Liberals need to change their language

It IS the answer teabaggers are promoting.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I get the feeling lefties have already started trying to change the language.

Unless this is accidental. In which case they're just ignorant.

Pretty funny, because the left is clueless about "changing the language"

Conservatives think tanks spend millions of dollars "changing the language"

It IS the answer teabaggers are promoting.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I get the feeling lefties have already started trying to change the language.

Don't be silly. Conservatives don't think tanks spend money. They think tanks cost money.

Don't be silly. Conservatives don't think tanks spend money. They think tanks cost money.

Come back when you finish learning English...

The language that liberals use that bugs me the most is when they refer to illegal aliens as "undocumented workers".

To call an illegal alien an undocumented worker, is about the equivalent of calling a bank robber an "informal withdrawl agent"

Every time I hear the phrases 'income inequality' or 'wealth redistribution' it makes me cringe.

These phrases play right into the hands of conservatives. They imply the worst communist economic reforms.

'Income inequality' implies that everyone's income should be equal. That's pure nonsense. No one in their right mind believes that everyone's income should be equal. The problem is not 'income inequality', the problem is 'EXCESSIVE income inequality'.

The inequality in incomes has become too drastic. It's getting to the point that the standard of living for working people is degenerating and the economy as a whole is being destroyed.
Some sort of government action to close the income gap a little, may be appropriate, but by no means should there be 'income equality'.

The same holds true for the phrase 'wealth redistribution'. This implies the government seizing people's asset and redistributing them, in a way that's a lot more drastic than increased taxation. Nobody wants that.This phrase also plays right into the hands of conservatives.

The solution should not be 'wealth redistribution', it should be 'FAIR wealth distribution' going forward. People getting paid on par with the value of their work.

These sort of rhetorical errors allow the conservatives to control the dialogue on these issues. They willingly misinterpret these phrases in the most drastic and negative way possible, build their straw men, then attack it.

Liberals need to make it clear that we by no means promote 'income equality' or 'wealth redistribution'. Make it clear that we want to end 'EXCESSIVE income inequality' and promote 'FAIR wealth distribution'.

Liberals don't need to change anything coming outta their mouths...

they're always gonna sound like dumb fucks no matter what they say or how they say it...

The language that liberals use that bugs me the most is when they refer to illegal aliens as "undocumented workers".

To call an illegal alien an undocumented worker, is about the equivalent of calling a bank robber an "informal withdrawl agent"

'n then of course there's those times when dumb-shit conservatives say dumb-shit stuff like this...

'n then of course there's those times when dumb-shit conservatives say dumb-shit stuff like this...

and then of course there's those times that just plain idiots show up and show off their idiocy, with no explanation or basis of what they're talking about. In this case though, should we care ? (no law against somebody making a fool out of himself)

Once again: To call an illegal alien an "undocumented worker", is about the equivalent of calling a bank robber an "informal withdrawl agent"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back