Lib Mayor of crime-ridden Portland begs Nike to reopen store in black neighborhood

I’m sure it pains a woke company like Nike to close a store in an urban neighborhood and I’m sure they held off for as long as they could. BUT, the numbers told Nike they had to move out due to the financial impact of the theft and losses. Plus, why have a store that is the target of high crime if police are going to ignore every theft under $900.

I’m sure the mayor is panicking in the attempt to keep Nike there because if they leave, it sends a message to other Brand stores not to locate there. That drives down property values and tax revenue.

So when the civic leaders start trying to shake down Nike and other stores for pulling out of urban areas and accusing them of racism, this is the hard conversation that needs to take place.

Although I didn't watch the attached video, I have been reading about this recently. The Nike store has been closed since the fall of 2022 because of the high rate of looting, shoplifting and creating an unsafe environment for employees and patrons. The store cannot be productive because of the criminal activity. In fact, Nike had requested the mayor help with the security concerns, including compensation for in-store officers. Nike's instore security are not permitted to intervene to prevent crimes to property and goods.

Portland slashed their law enforcement budget in 2020, and has been unable to recover since -- why would any sane person want to be in the Portland police department where they are discouraged from intervening and not supported by their leadership?

This is a giant liberal failure

Why bother? Portland does not seem to have a policy of protecting business by prosecuting theft or even a policy to protect business from riot and looting by putting down rioter, looters or even those that wish to set up zones free of law enforcement, if that is what their asshole segment of population wished to do. I do not see why any corporate operated business stays in Portland.

Although I didn't watch the attached video, I have been reading about this recently. The Nike store has been closed since the fall of 2022 because of the high rate of looting, shoplifting and creating an unsafe environment for employees and patrons. The store cannot be productive because of the criminal activity. In fact, Nike had requested the mayor help with the security concerns, including compensation for in-store officers. Nike's instore security are not permitted to intervene to prevent crimes to property and goods.

Portland slashed their law enforcement budget in 2020, and has been unable to recover since -- why would any sane person want to be in the Portland police department where they are discouraged from intervening and not supported by their leadership?
The crimewave is mostly the fault of liberal democrats running the city

Kind of reminds me of a city I lived in in the 70s. There was one grocery store in a poor neighborhood. It was constantly getting robbed, shop lifted etc. During a series of protests and riots, it was burned to the ground. When they announced they weren't going to rebuild in that part of town they outcry was tremendous. The were called racists, elitists etc. just because they didn't want to rebuild a money losing store for people to prey on.

Kind of reminds me of a city I lived in in the 70s. There was one grocery store in a poor neighborhood. It was constantly getting robbed, shop lifted etc. During a series of protests and riots, it was burned to the ground. When they announced they weren't going to rebuild in that part of town they outcry was tremendous. The were called racists, elitists etc. just because they didn't want to rebuild a money losing store for people to prey on.

Black activist and liberal do gooders are famous for that kinda shit.
They cry about food deserts that they themselves brought into being.
I have zero sympathy for these people.
And it of course leaves you wondering why members in the black community dont open stores in those neighborhoods themselves.
Could it be they know better?

I love it when inner city rats have to take a 20 mile public bus round trip to buy a head of lettuce and get their prescriptions filled!!
Dumb is as dumb does.

Black activist and liberal do gooders are famous for that kinda shit.
They cry about food deserts that they themselves brought into being.
I have zero sympathy for these people.
And it of course leaves you wondering why members in the black community dont open stores in those neighborhoods themselves.
Could it be they know better?
In that neighborhood the natives never thought of opening a store

Its why they whites and Jews and Asians

This is a giant liberal failure

I was just in Portland a few months ago, downtown by Grand Central Station looks no better than Skid Row in L.A. ...tents & little forts made of tires, shopping carts and tarps everywhere. For blocks...the air reaks of fentanyl pills burning, kind of smells like a burning tire. Cops drive past lifeless bodies & junkie zombies without a glance. In short, Portland is shit.

I was just in Portland a few months ago, downtown by Grand Central Station looks no better than Skid Row in L.A. ...tents & little forts made of tires, shopping carts and tarps everywhere. For blocks...the air reaks of fentanyl pills burning, kind of smells like a burning tire. Cops drive past lifeless bodies & junkie zombies without a glance. In short, Portland is shit.
Its amazing how libs can take a nice place and turn it into a third world dump

Forum List

Back