Let's Talk About The Choke Hold

I see Atlanta is now charging the cop with felony murder.

That's fucked up.

We are going to lose a lot of cops. I guess that's one way to defund them, by making them quit en masse.

The man shot the guy needlessly. You said as much yourself. Why shouldn’t he be prosecuted?

We need to change the way we approach crime in this nation. One byproduct of that will be fewer, better trained and higher paid, cops.
Really? By driving any sane person away from the profession, and defunding it? You can’t be this stupid.

Don’t be a dummy. Defunding is a word choice that is being misrepresented. The idea is to adequately fund prevention and to demilitarize police.

You are a worldly man. You know that other nations do a better job of policing than we do and for far less $$.

I know you’re an arrogant prick who thrives on confrontation, but there is no need to be willfully ignorant when discussing things with intelligent people.
Our local newspaper just announced the largest city in our state is drastically cutting funding of the police, in response to the protests.

They did NOT move a penny of that funding toward "prevention".

Just as I feared would happen.

Where did they move it?

This is a needed change. Don’t fear it.

That's fucked up.

We are going to lose a lot of cops. I guess that's one way to defund them, by making them quit en masse.

The man shot the guy needlessly. You said as much yourself. Why shouldn’t he be prosecuted?

We need to change the way we approach crime in this nation. One byproduct of that will be fewer, better trained and higher paid, cops.
Really? By driving any sane person away from the profession, and defunding it? You can’t be this stupid.

Don’t be a dummy. Defunding is a word choice that is being misrepresented. The idea is to adequately fund prevention and to demilitarize police.
That may be what YOU want it to mean...

After you have lost this match with your own semantics, you can take on the word "demilitarize."

Cops are assholes, by and large.
The job attracts people who are not very bright and have a chip on their shoulder.
They were the bullies in high school or the ones who got bullied.
They got away with a lot of shit for decades until personal cell phones outed them.
At first, cops grabbed people's cell phones and told them they were interfering with police business.
But now there are too many cameras: CCTV, public cameras, personal cameras and they have to wear cameras and film themselves.
So they are finally being brought to justice.
Take your authority complex up with your shrink. After you've done that, ask him to change you diaper.

Trolling, hmmmm?
Truth butt-hurts you badly.
New video at the Atlanta hearing today shows the cop who shot Brooks kicked him after shooting him.
Then lied in his statement afterwards that he offered CPR and aid.
Like I said, cops are assholes.
Shove one up your ample ass and then you can kiss mine.

828dd658-dab4-4464-a693-6dd884b901a7.jpg

This asshole Rolfe is going to serve time.
Thank god for all the video that outed this scumbag redneck.

The job attracts people who are not very bright and have a chip on their shoulder.
They got away with a lot of shit for decades until personal cell phones outed them.
At first, cops grabbed people's cell phones and told them they were interfering with police business.
But now there are too many cameras: CCTV, public cameras, personal cameras and they have to wear cameras and film themselves.
Take your authority complex up with your shrink. After you've done that, ask him to change you diaper.

...Like I said, cops are assholes.

You’ll be the first to hit the fetal position and cry like a little bitch when you need one.

That's fucked up.

You are a worldly man. You know that other nations do a better job of policing than we do and for far less $$.

I know you’re an arrogant prick who thrives on confrontation, but there is no need to be willfully ignorant when discussing things with intelligent people.
Yeah, what is the unsolved crime rate in those countries that "do it better"? Its easy to have no deaths when your cops dont do anything.

That's fucked up.

Yeah, what is the unsolved crime rate in those countries that "do it better"? Its easy to have no deaths when your cops dont do anything.

You are talking out of your ass.

That's fucked up.

You are talking out of your ass.
Nope, that would be you. You declared that other countries have better police forces with zero facts to back up that absurd claim.

Another black guy was killed this past weekend.

The dude was drunk and passed out in his car in a Wendy's parking lot, blocking the drive-thru.

When the cops showed up, they spent 40 minutes dealing with him.

40 minutes. That's a long time to tie up two policemen.

The cops were very patient with this guy. And the guy was cooperative during that 40 minutes.

But the second a pair of handcuffs touched his wrists, the dude went crazy. The two cops spent the next several minutes struggling with this guy.

The cops were fit. And yet they could not get this guy under control. He got the better of them despite being drunk.

This is not a reflection on the cops. A maniac can take up to 5 people to subdue him. Especially if you don't allow them to use a choke hold.

If you watch the video of the fight, the cops refrained from using a choke hold on the dude, and he was able to not only get away, he was able to disarm them of their taser. It's just luck that is what they had in their hands for him to take and not a gun.

As I watched, I said to my son, "If they used a choke hold on him, that dude would be alive today."

My son hates the cops. He's had some run-ins with them. :D

But he saw my point.

I've never had an opinion of the choke hold. I know some people have been hurt by choke holds, and I know the rare person has been killed by the choke hold.

But that fight would have been over in seconds if those cops used it. And the dude would be alive.

He would be alive if he didn't put up a fight, too, but that's another discussion.
I worked as security in bars for thirty years and never had any trouble controlling a drunk.
Every try to cuff one who didn't want to be cuffed?
No , but I did use the full Nelson to take control.

I witnessed back in 2011 or 2012 can’t remember the exact year outside a night club in Los Angeles.... Two cops white and black trying to handcuff a bad black dude, fired 2 tasers, no big deal just pulled it out from his stomach, put a big fight, black cop got hit in the face, went down, white cop just keep hitting him with his baton no effect either, till 2 bouncers both blacks joined the fight. Three against one, bad dude put a fight, no chance, only then they were able to handcuffed that guy. His face was so messed up.

A good example of that is like this one. 6 cops got charged and probably will get fire. They were not fighting but they keep shooting their tasers. they broke the young girl clavicle. Talking about police brutality.

ATLANTA) — Six Atlanta police officers have been charged after a dramatic video showed authorities pulling two young people from a car and shooting them with stun guns while they were stuck in traffic caused by protests over George Floyd’s death, a prosecutor said Tuesday.

I totally disagree with resisting arrest and fighting with a cop. It’s always a different scenario. In this case they have his car and DL. Why not just let him go? Arrest him at his work or at his house.
Shooting someone at the back unarmed is just plain coward and stupid. PERIOD, PERIOD, PERIOD. Police are not trained that way.

As far as defunding police. Camden, NJ did that 7 years ago, replaced entire police force and results are very positive.

Forum List

Back