Liberal Media- NBC's Brian Williams is NOW under fire

When it suits you and your ilk to DENY that Brian Williams has been considered a "reporter," you blithely deny it.

When it suits you to label him a "reporter," he gets bestowed with that honorific title even if that term has become largely meaningless.

Horseshit. Where have I ever called ANY TV talking head a "reporter"? More to the point, who on this website has railed against TV and the bullshit illusion it represents more than I?

OK then. Don't start something you can't finish.

Shut the fuck up, you dickless idiot. I don't care if you personally called Brian Williams a "reporter." I SAID you "and your ilk." And lots of you brain dead babbling bullshit artists on the left have indeed called him a reporter and defended him AS a reporter.

The political slant of almost every major main stream media news outlet in this Republic is decidedly left of center.

And when the "reporter" known as Brian Williams was discussing this stolen valor stuff, he was DISCUSSING what happened to him in his role as a reporter. So it doesn't matter if he said it on Letterman or repeated it later in a news broadcast designed to honor actual servicemen and women.

Actually it does. The myth was already going around -- and prolly still is -- that all of this had something to do with "dishonest news reporting". As I point out, it isn't news reporting.

Actually, you're still full of shit. NO. It does not matter where Brian Williams was when he made the claims about his service AS a reporter. A nd he DID repeat some of those dishonest claims on the NEWS, too. It was dishonest news reporting but more to my point: it DOES address his LACK of credibility.

I just have to ask, why is it so important to the libs here that Brian Williams remain in his job, when he has definitely been caught embellishing his story about Iraq more than once? Who cares whether he was right or wrong on this one.

I just have to ask, why is it so important to the libs here that Brian Williams remain in his job, when he has definitely been caught embellishing his story about Iraq more than once? Who cares whether he was right or wrong on this one.

Because firing one liar risks bringing down the entire Liar House of Cards.

POGO SAID: ↑

“As I point out, it isn't news reporting.”

Correct.

It represents the perils of conjoining news with entertainment and journalism with celebrity.

POGO SAID: ↑

“As I point out, it isn't news reporting.”

Correct.

It represents the perils of conjoining news with entertainment and journalism with celebrity.
Hannity's show isn't a news show and Hannity is a commentator, not a news reporter.

Ditto that (no pun intended) for Rush and Mark Levin And the same goes for Bill O'Reilly.

HOWEVER, for better or for worse, Brian Williams was packaged under the NEWS division of NBC as their editor in chief and as their NEWS anchor. He has had many a promo about his alleged "reporting."

His utter lack of credibility -- REGARDLESS of where he was when he made shit up and shared his fictional accounts -- does, therefore, matter, too.

Brian Williams, Anchor and Managing Editor, "NBC Nightly News":

Brian Williams is seen by more U.S. television viewers on a daily basis than any other individual. Since taking over as anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News in 2004, he has strengthened the broadcast's position as the most-watched newscast in all of television and has become the most highly decorated evening news anchor of the modern era. He has received eleven Edward R. Murrow Awards, twelve Emmy Awards, the duPont-Columbia University Award, the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism and the industry’s highest honor, the George Foster Peabody Award....

Brian Williams - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams - About Us NBC News

This sure looks like they think he's a News Guy, not a Commentator or Entertainer.

Time for an update on this liberal scum. Looks like we may get our wish and BW gets added to the roles of the unemployed :banana:

-Geaux

Tom Brokaw wants Brian Williams fired Page Six

You know you’re in trouble when Tom Brokaw is out for your blood.

NBC’s most revered journalist is furious that Brian Williams is still in the anchor chair after he sheepishly admitted he hadn’t traveled on a helicopter hit by enemy fire.

“Brokaw wants Williams’ head on a platter,” an NBC source said. “He is making a lot of noise at NBC that a lesser journalist or producer would have been immediately fired or suspended for a false report.”
But you just told us that Williams won't be fired, but rather praised, by his lying liberal colleagues. Make up your mind already, mouth breather.

Um, Brain Williams is a liar like Obama. Hows that?

