Lezbo Softball Team kicked out of Church League

You're gonna have to explain how that pertains to the OP.
The church, with their holier-than-thou attitude shunned one of their sisters in Christ over something that is not up to them to condemn her for.
Jesus didn't shun the prostitute or the leper. Why would He have His children shun others?

That's a good question. Obviously the church believed what it says in Romans and Corinthians in the New Testament. I would also think that if the gay team really wants to play they can find teams to play against them because I know there are gay teams all over the place. I believe the church has the right to decide who they want to play against. That's their right.

That's not the word of god...that's one guy writing letters to churches with his personal interpretation of what a dead prophet (one he never met, btw) wanted.

I don't hate anyone and I am certainly not a bigot. I simply posted an article and I am getting treated rudely. I came here for a discussion and what I received were rude and mocking posts. Is that how accepting and open minded people such as you and your pals treat people. And you call me a bigot. Hypocrites.

i cal you a bigot because you self evidently have proven so.
you started a rude and mocking thread and now you're upset that the responses have been rude and mocking? this surprises you why, exactly?

I'm not upset. I'm very satisfied. You and your pals have shown your true selves to be hypocrites of the highest order. You mock and ridicule people for their beliefs and expect others to treat you with manners and respect. You're hypocrites.

Tissue?

That is my "culture". Aren't you an open minded and accepting person? Hypocrite.

i'm open minded and i am more than willing to accept you, but i'm also allowed to express my opinion of *christians* like yourself who believe they're behaving as jesus would want by hating. deal with it or don't; you're not my cross to bear, jack.

thank god

I certainly never said you couldn't express your opinion. I have not expressed any hate on this thread at all. You're obviously a very emotional person. I bet you're a queer.

More Christian love, coming atcha, Del.

I'm certain that Paul received a lot of his curriculum from Jesus, yes.

Am I certain that, after 50 yrs or so of preaching, Paul didn't start to put his own spin on things? No. He is only human.

I just can't fathom Christ suggesting we shun anyone.

acx0qp.gif

If Paul put his own spin on scripture then he is a liar. Either Paul's writings are all from God or none of it is. If only part of it is, then Paul's writings are not scripture. Peter said Paul's writings were scripture. http://www.biblelessons.com/paul.html

What did Jesus tell the woman at the well? "Go and sin no more". The bible says homosexuality is a sin. We are all called to repentence. Do you know what repentence means? Turn around and go the other way.

Jesus also gave us God's plan for marriage in Matthew 19:4-6

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

For this reason? What reason? Because they are created male and female they will become one flesh. Complete.

Last edited:
I'm certain that Paul received a lot of his curriculum from Jesus, yes.

Am I certain that, after 50 yrs or so of preaching, Paul didn't start to put his own spin on things? No. He is only human.

I just can't fathom Christ suggesting we shun anyone.

acx0qp.gif

Who said anything about "shunning" anyone? I'm sure if these people would like to attend services at this Baptist church, they would be welcomed. Being represented to the community by them, however, is not appropriate.
"Kicked out" = Shunned.
Are you trying to convince me that this church doesn't want them to participate in their league, for fear that they may appear to condone their lifestyle, but inviting them in to their church wouldn't send the same message??

Guess that would be the "ugly girlfriend commandment"?
Love me in private, but don't be seen with me in public????
:eusa_shhh:

No, idiot, allowing someone to attend your church doesn't indicate condoning their behavior. In case you weren't aware of it, the point of church is to reach out to unsaved sinners, as well as to teach the saved sinners already there how to be better Christians.

And there's nothing "private" about a church service. I'm very sorry you're too thick to tell the difference between "attending services" and "representing to the community" without having a picture drawn for you.

How exactly are you going to invite people to repentence if you refuse to ever be around them?
That is the reason why Jesus was frequently seen in the company of prostitutes and loose women.

Note, that he did not beat them like he beat the crap out of the money changers at the temple.. That would have been funny to see.

Last edited:
Last edited:
That is always a possibility. Bull Dykes make good police officers because they are usually far stronger than the average woman.

Obama thinks Dykes also make good US Supreme Court Justices.

And God thought them important enough to allow His Son to die for them.

Jesus died to save sinners. If Dykes believe they are sinners and repent they will be saved. Would you agree with that or not?

Forum List

Back