Lezbo Softball Team kicked out of Church League

Wow. Another Christian-bashing "My beliefs are so much better than yours" thread. ::yawn::

Church softball league? That would mean it's a completely private group, which means it gets to set any rules it likes, and there's no "right" to be allowed to participate. Therefore, it doesn't matter what any of you tweekos think of whether or not the team wishes to allow this woman to participate. It also doesn't matter what SHE thinks. Their team, their rules. Maybe she ought to consider going and finding a gay-friendly church and playing on THEIR softball team.

I have the sneaking suspicion playing softball isn't really her aim here, though.

Read Romans chapter one.
Okay...

I can do that.

How about Romans 1:21-23
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Couldn't that be directed to the church members for claiming to be wise but, instead, turning someone away rather than taking the opportunity to teach them the Word?
:eusa_shhh:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Wow. Another Christian-bashing "My beliefs are so much better than yours" thread. ::yawn::

Church softball league? That would mean it's a completely private group, which means it gets to set any rules it likes, and there's no "right" to be allowed to participate. Therefore, it doesn't matter what any of you tweekos think of whether or not the team wishes to allow this woman to participate. It also doesn't matter what SHE thinks. Their team, their rules. Maybe she ought to consider going and finding a gay-friendly church and playing on THEIR softball team.

I have the sneaking suspicion playing softball isn't really her aim here, though.

Exactly. No one is stopping her from playing softball.

Read Romans chapter one.
Okay...

I can do that.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Couldn't that be directed to the church members for claiming to be wise but, instead, turning someone away rather than taking the opportunity to teach them the Word?

Why don't you show us how honest you are and quote the part of Romans 1 that I am referring to.

of course you do.

Read Romans chapter one.
Okay...

I can do that.

Why don't you show us how honest you are and quote the part of Romans 1 that I am referring to.

probably because he can't read minds, even small ones like yours.

why don't you man up and show us what scripture your misinterpreting to *prove* your point? it should be instructive.

of course you do.

You'd better believe I do.

1) Why did a softball team made up of "gay AND straight" players decide it wanted to play for a BAPTIST CHURCH? Am I supposed to believe they've never heard of this denomination, and so didn't know that they disapprove of the homosexual lifestyle? It didn't occur to them that a bunch of Baptists - in Tennessee, no less - might object to being represented in this league by a team with homosexuals?

2) There are no opportunities to play community adult softball in the metropolitan Memphis area (Cordova is a suburb of Memphis)? My Web search says otherwise, so why did this group want so badly to play in a CHURCH league? Again, were they unaware that many churches, including the one they wanted to play for, have a problem with the homosexual lifestyle?

3) They get told the SHOCKING news that a Baptist church doesn't want a gay softball team, and they run straight out to complain to the news media about it (The Commercial Appeal which was mentioned in the OP's link story is the premier daily newspaper in the Memphis area)?

It's no more shocking that I'm suspicious of this entire situation than it is that a Baptist church has a problem with homosexuality.

Read Romans chapter one.
Okay...

I can do that.

Was it not true that verse applies to the closed-minded church members?

I'm just doing what you're intending to do....pick and choose verses, out of context, to prove my point.

Chances are you meant this verse:

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
But pulling verses out of context leaves the VERY NEXT VERSE out!!

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Now you're going to say, "See!! That proves my point that God doesn't approve"
That is probably true.

Who wrote the book of Romans? Wasn't it Paul?
I know it wasn't Jesus because He had ascended by then.
I doubt very seriously that it was God.
So I'm pretty sure is was just a lowly man giving his opinion on the subject.

BUT, even then, he didn't say that the ones "given over to depravity" can't or won't be forgiven.
He never said that we shouldn't still try to witness to them.
He never said we shouldn't pray for them.
Did he?

Jack, you really need to worry more about your plank, instead of others' splinters, and quit laying out stumbling blocks.

:eusa_pray:
Amen

Last edited:
Okay...

I can do that.

why don't you man up and show us what scripture your misinterpreting to *prove* your point? it should be instructive.

If you have to ask me where the verses are then your mind is obviously much smaller than mine. Try Romans 1:24-26

Okay...

I can do that.

Was it not true that verse applies to the closed-minded church members?

I'm just doing what you're intending to do....pick and choose verses, out of context, to prove my point.

Chances are you meant this verse:

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
But pulling verses out of context leaves the VERY NEXT VERSE out!!

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Now you're going to say, "See!! That proves my point that God doesn't approve"
That is probably true.

Who wrote the book of Romans? Wasn't it Paul?
I know it wasn't Jesus because He had ascended by then.
I doubt very seriously that it was God.
So I'm pretty sure is was just a lowly man giving his opinion on the subject.

