The Trump tax cuts are set to expire, even NPR admits that means higher taxes for all taxpayers, not just wealthy ones.

"I do not recognize my party. I have something to say to those of us who are in the middle: You don’t owe a damn thing to that party. You don’t owe anything to a party that is out of touch and hell-bent on taking us backward.

And by all means, you owe no loyalty to a candidate who is morally and ethically bankrupt. In the spirit of the great Senator John McCain, please join me in putting country over party and stopping Donald Trump."

- John Giles, Republican Mayor of Mesa

"I do not recognize my party. I have something to say to those of us who are in the middle: You don’t owe a damn thing to that party. You don’t owe anything to a party that is out of touch and hell-bent on taking us backward.

And by all means, you owe no loyalty to a candidate who is morally and ethically bankrupt. In the spirit of the great Senator John McCain, please join me in putting country over party and stopping Donald Trump."

- John Giles, Republican Mayor of Mesa
:right:
What is the point of posting a blab by one moronic Trump-basher ? :rolleyes:

When have Democrats ever done that?

I remember Bill Clinton running on a tax cut for the middle class.

Instead, he did this:

Asking American to 'Face Facts,' Clinton Presents Plan to Raise Taxes, Cut Deficit
By Ruth Marcus and Ann Devroy
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, February 18, 1993; Page A01

President Clinton yesterday presented a four-year blueprint for reinvigorating the American economy, pairing one of the largest tax increases in history with significant deficit reductions, new government spending to create jobs and a promise of fairness for the middle class.

Clinton introduced his long-awaited economic plan to Congress and the American people in an hour-long State of the Union Address that also promoted a grab bag of other proposals – from health care to gun control to campaign finance reform – as part of his vision of "a new direction" for the nation.

"This economic plan can't please everybody," Clinton said at the end of his address when he returned to what aides had said would be virtually its only focus. "If the package is picked apart, there'll be something that will anger each of us and won't please anybody. But, if it is taken as a whole it will help all of us."

He urged Congress and the nation to resist "the temptation to focus only on a particular spending cut you don't like or some particular investment that wasn't made – and nobody likes the tax increases – but let's just face facts. For 20 years through administrations of both parties, incomes have stalled and debt has exploded and productivity has not grown as it should. We cannot deny the reality of our condition. We have got to play the hand we were dealt and play it as best we can."

The package features a four-year, $493 billion plan evenly divided between tax increases and spending cuts, including a freeze on the pay of federal workers next year and lower raises than scheduled in the following years.

Just like he knew, and all conservatives knew he would. Only his voters believed him.

Then Hillary used the same tired tactic in 2016, and Democratic voters dutifully fell for it.
That letter was a preamble to the greatest achievement in Clinton's presidential career, balancing the budget deficit and addressing the national debt! He set his administration and guided congress in to balancing the budget from the moment he took office.

That letter was a preamble to the greatest achievement in Clinton's presidential career, balancing the budget deficit and addressing the national debt! He set his administration and guided congress in to balancing the budget from the moment he took office.
No bad for a serial killer. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back