-Geaux
Ummm you're an idiot

Obama got the "Lie of the Year " award and Williams admitted he lied. The only idiot in this conversation is you.
Douche nozzle, you said Williams would get a free pass, then posted about Brokaw not giving him a free pass. You need to catch up

I thought he would get a raise, but it looks like I was wrong. I didn't post anything about Brokaw suckface.

I%2Bdon%27t%2Balways%2Blie.jpg

STILL more.... this is Bourbon Street, which is completely inside the French Quarter:

2005-9-2-la53575594.jpg

A woman crosses flooded Bourbon Street in the French Quarter August 31, 2005 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Scott Morgan/Getty Images)
from here

In order for a body to "float by" there has to be a current....few streets develop a current because the water is going into sewer holes....this pic shows no bodies "floating by" nor have any others....this woman in ankle deep water.....FAIL!

As I noted waaaaay back in this thread, Brian Williams isn't a "reporter" or "journalist", regardless what he or his employer or his competitors call it. These aren't "reporters"-- they're actors.

:confused-84: This is maybe the dumbest thing I've read on USMB...you clearly know nothing about network news anchors, what they do before they go on air, who decides what goes on and what doesn't, how they got to where they are. Why not admit you don't know shit about anything and this whole schtick you do is strictly to infuriate people who can't get their hands on you?

For him to be considered credible on his news program, I would assume he would need to be credible when interviewed by others, since he is the managing editor. I don't know anyone that would consider that moot, other than your statement here.
To your second point-
the study found ABC's "World News Tonight" and NBC's "Nightly News" (with Brian Williams) to be left of center. All three outlets were approximately equidistant from the center, the report found.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664To your first point-

Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.

Still no objective, documented proof from the right that the media are 'liberal,' that Williams is a 'liberal,' or that a single individual is 'representative' of the entire group to which he belongs.

This is kind of a moot point here. IIRC neither the Katrina story nor the helicopter story was part of a newscast.

"Managing editor" is the equivalent of "executive producer". It means you get your name in lights, not that you get your hands dirty. Any such show has a producer who does the real work -- you can find his or her name in the credits if you read real fast -- but a Brian Williams is hired to be the "face". And let's be real-- you don't get to be the "face" unless you look good in a suit, have a commanding voice and know how to read a script like an actor, which is basically what a talking head is.

Last edited:
When it suits you and your ilk to DENY that Brian Williams has been considered a "reporter," you blithely deny it.

When it suits you to label him a "reporter," he gets bestowed with that honorific title even if that term has become largely meaningless.

Horseshit. Where have I ever called ANY TV talking head a "reporter"? More to the point, who on this website has railed against TV and the bullshit illusion it represents more than I?

OK then. Don't start something you can't finish.

Shut the fuck up, you dickless idiot. I don't care if you personally called Brian Williams a "reporter." I SAID you "and your ilk." And lots of you brain dead babbling bullshit artists on the left have indeed called him a reporter and defended him AS a reporter.

Ah yes, the old Hasty Generalization/Composition Double Fallacy. We already covered that.
Good to see some wags are original as always.

:rolleyes:

The political slant of almost every major main stream media news outlet in this Republic is decidedly left of center.

And when the "reporter" known as Brian Williams was discussing this stolen valor stuff, he was DISCUSSING what happened to him in his role as a reporter. So it doesn't matter if he said it on Letterman or repeated it later in a news broadcast designed to honor actual servicemen and women.

Actually it does. The myth was already going around -- and prolly still is -- that all of this had something to do with "dishonest news reporting". As I point out, it isn't news reporting.

Actually, you're still full of shit. NO. It does not matter where Brian Williams was when he made the claims about his service AS a reporter. A nd he DID repeat some of those dishonest claims on the NEWS, too. It was dishonest news reporting but more to my point: it DOES address his LACK of credibility.

Link?

Doesn't mean squat to me. I don't even own a TV. I just came to call bullshit on the Advocate saying there was "no flooding in the Quarter". Because I know better.

Forum List

Back