Liberals Are Ruining Sports

The media is basically liberal because it is run by educated people.

Nice to see an admission about the political leanings of the media, most of the time it's intellectually dishonest denials. Thanks for that.

And yes, I'd agree with the "more educated" claim. The problem is (a) they were most likely educated by very liberal institutions, and (b) the volume of "education" a person receives doesn't predict intelligence, common sense or honesty. I remember several "professional students" at college who were essentially worthless.

I've always found those who proclaim to be so much smarter than those they hate usually end up being the dumbest fuckers you could ever meet.

Nice to see an admission about the political leanings of the media, most of the time it's intellectually dishonest denials. Thanks for that.

And yes, I'd agree with the "more educated" claim. The problem is (a) they were most likely educated by very liberal institutions, and (b) the volume of "education" a person receives doesn't predict intelligence, common sense or honesty. I remember several "professional students" at college who were essentially worthless.

I've always found those who proclaim to be so much smarter than those they hate usually end up being the dumbest fuckers you could ever meet.

I guess this is an example of the people that you associate with.

Last edited:

Universities are also run by educated people. There you go.
sticker,375x360.png

I'm no sure why you are saying this is a liberal-conservative divide.

Are you by any chance saying that conservatives support cheating, crime, etc.?
No, he's not.

What he's saying is that he's tired of chickenshit like political correctness in team names (i.e. Fighting Sioux), getting preached to about Goebbels warming and breast cancer as actual parts of the games and their reportage, trying to hijack the NFL to propagandize for purely political purposes (Obolshevikcare), banning chewing tobacco, the insistence that athletes pretend to not have human failings because some kids might foolishly idolize them, etcetera.

And I'm plenty tired of it too.

Although that shade of pink looks good on the Seahawks uni........anything to bring some color to those damned things.

Marshawn Lynch looked good in pink.

espn-sportscenter-bias-arod-yankees.gif

Yes, liberals are ruining sports in America.

Used to be you could count on an escape from all of the nonsense and politics when you tune into ESPN or listen to sports on the radio. Now all we hear is when will Arod get suspended for taking PEDs. I stopped watching Major League Baseball when I came to the realization that only certain teams have a chance of winning. Why watch it when you know your team has no chance?

Sports is supposed to be an escape from reality. Unfortunately there are liberals in journalism, and they seem to think that we care more about what's wrong with sports than what's right about it.

You would hope that they would check their cynical natures at the door and just report the news, but instead they feel we want to hear their opinions about their ideology.

Last year we had to listen to a spiel on gun violence during half-time. This year the White House tried to talk the NFL into advertizing for Obamacare, and thankfully they rejected it. College football is being flooded with politically correct commentators that are going to ruin the game. Nobody wants to hear their BS. We just want to hear about who our team got in free-agency. Who's loaded for a good run this season? We aren't interested in hearing how all of the progressives that are taking over broadcasting are worried about head injuries. Spare us. Just friggen spare us. Let us enjoy something in our lives without having to deal with your bogus Bull Shit, alright??

Taking wrestling out the Olympics is a great example of it, running backs not being able to duck their head between the tackles is pretty lame too.

Chicago Fans Cheer After A-Rod Hit By Pitch; Joe Girardi Miffed « CBS New York

did anyone see where the Shitcago BB fans cheered when the druggie a-rod got hit by a pitch ?

I guess this is an example of the people that you associate with.

We isn't ivy league smarts but we does awrights.

did anyone see where the Shitcago BB fans cheered when the druggie a-rod got hit by a pitch ?

Classless.

Not that I want to decipher Wildman's rants, but is he upset that the Sox fans cheered A-Rod getting hit or that A-Rod was a druggie?

(More of a Cubs fan myself, but I'm just indulging my inner masochist.)

Yeah he is.

After all -- he's a Wankee.

When judged in his peer group, AROD is non remarkable in terms of cheating. Cheering an injury is classless.

Yeah yeah I know. I don't think he was "injured" at all and I don't think that's what they were cheering. If he booted a ground ball in the field they'd be jeering too. So would I.

Injured was too strong a word I suppose.

Sports has been big business for 86 years now.
That fact is 86 years older than any imagined joke.
Babe Ruth made $70,000 a year in 1927.

No, he's not.

What he's saying is that he's tired of chickenshit like political correctness in team names (i.e. Fighting Sioux), getting preached to about Goebbels warming and breast cancer as actual parts of the games and their reportage, trying to hijack the NFL to propagandize for purely political purposes (Obolshevikcare), banning chewing tobacco, the insistence that athletes pretend to not have human failings because some kids might foolishly idolize them, etcetera.

And I'm plenty tired of it too.

Although that shade of pink looks good on the Seahawks uni........anything to bring some color to those damned things.

gaydar.gif

4cdbcd1070e75-gaydar.jpg.gif

Sports has been big business for 86 years now.
That fact is 86 years older than any imagined joke.
Babe Ruth made $70,000 a year in 1927.

Then it's been growing exponentially since then, because that's "only" $939,383.91 in 2013 dollars. That much buys a bench player now.

Interesting page on (baseball) team efficiency, cost per home run, etc here.

gaydar.gif

4cdbcd1070e75-gaydar.jpg.gif

Lynch is a thug, a little bit of humor.
Old timer trench joke there similar to "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

Oh, I know......I'm not judging.

Yesterday Spoonman posted this pic of himself:

3-070813180509-157551346.jpeg

I posted a smart-alec comment "I see you've got wood".

Immediately I got reamed.

"Why don't you go play with his wood.....nanner, nanner, naa, naa, naa!!!"

It's all in good clean fun.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back