Let's try to figure out the real name of evil

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
The root "evil" in modern English does not reflect the real semantics, it is an inversion. This obviously comes from the name of the bull, which, on the contrary, was a symbol of good among the Indo-Aryans and Babylonians.

One possible name for evil may be related to the root "dur". this follows from the line of the Rigveda:

sa no dūrāccāsācca ni martyādaghāyoḥ |
pāhi sadamid viśvāyuḥ

In English this is translated as

Lord of all life, from near; from far, do thou, O Agni evermore
Protect us from the sinful man.

In russian translation the word "sinful" have base "evil intent".

In slavic the word "durak" is "stupid man". In eng "dur" means funny chords in music. It's kinda connected.

Perhaps the fun was linked to the evil

Stupid and evil have a connection as well as insanity.

I say that you are called stupid if you attempt to do harm to try to benefit yourself in some way but fail miserably. However, you are insane if you do yourself harm or others harm without trying to benefit yourself and do it for no real reason at all. But you are evil if you someone benefit materially from harming yourself or others.

Either way, they all accomplish the same thing.

• Banned
This is quite logical, because the jester in the old days was evil symbol

Aryans seems to have had no humor.

Aristotle mentioned that comedy is a genre of rabble.

Somewhere I came across information that because of the plague, people were freaking and dancing.

And in music, dur key (tonica) is opposed to romance; in any case, romance cannot be dur.

Many signs

This is quite logical, because the jester in the old days was evil symbol

Aryans seems to have had no humor.

Aristotle mentioned that comedy is a genre of rabble.

Somewhere I came across information that because of the plague, people were freaking and dancing.

And in music, dur key (tonica) is opposed to romance; in any case, romance cannot be dur.

Many signs
Aristotle mentioned that comedy is a genre of rabble?

I find the exact opposite. In fact, I find those who are humorless incredibly stupid and narrow minded, especially when they are unable to laugh at themselves

After all, which one of us, aside from me, have never acted stupidly before?

I would pause before taking adopting the morality from Aristotle

He was of the belief that the slaves have no reasoning power despite the ability to understand and follow their intellect. Therefore, according to Aristotle, natural slaves are those who understand reason but possess no reasoning ability.

The logic given by him was that those who were not virtuous were slaves and that it was possible to determine who is virtuous and who is not. He further stated that as there are inequalities with reference to their capabilities and capacities, all those who had higher capacities were called masters and the rest are slaves. He also categorically stated that slave belonged to the master and not vice versa.

Dividing by zero is evil, so evil that dividing imaginary numbers by 0 is still evil, that's how evil it is ... everything else is good and Godly ... and the sum of periodic functions is itself periodic ...

Forum List

Back