Let's just raise the minimum wage to $100.00 an hour....

lol...kinda weak dude.

Kinda weak? Shit its REALLY weak..he is just another republican floundering and flopping around because these god damn poor people want a wage they can actually live off of! You know how damn horrible that is!?

Does O.R.I.O.N. mean (O)ne (R)eally (I)gnorant and (O)bstinate don't call me a (N)?

Nope. I am actually surprised I been here a month and no one has figured it out yet...

Why do corporations that profit billions of dollars "have" to lay off any workers to pay higher wages?

The corporation profits in the billions of dollars every year. Why do these multi-billion dollar corporations have to fire anyone to afford paying higher wages to everyone?

lol...kinda weak dude.

Lol, you keep wanting it to go up, so why stop at 10.10 an hour? Why not higher? You guys will never be satisfied. If you want to earn a living wage, curb inflation, stop printing money, and the value your money will have more buying power. Otherwise, the only weakness I see is in liberals whining about "living wage."

Kinda weak? Shit its REALLY weak..he is just another republican floundering and flopping around because these god damn poor people want a wage they can actually live off of! You know how damn horrible that is!?

Does O.R.I.O.N. mean (O)ne (R)eally (I)gnorant and (O)bstinate don't call me a (N)?

Nope. I am actually surprised I been here a month and no one has figured it out yet...

What makes you think anyone cares?

By the way, I have been here almost 4 years and most people haven't figured out my name, and I even explained it once.

Why do corporations that profit billions of dollars "have" to lay off any workers to pay higher wages?

The corporation profits in the billions of dollars every year. Why do these multi-billion dollar corporations have to fire anyone to afford paying higher wages to everyone?

The first thing you have to understand is that corporations that big aren't the ones paying minimum wage in the first place.

lol...kinda weak dude.

Lol, you keep wanting it to go up, so why stop at 10.10 an hour? Why not higher? You guys will never be satisfied. If you want to earn a living wage, curb inflation, stop printing money, and the value your money will have more buying power. Otherwise, the only weakness I see is in liberals whining about "living wage."

Why do ALL developed nations have a minimum wage? Are all developed nations in the world save 2 or 3 a bunch of far left liberal nations for having a minimum wage?

No, the minimum wage has distinct purpose and is a very effective tool to reduce reliance on welfare, gives people a much greater incentive to find and hold a job, improve money circulation via higher consumerism, and increase tax revenue for struggling state governments.

It's has value and raising it is just a simple thing that's done to keep up with rising costs of living.

The first thing you have to understand is that corporations that big aren't the ones paying minimum wage in the first place.

Oh...Wal-mart isn't big. Okay.

lol...kinda weak dude.

Why do ALL developed nations have a minimum wage? Are all developed nations in the world save 2 or 3 a bunch of far left liberal nations for having a minimum wage?

No, the minimum wage has distinct purpose and is a very effective tool to reduce reliance on welfare, gives people a much greater incentive to find and hold a job, improve money circulation via higher consumerism, and increase tax revenue for struggling state governments.

It's has value and raising it is just a simple thing that's done to keep up with rising costs of living.

however it remains the minimum wage

lol...kinda weak dude.

Why does Venezuela have rioting in the streets?

Unlike you, I can argue against the minimum wage without resorting to non sequiturs, you should try it sometime.

Wal-Mart isn't big? Macy's? JC Penney? McDonald's? Starbuck's? Sears? Target? Company profits are in the billions of dollars with the most minimum-wage workers.

Wal-Mart slipped to No. 2 in the Fortune 500 in 2011 after holding onto the top spot for two years in a row. The retailer was forced to aggressively cut prices to reverse its declining same store sales in the U.S. That helped push revenues up by 6% during 2011, to $447 billion, but it hurt Wal-Mart's bottom line -- profits declined by 4.6% during the year, to $15.7 billion.
Wal-Mart Stores - Fortune 500 - WMT

Wal-Mart profited $15.7 billion in 2011 after A DECLINE. Why can't a few extra hundred million dollars (or even a few billion) be spent from those $15.7b PROFITS on higher worker wages and better benefits without firing anyone?

