Let's try to put this crap in perspective

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
I was reading this way too long bloviating and skipped to the comments

A commenter posted this

As Douglas MacArthur once said,

Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear – kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor – with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant funds demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.

Wars and lies are meant to deceive. Period. Politicians (and the media's) bread and butter relies on lies and wars- foreign and domestic- the media in this latest crap just has to bust on Trump and no I'm not a Trump fan. I'm even less a fan of the media.

Another commenter posted this link- it 's pretty good. But don't bother yourself with reading- it's not good for you to see different perspectives.

You think this is panic? Let's imagine a world where Trump just walked up to the podium and said: "We're just going to let this wash over America like a wave" and then went golfing. Would he still be in power? Even the worst dictatorships are not doing this because it would be the end of them. I expect to see much of the world's politicians answer for any lack of empathy and every hesitation far more than any abundance of caution.

I was reading this way too long bloviating and skipped to the comments

A commenter posted this

As Douglas MacArthur once said,

Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear – kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor – with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant funds demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.

Wars and lies are meant to deceive. Period. Politicians (and the media's) bread and butter relies on lies and wars- foreign and domestic- the media in this latest crap just has to bust on Trump and no I'm not a Trump fan. I'm even less a fan of the media.

Another commenter posted this link- it 's pretty good. But don't bother yourself with reading- it's not good for you to see different perspectives.

In a crisis.....the truth matters not, but what the people believe the truth to be..

You think this is panic? Let's imagine a world where Trump just walked up to the podium and said: "We're just going to let this wash over America like a wave" and then went golfing. Would he still be in power? Even the worst dictatorships are not doing this because it would be the end of them. I expect to see much of the world's politicians answer for any lack of empathy and every hesitation far more than any abundance of caution.
I suppose Sweden is one of them "worst dictatorships", huh?

I could be wrong, but if our leader were to have such an attitude, panic would still very much have a presence. It would then just be within another group of people instead of the group of people that it is within now. Sadly someone is going to be ticked off at him no matter what move is made which is why I understand completely if the choices and decisions that he is making are the ones that make the most sense to him.

God bless you and our leader always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back