Let's Talk About The Choke Hold

Another black guy was killed this past weekend.

The dude was drunk and passed out in his car in a Wendy's parking lot, blocking the drive-thru.

When the cops showed up, they spent 40 minutes dealing with him.

40 minutes. That's a long time to tie up two policemen.

The cops were very patient with this guy. And the guy was cooperative during that 40 minutes.

But the second a pair of handcuffs touched his wrists, the dude went crazy. The two cops spent the next several minutes struggling with this guy.

The cops were fit. And yet they could not get this guy under control. He got the better of them despite being drunk.

This is not a reflection on the cops. A maniac can take up to 5 people to subdue him. Especially if you don't allow them to use a choke hold.

If you watch the video of the fight, the cops refrained from using a choke hold on the dude, and he was able to not only get away, he was able to disarm them of their taser. It's just luck that is what they had in their hands for him to take and not a gun.

As I watched, I said to my son, "If they used a choke hold on him, that dude would be alive today."

My son hates the cops. He's had some run-ins with them. :D

But he saw my point.

I've never had an opinion of the choke hold. I know some people have been hurt by choke holds, and I know the rare person has been killed by the choke hold.

But that fight would have been over in seconds if those cops used it. And the dude would be alive.

He would be alive if he didn't put up a fight, too, but that's another discussion.

He'd also be alive if the coward hadn't shot him in the back while he was running away.

This is a lie, he was shot because he fired a taser at a cop. The ONLY reason he was shot in the back is because he got himself turned around before the rounds struck him, that is crystal clear from the video.

The lying has to stop.
This is a lie, he was shot because he fired a taser at a cop. The ONLY reason he was shot in the back is because he got himself turned around before the rounds struck him, that is crystal clear from the video.

The lying has to stop
You are the liar.
The taser was never pointed or fired at a cop. It was easily at least 20 degrees off target. It was discharged and no longer a threat to anyone at the time the officer fired.
Watch the video.

Another black guy was killed this past weekend.

The dude was drunk and passed out in his car in a Wendy's parking lot, blocking the drive-thru.

When the cops showed up, they spent 40 minutes dealing with him.

40 minutes. That's a long time to tie up two policemen.

The cops were very patient with this guy. And the guy was cooperative during that 40 minutes.

But the second a pair of handcuffs touched his wrists, the dude went crazy. The two cops spent the next several minutes struggling with this guy.

The cops were fit. And yet they could not get this guy under control. He got the better of them despite being drunk.

This is not a reflection on the cops. A maniac can take up to 5 people to subdue him. Especially if you don't allow them to use a choke hold.

If you watch the video of the fight, the cops refrained from using a choke hold on the dude, and he was able to not only get away, he was able to disarm them of their taser. It's just luck that is what they had in their hands for him to take and not a gun.

As I watched, I said to my son, "If they used a choke hold on him, that dude would be alive today."

My son hates the cops. He's had some run-ins with them. :D

But he saw my point.

I've never had an opinion of the choke hold. I know some people have been hurt by choke holds, and I know the rare person has been killed by the choke hold.

But that fight would have been over in seconds if those cops used it. And the dude would be alive.

He would be alive if he didn't put up a fight, too, but that's another discussion.

He'd also be alive if the coward hadn't shot him in the back while he was running away.

The lying has to stop.

The lying has to stop
You are the liar.
The taser was never pointed or fired at a cop. It was easily at least 20 degrees off target. It was discharged and no longer a threat to anyone at the time the officer fired.
Watch the video.
Watch the video
I have. You should as well.

I will say the attorney for the Brook's family did speak quite eloquently just now. Men like that, not people burning down a Wendy's, represent the chance for positive change.

I will say the attorney for the Brook's family did speak quite eloquently just now. Men like that, not people burning down a Wendy's, represent the chance for positive change.

The burning down of the Wendy’s is not an attempt to represent anything other than rage at not being heard. It takes great arrogance for an American citizen to try and tell oppressed Americans how to protest. Violent and destructive protest is a hallmark of the American experience. It often leads to peaceful transition and progress. Like it is now.

