Liberals need to change their language

There's no such thing as clean coal, and the Keystone XL pipeline is unnecessary and a colossal environmental risk. The oil companies want more profits so they're using the line that the EPA is hurting jobs by not letting them build the pipeline and Republican voters are buying that lie because they don't have any idea what the issue is.

More jobs will be created by the Federal legalization of marijuana than by building another oil pipeline.

:lmao: I can't wait to read the explanation to this "logic".....

What logic?

I've seen looney liberals fight the Keystone pipeline because "they know" it will pollute the entire planet and "they don't" drive a car themselves....but I've never seen a looney liberal claim the pipeline should never be built since the workers will have to find new work when it is complete......good gawd almighty!

Deepwater Horizon polluted the planet, Fukushima polluted the planet, Freedom Industries, Inc. polluted the planet, Exxon Valdez polluted the planet, all of the depleted uranium fired by the US military is polluting the planet, all of the plastic trash accumulating in the oceans is polluting the planet, all of the factories full of wage-slaves in China that make American consumer shit are polluting the planet, so yes, Keystone XL pipeline will eventually pollute the planet, so not building the pipeline will prevent the pipeline from polluting the planet.

It isn't difficult to understand.

The EPA doesn't actually move jobs overseas. Corporate greed moves jobs overseas because they want to pay far less to exploited foreign workers who aren't protected by America's laws.

Aside from that, Nixon created the EPA which Republicans say moves jobs overseas, and America legalized "Marihuana" during World War II which replaced foreign imports and brought jobs back to America, so why do Republicans support Nixon's War on Drugs with "Marihuana" as the number one target?

If we legalize "Marijuana" again like we did during World War II, then manufacturing jobs will come back to America like they did during World War II.

I might have a toke tonite myself, and I hope that's the reason this wild flight of imagination entered your thread of logic. Or your joking, please, please come up with some reasonable response. You're in danger of tainting all of our arguments for an equitable society with this blather.

SB

Deepwater Horizon polluted the planet, Fukushima polluted the planet, Freedom Industries, Inc. polluted the planet, Exxon Valdez polluted the planet, all of the depleted uranium fired by the US military is polluting the planet, all of the plastic trash accumulating in the oceans is polluting the planet, all of the factories full of wage-slaves in China that make American consumer shit are polluting the planet, so yes, Keystone XL pipeline will eventually pollute the planet, so not building the pipeline will prevent the pipeline from polluting the planet.

Careful there boy, reversing gears that quickly can cause internal damage to the transmission. :nono::nono::nono:

The entire planet???:eusa_whistle:

How come you are still alive? Are you a cockroach?

Oh call msnbc that the entire planet has been polluted, I bet that explains Al not so Sharpton's weight loss.

Im telling you the whole game would be over for the Rs if we just told everyone about their cheating in elections records.

The corporate media wont let it out

Im telling you the whole game would be over for the Rs if we just told everyone about their cheating in elections records.

You're doing a fine job with that...
I think I have seen you mention that maybe once or twice this weekend.... :tongue:

There's no such thing as clean coal, and the Keystone XL pipeline is unnecessary and a colossal environmental risk. The oil companies want more profits so they're using the line that the EPA is hurting jobs by not letting them build the pipeline and Republican voters are buying that lie because they don't have any idea what the issue is.

More jobs will be created by the Federal legalization of marijuana than by building another oil pipeline.

What logic?
Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

This is a job. "Producer of Marihuana". All we have to do is legalize it again.

Hemp is grown by American workers, then shipped by American workers to American factories where more American workers turn the hemp into thousands of different American-made products, ranging from cellophane to dynamite. The cost of raw materials will plummet due to machinery being available to process hemp at a rate that is faster and less expensive than importing the same raw materials from Asia. This is how America was self-sufficient during World War II.

Vote Hemp: Why Hemp?: New Billion-Dollar Crop
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngc0_mQ5tjE]Hemp For Victory (1942) U.S. Department of Agriculture - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKDTfQMhfg]Henry Ford's Hemp Plastic Car (1941) - YouTube[/ame]

The US government is lying to the American people about everything, but people still believe the government when they tell us that "Marihuana" is dangerous? "Marihuana" is not dangerous. The Shafer Commission said so in 1972 and that's why Nixon started the war on drugs. The US Federal government is lying to us. We can bring manufacturing back to America by ending marijuana prohibition.