Oh...Wal-mart isn't big. Okay.

WalMart doesn't pay minimum wage. In fact, they have come out in support of raising the minimum wage. Since you are convinced they are evil incarnate, and they would never do anything unless it benefited their bottom line, can you explain why they support the hike?

I can.

Wal-Mart isn't big? Macy's? JC Penney? McDonald's? Starbuck's? Sears? Target? Company profits are in the billions of dollars with the most minimum-wage workers.

Wal-Mart slipped to No. 2 in the Fortune 500 in 2011 after holding onto the top spot for two years in a row. The retailer was forced to aggressively cut prices to reverse its declining same store sales in the U.S. That helped push revenues up by 6% during 2011, to $447 billion, but it hurt Wal-Mart's bottom line -- profits declined by 4.6% during the year, to $15.7 billion.
Wal-Mart profited $15.7 billion in 2011 after A DECLINE. Why can't a few extra hundred million dollars (or even a few billion) be spent from those $15.7b PROFITS on higher worker wages and better benefits without firing anyone?

Not one of those companies pay minimum wage, but thanks for making my point.

Unlike you, I can argue against the minimum wage without resorting to non sequiturs, you should try it sometime.

What? Like it or not...all developed nations (except a SMALL few) have a minimum wage. The minimum wage is not some crazy far left liberal idea...it's very mainstream and supported by the majority of the American people.

Go off on "non sequiturs" all you want, just ignoring what I say doesn't get you anywhere.

Most of them do (I don't think starbucks does though)

Besides the point...paying 7.75 an hour hardly matters as "not minimum wage"

What? Like it or not...all developed nations (except a SMALL few) have a minimum wage. The minimum wage is not some crazy far left liberal idea...it's very mainstream and supported by the majority of the American people.

Go off on "non sequiturs" all you want, just ignoring what I say doesn't get you anywhere.

Which is completely irrelevant, even if it is true.

lol...kinda weak dude.

Minimum wage isn't minimum wage if you keep raising it. Why don't you simply call it "maximum wage" and be done with it?

So, tell me this: if it (minimum wage) is supposed to help reduce reliance on welfare, why do we see so many people on welfare then? Simply because the minimum wage is a joke. In just the past 7 years (if this goes through to $10.10 an hour) I will have seen the minimum wage go up a staggering $5.85 an hour. I wasn't kidding about wanting it abolished. People are demanding higher wages they simply haven't earned yet. If people were taught how to save money you wouldn't have so many people worrying about cost of living so much.

Most of them do (I don't think starbucks does though)

Besides the point...paying 7.75 an hour hardly matters as "not minimum wage"

No they do not, not even Mickey D.

McDonald's Hourly Pay | Glassdoor

McDonald's doesn't pay minimum wage? What planet do you live on?

Wendy's? Taco Bell? Starbuck's? Are you really serious with that?
More Than Half of Wal-Mart's Hourly Workers Make Less Than $25,000 - Businessweek
Walmart Employs 1% Of America. Should It Be Forced To Pay Its Employees More? - Business Insider
Always Low Wages? Wal-Mart's Other Choices - Bloomberg
Walmart workers band together for better wages, affordable benefits ? USATODAY.com
Why Wal-Mart can afford to give its workers a 50% raise - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blogTerm Sheet

McDonald's doesn't pay minimum wage? What planet do you live on?

Wendy's? Taco Bell? Starbuck's? Are you really serious with that?
More Than Half of Wal-Mart's Hourly Workers Make Less Than $25,000 - Businessweek
Walmart Employs 1% Of America. Should It Be Forced To Pay Its Employees More? - Business Insider
Always Low Wages? Wal-Mart's Other Choices - Bloomberg
Walmart workers band together for better wages, affordable benefits ? USATODAY.com
Why Wal-Mart can afford to give its workers a 50% raise - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blogTerm Sheet

Do some people at Mickey D get minimum wage? Of course.

Does that mean that everyone, or even a significant percentage of their employees get paid that little? Only in the minds of idiots.

Forum List

Back