind breakthroughs so that the field as a whole can move forward faster and avoid unnecessary redundancy. "The whole world is looking to you, your success can literally change the world. We need you now more than we ever have."

Huge breakthroughs

Spoken like a true inner city Leftard who never steps outside of his tiny apartment.

Oh, and you know something about me, do you?

No you don't. You're just making an attack based on almost nothing.
No one who travels believes the world is overpopulated.
Only you inner city rats who never crawl out of your nests believe such garbage.

T

I'd love a cure for cancer but do you really think the Pharmaceutical companies are going to allow that?? You just said they make billions of dollars a year on treatment, just think what a cure would do to their bottom line... They've been blocking research for decades, it's quite sickening if you really look into it.
The cost of drugs is crazy expensive .but if it works,the money means nothing. The money dosnt concern most cancer patients,i know I don't ,and my bill is right now just under a million.two years of chemo surgeries scans tests traveling .

We've been fighting a war on cancer. Treatment and survival rates are constantly improving.

What I'm looking forward to is all the crap I keep hearing about in lab tests about ways to increase muscle mass.

Loss of muscle mass and the resulting inability to function is the primary cause of people not being able to live alone.

Moving that tech from the lab to the RW would save a huge amount of money and improve quality of life for EVERYONE.

Spoken like a true inner city Leftard who never steps outside of his tiny apartment.

Only you inner city rats who never crawl out of your nests believe such garbage.

Well, I travel. I mean, this year isn't going to be much of a traveling year, so far only 2 countries, but then again I've racked up like 50 something countries in my life on five continents. I think the world is over populated.

So, you're talking nonsense.

End the war on drugs and use that money just don't ask for more

Well, I travel. I mean, this year isn't going to be much of a traveling year, so far only 2 countries, but then again I've racked up like 50 something countries in my life on five continents. I think the world is over populated.

So, you're talking nonsense.
No, a person who thinks the world is overpopulated and has no capacity for growth is talking nonsense. Who would that be?

Forum List

Back