You responded to half my post KGB.
What about the pro-wealth regulations that unfairly give the 10% massive influence compared to the average hard-working American?

Yes....we believe KNB has destroyed its one brain cell with mary jane.....

Okay. So the US winning World War II isn't enough to convince you that marijuana should be legalized. How about this?:

Let's pretend that the US Federal government currently spends at least $20 billion every single year trying and failing miserably to outlaw "marijuana", meanwhile we have video evidence from nearly 80 years ago of the all-American Ford Motor Company building an American car in an American factory out of "Marihuana". So in my witless stoner brain, I think that the US Federal government should instead spend that $20 billion each year on paying American workers in American factories to make American cars out of American weed.

Just like the Ford Motor Company did in the United States of America. Do you remember the United States of America? We used to grow a lot of pot before assholes made it illegal to protect certain other industries.

Last edited:

What logic?
Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

This is a job. "Producer of Marihuana". All we have to do is legalize it again.

Hemp is grown by American workers, then shipped by American workers to American factories where more American workers turn the hemp into thousands of different American-made products, ranging from cellophane to dynamite. The cost of raw materials will plummet due to machinery being available to process hemp at a rate that is faster and less expensive than importing the same raw materials from Asia. This is how America was self-sufficient during World War II.

Vote Hemp: Why Hemp?: New Billion-Dollar Crop
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngc0_mQ5tjE]Hemp For Victory (1942) U.S. Department of Agriculture - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKDTfQMhfg]Henry Ford's Hemp Plastic Car (1941) - YouTube[/ame]

The US government is lying to the American people about everything, but people still believe the government when they tell us that "Marihuana" is dangerous? "Marihuana" is not dangerous. The Shafer Commission said so in 1972 and that's why Nixon started the war on drugs. The US Federal government is lying to us. We can bring manufacturing back to America by ending marijuana prohibition.

Hemp and the shit you are evidently smoking are different varieties of the plant, but you are high (pun intended) if you think raising hemp will bring manufacturing back to the US. Most of our cotton crop is exported and processed into finished goods and re-imported, the same would happen with hemp. But the one thing you don't seem to have a grasp on is if hemp were such a great raw material other countries would grow it, process it and export the products to the US. Like I said you will likely understand by the time you get out of Jr. High school.

Last edited:
The system protects owners and investors of large corporation through subsidies and trade policies that allow one group of Americans to profit off shipping the jobs of another group of Americans to freedom-hating nations like China and Taiwan. This is government's way of redistributing income upwards. But it gets worse: most of these large corporations exploit loopholes and the legislative powers of their Washington puppets in order to pay zero taxes. Couple this with the fact that the wealthy only pay 15% on their main source of income, capital gains. Meaning: the family making only 75k pay more in taxes than their wealthy counterparts. And whenever shit goes wrong with the economy, guess who gets bailed out?

Point is: everybody knows that wealth gets redistributed upwards. The problem with liberals is that they have been unable to make these arguments.

argument is the best way to counter the Orwellian meme of the prophets of Wealth who have stood the American dream on its head and convinced a large segment of the population to drink the Kool-aid.

The system protects owners and investors of large corporation through subsidies and trade policies that allow one group of Americans to profit off shipping the jobs of another group of Americans to freedom-hating nations like China and Taiwan. This is government's way of redistributing income upwards. But it gets worse: most of these large corporations exploit loopholes and the legislative powers of their Washington puppets in order to pay zero taxes. Couple this with the fact that the wealthy only pay 15% on their main source of income, capital gains. Meaning: the family making only 75k pay more in taxes than their wealthy counterparts. And whenever shit goes wrong with the economy, guess who gets bailed out?

Point is: everybody knows that wealth gets redistributed upwards. The problem with liberals is that they have been unable to make these arguments.

argument is the best way to counter the Orwellian meme of the prophets of Wealth who have stood the American dream on its head and convinced a large segment of the population to drink the Kool-aid.

America is truly inoculated against revolutionary thought. We are probably the most easily distracted mass of humanity in the world, we get mad about things but never mind that shit, look at the 500 channels of glorious corporate propaganda that gets pumped into our homes. A month without TV would have us all erecting a gallows on Wall Street.