The burning down of the Wendy’s is not an attempt to represent anything other than rage at not being heard. It takes great arrogance for an American citizen to try and tell oppressed Americans how to protest. Violent and destructive protest is a hallmark of the American experience. It often leads to peaceful transition and progress. Like it is now.
Arson is not protest, it is crime. Reasonable people will listen to protest. No one listens to arson.

Arson is not protest, it is crime. Reasonable people will listen to protest. No one listens to arson.

Kaepernick tried a reasonable protest. People (including the president) called him names and called for him to be fired (including the president).

Kaepernick tried a reasonable protest. People (including the president) called him names and called for him to be fired (including the president).
And? Do you believe that listening always means agreeing? Are you a child?

So is throwing tea into the harbor.

The people who committed the crimes should and will be prosecuted. They did it knowing this. It’s an expression of freedom.

Of course, there are a number of idiots and assholes who just want to fuck shit up and steal. That is a side effect of social upheaval. A cost of doing business, if you will.

He wasn't listened to. Recall that Pence walked out.

He wasn't listened to. Recall that Pence walked out.
He wasn’t agreed with.

And he wasn’t a good enough quarterback.

I see Atlanta is now charging the cop with felony murder.

That's fucked up.

We are going to lose a lot of cops. I guess that's one way to defund them, by making them quit en masse.

If what I’ve heard about what happened after the shooting is true, that should definitely be prosecuted.

That's fucked up.

We are going to lose a lot of cops. I guess that's one way to defund them, by making them quit en masse.

The man shot the guy needlessly. You said as much yourself. Why shouldn’t he be prosecuted?

We need to change the way we approach crime in this nation. One byproduct of that will be fewer, better trained and higher paid, cops.

That's fucked up.

The man shot the guy needlessly. You said as much yourself. Why shouldn’t he be prosecuted?

We need to change the way we approach crime in this nation. One byproduct of that will be fewer, better trained and higher paid, cops.
Really? By driving any sane person away from the profession, and defunding it? You can’t be this stupid.

Cops are assholes, by and large.
The job attracts people who are not very bright and have a chip on their shoulder.
They were the bullies in high school or the ones who got bullied.
They got away with a lot of shit for decades until personal cell phones outed them.
At first, cops grabbed people's cell phones and told them they were interfering with police business.
But now there are too many cameras: CCTV, public cameras, personal cameras and they have to wear cameras and film themselves.
So they are finally being brought to justice.

Cops are assholes, by and large.
The job attracts people who are not very bright and have a chip on their shoulder.
They were the bullies in high school or the ones who got bullied.
They got away with a lot of shit for decades until personal cell phones outed them.
At first, cops grabbed people's cell phones and told them they were interfering with police business.
But now there are too many cameras: CCTV, public cameras, personal cameras and they have to wear cameras and film themselves.
So they are finally being brought to justice.
Take your authority complex up with your shrink. After you've done that, ask him to change you diaper.

That's fucked up.

Really? By driving any sane person away from the profession, and defunding it? You can’t be this stupid.

Don’t be a dummy. Defunding is a word choice that is being misrepresented. The idea is to adequately fund prevention and to demilitarize police.

You are a worldly man. You know that other nations do a better job of policing than we do and for far less $$.

I know you’re an arrogant prick who thrives on confrontation, but there is no need to be willfully ignorant when discussing things with intelligent people.

That's fucked up.

Don’t be a dummy. Defunding is a word choice that is being misrepresented. The idea is to adequately fund prevention and to demilitarize police.

You are a worldly man. You know that other nations do a better job of policing than we do and for far less $$.

I know you’re an arrogant prick who thrives on confrontation, but there is no need to be willfully ignorant when discussing things with intelligent people.
Our local newspaper just announced the largest city in our state is drastically cutting funding of the police, in response to the protests.

They did NOT move a penny of that funding toward "prevention".

Just as I feared would happen.

Forum List

Back