BUT, even then, he didn't say that the ones "given over to depravity" can't or won't be forgiven.
He never said that we shouldn't still try to witness to them.
He never said we shouldn't pray for them.
Did he?

Jack, you really need to worry more about your plank, instead of others' splinters, and quit laying out stumbling blocks.

:eusa_pray:
Amen

Paul stated in the scriptures that he received his words from Jesus and was called to be an apostle from God.

Was he lying?

I'm certain that Paul received a lot of his curriculum from Jesus, yes.

Am I certain that, after 50 yrs or so of preaching, Paul didn't start to put his own spin on things? No. He is only human.

I just can't fathom Christ suggesting we shun anyone.

acx0qp.gif

I don't hate anyone and I am certainly not a bigot. I simply posted an article and I am getting treated rudely. I came here for a discussion and what I received were rude and mocking posts. Is that how accepting and open minded people such as you and your pals treat people. And you call me a bigot. Hypocrites.

Oh shut up with your high and mighty blah blah blah.

Just like you and your ilk on here, you posted this thread witht the title 'Lezbos' to try to stir up shit. You were expecting your 'pals' who think like you, and like to call gays names, to come on here and say "Oh yeah, gays are evil!"
Instead you got called out for what you are, a homophobe.

We've seen your posts in the other 'gay' threads.

I'm sure your comrades will be along soon to agree with you...............don't worry.

Homophobe? I'm not afraid of homos. Whatever gave you that idea? I also have not called any lezbos any names. I also never said gays were evil.

Are you hearing voices?

ummmmm... 'lezbo' IS a name.

:cuckoo:

Am I certain that, after 50 yrs or so of preaching, Paul didn't start to put his own spin on things? No. He is only human.

acx0qp.gif

Who said anything about "shunning" anyone? I'm sure if these people would like to attend services at this Baptist church, they would be welcomed. Being represented to the community by them, however, is not appropriate.

acx0qp.gif

Who said anything about "shunning" anyone? I'm sure if these people would like to attend services at this Baptist church, they would be welcomed. Being represented to the community by them, however, is not appropriate.
"Kicked out" = Shunned.
Are you trying to convince me that this church doesn't want them to participate in their league, for fear that they may appear to condone their lifestyle, but inviting them in to their church wouldn't send the same message??

Guess that would be the "ugly girlfriend commandment"?
Love me in private, but don't be seen with me in public????

If you have to ask me where the verses are then your mind is obviously much smaller than mine. Try Romans 1:24-26

see, that wasn't so hard, was it?

of course, it in no way proves your point, but that was a given. you're a hater, and according to your religion, you've got less chance of being *saved* than i do.

sucks to be you.

of course you do.

You'd better believe I do.

1) Why did a softball team made up of "gay AND straight" players decide it wanted to play for a BAPTIST CHURCH? Am I supposed to believe they've never heard of this denomination, and so didn't know that they disapprove of the homosexual lifestyle? It didn't occur to them that a bunch of Baptists - in Tennessee, no less - might object to being represented in this league by a team with homosexuals?

2) There are no opportunities to play community adult softball in the metropolitan Memphis area (Cordova is a suburb of Memphis)? My Web search says otherwise, so why did this group want so badly to play in a CHURCH league? Again, were they unaware that many churches, including the one they wanted to play for, have a problem with the homosexual lifestyle?

3) They get told the SHOCKING news that a Baptist church doesn't want a gay softball team, and they run straight out to complain to the news media about it (The Commercial Appeal which was mentioned in the OP's link story is the premier daily newspaper in the Memphis area)?

It's no more shocking that I'm suspicious of this entire situation than it is that a Baptist church has a problem with homosexuality.

besides being hateful and intolerant, you obviously can't read for comprehension, either. they had a team in a league that the church ran, they didn't play on the church's team. they didn't want to play for the church. i don't know how they play softball where you live, but one's *lifestyle* really isn't on display during the games. i've never seen the shortstop in any game suddenly throw a liplock on a baserunner.

strike one.

they applied to the league, were accepted, paid their money, and were willing to abide by the leagues rules regarding uniform appearance, behavior and language at the games. whether or not there are other *opportunities* to play softball in the area is completely irrelevant. certainly the church is free to discriminate against homosexuals, just don't try to tell me that god approves of it.

strike two.

as noted above, they were playing in a league that allowed teams NOT associated with church to be members. also as noted above, the church is well within its rights to behave in such an unchristlike fashion. personally, i believe the key teaching of christ is contained in matthew 22: 37-39.

37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Forum List

Back