But the one thing you don't seem to have a grasp on is if hemp were such a great raw material other countries would grow it, process it and export the products to the US. Like I said you will likely understand by the time you get our of Jr. High school.
Other countries are growing it. Russians are growing it at Chernobyl to clean radioactive pollution from the soil. England is growing it and making cars out of it. Look up the 2010 Lotus Eco Elise. Germany is growing it and doing well. But the country that is doing the best is China. China grows $500 million worth of hemp products which are imported to the US. $500m a year. $500m leaving our economy and going to China for the same plant fibers that our DEA spends $20 BILLION a year to cut down and burn. We can keep that money in our economy without putting more people in prison, costing the taxpayers even more, if we legalize it and charge an appropriate tax, just like we did to win World War II.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32725.pdf

Hemp and Marijuana are Cannabis Sativa Linneus. 99% of the "Marijuana" destroyed by the US Federal government each year is wild hemp. Industrial hemp is the real target of Marijuana prohibition. Marijuana the drug is not dangerous because it has not killed anyone, ever. Not one overdose, ever. The science is in. It was in a long time ago. Nixon appointed the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse in 1972 to determine just how dangerous Marijuana is. The report of the Shafer Commission concluded that Marijuana is not dangerous and that Marijuana should be legalized, and the War on Drugs has escalated every year since.

Americans who grew marijuana in 1942 were called patriots. Now we're called criminals. Go fuck yourselves, GOP.

It has been pointed out many times in many threads that the stuff you smoke is NOT the industrial hemp you are touting. Legalizing your high will NOT bring manufacturing back to save the middle class.

But the one thing you don't seem to have a grasp on is if hemp were such a great raw material other countries would grow it, process it and export the products to the US. Like I said you will likely understand by the time you get our of Jr. High school.
Other countries are growing it. Russians are growing it at Chernobyl to clean radioactive pollution from the soil. England is growing it and making cars out of it. Look up the 2010 Lotus Eco Elise. Germany is growing it and doing well. But the country that is doing the best is China. China grows $500 million worth of hemp products which are imported to the US. $500m a year. $500m leaving our economy and going to China for the same plant fibers that our DEA spends $20 BILLION a year to cut down and burn. We can keep that money in our economy without putting more people in prison, costing the taxpayers even more, if we legalize it and charge an appropriate tax, just like we did to win World War II.

Hemp and Marijuana are Cannabis Sativa Linneus. 99% of the "Marijuana" destroyed by the US Federal government each year is wild hemp. Industrial hemp is the real target of Marijuana prohibition. Marijuana the drug is not dangerous because it has not killed anyone, ever. Not one overdose, ever. The science is in. It was in a long time ago. Nixon appointed the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse in 1972 to determine just how dangerous Marijuana is. The report of the Shafer Commission concluded that Marijuana is not dangerous and that Marijuana should be legalized, and the War on Drugs has escalated every year since.

Americans who grew marijuana in 1942 were called patriots. Now we're called criminals. Go fuck yourselves, GOP.

Dude I agree with everything you said except blaming the GOP for the drug war, democrats are just as culpable by their attitude until very recently of not wanting to be seen as being soft on drugs. We are all waking up from that particular nightmare but others await. I admire your zeal, I really do, but no one really likes an evangelist. Legalizing hemp/pot is going to be a boon to the economy and the drug war was stupid, no one at this point even disputes any of that so there is no need to preach so much.

I wonder if giving the liberals a few relatively meaningless social victories is nothing but a distraction from the real prize, taking the country back from the billionaires and their political stooges. Let's not get wasted and forget that this is still a plutocracy.

WOW, 500 million is a 15 trillion economy, yep that could save us, NOT. Tell me, who is lining up to process the plants being raised for commercial sale in CO and WA, once the buds and leaves are harvested there is a lot of waste.

This isn't about Republicans or Democrats. It's about the 1%. Who do you think is keeping weed illegal? Industrial hemp is a massive threat to the consolidation of wealth because the supply cannot be controlled and it can be used for almost everything, from fuel to food to plastic to a possible cure for cancer. All without corporate control. Anyone can grow pot. The legalization and mass production of Cannabis Sativa will rearrange the global market, changing the way that the entire world does business by making every country on Earth more self-sufficient without international corporate control. We have the technology and we have the Natural right, but we don't have the legal right because of the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. At our Occupy rallies, I was planting seeds in our city's public planter boxes. I still do. Everyone should. Hemp For Victory proves that growing marijuana can support our troops in war, and we're at war.

Liberals need to change their language. We need to tell Monsanto and the DEA to go fuck themselves. You want victory in the class war? Hemp For Victory.

Forum List

Back