Liberals have declared that people who are drunk can't give consent to sex

The issue isn't nuance. The issue is drunken hookup sex is being called rape or assault after the fact, and college men are being expelled over it. Cases where the guy slipped a girl a mickey or had sex with a passed out girl are easy to figure out. Its rape.

But when two drunk people wake up next to each other with fuzzy memories, it seems women can remove consent after the fact if they feel like it.

'it seems'- well if that doesn't prove your point- I don't know what could......

There are plenty of cases out there. Check FIRE's website for particular examples. Most of them boil down to: People have sex while drunk, woman regrets this later, then claims it was non-consensual.

How many cases?

How many cases of those are a man who is less drunk, having sex with a woman who is blind drunk and was clearly unable to give consent?

I started off in this thread by pointing out that Blackrook's 'proof' was nothing more than a list of Google searches- almost all to blogs- almost all by men claiming that this is the real problem- without any substantiation.

From what I have seen- if two people are equally inebriated and have sex- it is either rape to both of them, or neither of them.

Can people who are 'drunk' give consent? Maybe- because 'drunk' is a rather broad term- ranging from passed out- to stumbling blind drunk to tipsy but too drunk to drive.

"Liberals' have decided that getting a woman so drunk that she cannot legally consent to have sex is indeed rape.

"Conservatives" appear to find that objectionable.
is drunk drunk? what is the difference if both are drunk, are you saying that the man is a more informed drunk?

No- I am saying the person may be considered to be drunk- but not so drunk as to be excused from raping a more drunk person

Can people who are 'drunk' give consent? Maybe- because 'drunk' is a rather broad term- ranging from passed out- to stumbling blind drunk to tipsy but too drunk to drive.

"Liberals' have decided that getting a woman so drunk that she cannot legally consent to have sex is indeed rape.

"Conservatives" appear to find that objectionable.[
how do you determine drunk?

Again you're saying that women have no morals about them to control their own drinking habits. Funny shit sherlock.

'it seems'- well if that doesn't prove your point- I don't know what could......

There are plenty of cases out there. Check FIRE's website for particular examples. Most of them boil down to: People have sex while drunk, woman regrets this later, then claims it was non-consensual.

How many cases?

How many cases of those are a man who is less drunk, having sex with a woman who is blind drunk and was clearly unable to give consent?

I started off in this thread by pointing out that Blackrook's 'proof' was nothing more than a list of Google searches- almost all to blogs- almost all by men claiming that this is the real problem- without any substantiation.

From what I have seen- if two people are equally inebriated and have sex- it is either rape to both of them, or neither of them.

"Conservatives" appear to find that objectionable.
is drunk drunk? what is the difference if both are drunk, are you saying that the man is a more informed drunk?

No- I am saying the person may be considered to be drunk- but not so drunk as to be excused from raping a more drunk person

"Conservatives" appear to find that objectionable.[
how do you determine drunk?

Again you're saying that women have no morals about them to control their own drinking habits. Funny shit sherlock.

Again you are saying that it is okay to rape drunk women.

The presumption that when a drunk man and a drunk woman have sex, the man has committed rape, is sexist and paternalistic.

If women want equal rights, then they need to abolish laws that unfairly treat them like the "weaker sex."
Rape is all about consent and that boils down to who the jury chooses to believe. This is one of the primary reason why only 36% of rapes are reported according to Bureau of Justice Statistics. And of those that get reported only 1/3 result in arrests and only a 1/4 of those are convicted. This means a rapist has only a 3% chance of being convicted. If we change our laws, we might get that down to 1%. Wouldn't that be great.

Forum List

Back