"Liberal" teachers are condescending

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Ive noticed that college professors who are liberal are condescending towards their students while conservative teachers are not. An example is when a particular student is as bright or brighter than they are (it happens a lot). They do not engage these students or do they bother to answer their in depth questions that require a more thought out answer. They are more likely to reply with the attitude of I am the professor and you are the dumb college student so think as I think. Conservative professors seem to respect their students abilities more and are more likely to think out their an answer to a students question or at least allow their students some free range in their thought process. It is just something I notice.

Ive noticed that college professors who are liberal are condescending towards their students while conservative teachers are not. An example is when a particular student is as bright or brighter than they are (it happens a lot). They do not engage these students or do they bother to answer their in depth questions that require a more thought out answer. They are more likely to reply with the attitude of I am the professor and you are the dumb college student so think as I think. Conservative professors seem to respect their students abilities more and are more likely to think out their an answer to a students question or at least allow their students some free range in their thought process. It is just something I notice.
They aren't there to change your wet pants or make you feel good. Buck up bucko.

Maybe that explains why college grads are living with parents and flipping burgers for spending money.

You don't have to go too far to see this condescending attitude! Start in the Oval Office!

“I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,”
“It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.”
“I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,”
I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors.
And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

And not only condescending but messianic !
Upon his nomination Obama said:
"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

Another right wing "Einstein', or should I say "Sigmund Freud"

You don't have to go too far to see this condescending attitude! Start in the Oval Office!

“I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,”
And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
That wouldn't be the same as, "I've got a pen and a phone", would it?

Condescending to students is neither liberal nor conservative phenomena. I have had both types, I have friends who are both types, and most like to condescend to lesser being (like students).

Instead of all of these liberal professors actually teaching kids useful skills in life they decide to attempt to brainwash them by only listening to those that agree with the teacher and pretending those that don't agree are stupid either directly or through the grades they give them. They would rather discuss homos, trannys, abortion, and evolution than how to survive in today's world/get a job.

Actually the brain washing comes from the far right colleges and universities.

Actually the brain washing comes from the far right colleges and universities.
I've never been to one of those but the ones doing the brainwashing I went to weren't private so they should not be doing any brainwashing at all. They don't even allow arguments to be made for the side against gays. They literally just force you to answer questions the way they think. Such stupid commie libs.

Because they disagreed with you does not make them brain washers. sm, it is OK to disagree.

Because they disagreed with you does not make them brain washers. sm, it is OK to disagree.
It's not about disagreeing. It's about the systematical destruction of free thought. They don't even let you express your opinion or punish you for it. That's brainwashing. When you have to go through 4 years of it to get any sort of decent job now days they shouldn't be so discriminatory.

It's called micro management....

It's not about disagreeing. It's about the systematical destruction of free thought. They don't even let you express your opinion or punish you for it. That's brainwashing. When you have to go through 4 years of it to get any sort of decent job now days they shouldn't be so discriminatory.
Ah, so now you are the victim of education....oh my....

Forum List

Back