Liberals Cause Their Own Homeless Problem

What you've described is the usual circulation of money throughout an economy. Investments are made, money is spent, people are paid, people spend, and so on. Nothing new here, except maybe some 'new money' is introduced into the process.

You're the one who sounds cynical and disillusioned. When the wage earner has his pay in hand it's his to do with what he chooses. No one is forcing him to return it to the top.

You just ignored everything I said. The money is saved, and investments are made in speculative trading, not in the parts of the economy that benefit the working class in the areas I mentioned. When we adequately taxed the rich, back in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, the working class (94% of the population), had a higher standard of living. You can deny it, but anyone can do their own research and they'll find that the golden age of our economy was when the highest tax rate was set at 90%.

Society doesn't need to allow any of its members to have millions or billions of dollars. Be grateful.

The gross inequality that we have today eventually leads to social unrest and war. You wealthy folks end up losing everything. I'm a millionaire, I live in my own palace here in the upper west side of Manhattan (and yes I work with the homeless through my church). I know how the wealthy think and how they invest their money. You can't fool me, I'm well aware of how the ruling-class spend their wealth, because they're my friends, acquaintances, business partners and competitors (I also know how I spend it). I know the nature of the beast, because I'm one of the wolves. A wolf with the burden of a conscience, who loves this country.

The working-class must be protected, they're the backbone of our economy, not us.

NGP.png

1111111111.png

Last edited:
I addressed everything you said but you completely ignored it. You read a few lines and started firing.
You threw a lot of stuff against the wall but drug addiction was the only thing that stuck

Legalizing drugs changes nothing for the better

At least maintaining their criminal status gives government the authority to force them into rehab

And giving them welfare is a waste of time

You just ignored everything I said. The money is saved, and investments are made in speculative trading, not in the parts of the economy that benefit the working class in the areas I mentioned. When we adequately taxed the rich, back in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, the working class (94% of the population), had a higher standard of living. You can deny it, but anyone can do their own research and they'll find that the golden age of our economy was when the highest tax rate was set at 90%.

Society doesn't need to allow any of its members to have millions or billions of dollars. Be grateful.

The gross inequality that we have today eventually leads to social unrest and war. You wealthy folks end up losing everything. I'm a millionaire, I live in my own palace here in the upper west side of Manhattan (and yes I work with the homeless through my church). I know how the wealthy think and how they invest their money. You can't fool me, I'm well aware of how the ruling-class spend their wealth, because they're my friends, acquaintances, business partners and competitors (I also know how I spend it). I know the nature of the beast, because I'm one of the wolves. A wolf with the burden of a conscience, who loves this country.

The working-class must be protected, they're the backbone of our economy, not us.

I think we're talking about two different financial worlds that don't come in contact with each other, aren't we?
How do those investments you mentioned negatively impact the working class?

You threw a lot of stuff against the wall but drug addiction was the only thing that stuck

Legalizing drugs changes nothing for the better

At least maintaining their criminal status gives government the authority to force them into rehab

And giving them welfare is a waste of time

Criminalizing drug addiction makes the situation worse for everyone. You make it more difficult for the addicts to get the help they need to get off the drugs and become law-abiding, productive members of society. Burdening them with a criminal record comes with a host of socioeconomic problems and obstacles that will prevent them from being fully restored to normalcy. There's no benefit to anyone when we prosecute and incarcerate addicts.

There's no need to maintain the "criminal status" of drug addicts, to adjudicate them into drug rehab or psychiatric care. The authority comes by passing legislation that legally allows the authorities, law enforcement, to detain and admit these people into the institutions that will best meet their needs. I would call this, Operation Tough Love. OTL.

Providing them with what you derogatorily call "welfare" (adequate housing, food, medical care, case management, vocational-job training.etc), is cheaper and required to solve the problem. We have to create a platform or foundation upon which these people can build a new and better life for themselves, their families, and communities. To do otherwise is much more expensive.

Last edited:
It’s a myth homelessness is primarily a problem in blue states — areas with an abundance of services available to people who won’t help themselves. This falsehood is related to the belief homeless people in a particular area aren’t local. In reality, homelessness touches every part of the United States, from urban to rural areas, from the coast to the mountains, from blue states to red states. Unhoused people may not be visible, but they are in your community.

California, Oregon, New York, and the cities within them receive significant attention regarding reporting on the homelessness crisis. But these blue states aren’t the only places with many residents experiencing homelessness. Here’s a list of the top 15 states with the highest number of unhoused people:

1. California: 161,548
  2. New York: 91,271
  3. Florida: 27,487
  4. Texas: 27,229
  5. Washington: 22,923
  6. Massachusetts: 17,975
  7. Oregon: 14,655
  8. Pennsylvania: 13,375
  9. Arizona: 10,979
  10. Ohio: 10,655
  11. Illinois: 10,431
  12. Georgia: 10,234
  13. Colorado: 9,846
  14. New Jersey: 9,662
  15. North Carolina: 9,280
  16. Debunking Myths: Homelessness is a blue state problem - Pallet Shelter
wow cali and ng are loaded with homeless…they are blue aren’t they? sounds like they are four times more then the 3 and 4th…and 10x as much as some of the folks rounding out the top ten.

looks like a blue state problem

I think we're talking about two different financial worlds that don't come in contact with each other, aren't we?
How do those investments you mentioned negatively impact the working class?

No, we're not. Read what I wrote, it answers your question. You don't have to admit it, it's OK. I don't respond to your posts to convince you of anything, because I know that's impossible. I do this for others who genuinely seek the truth. Go ahead keep pretending I didn't already answer your question.

All my money is available for loans to middle and lower-class folks. I own no stocks or bonds.

No, we're not. Read what I wrote, it answers your question. You don't have to admit it, it's OK. I don't respond to your posts to convince you of anything, because I know that's impossible. I do this for others who genuinely seek the truth. Go ahead keep pretending I didn't already answer your question.
I have read many articles on the pros and cons of trickle down economics. None of it make any sense to me at all as the authors fail to reveal where the money went. They fail utterly to "Follow the Money". Generally speaking, after a transaction has taken place, the money is long gone.

I think any damage done by the rich is mitigated by the sheer amount of taxes they pay. That said it's up to the government to spend that revenue for the benefit of the middle-class economy.

Last edited:
I made most of my money from a rental property I held for 18 years. I was in a bond fund for a while but it made me so nervous I baled. I've never owned a stock of any kind. I also have received over $350,000 in SS payments, all of which has been invested in interest bearing instruments.

We have to be truthful or there's no point in discussing anything.

Forum List

Back