Liberals now calling fetus an "organ of her own body"

A fetus is part of a woman's body. I said nothing about organs.

Which part?

The fetus part, you imbecile. Jeezus HOW stupid can the Right get on this forum? Is there a stupid point beyond which they cannot go?

Nice dodging of my question. Oh, and the name calling and insults? How very left of you!

How is a fetus, a separate unique individual, part of a woman's body? It is a completely different being from the woman, different dna, separate body.

If a woman cuts off her arm, her arm is no longer there. If a woman cuts out a fetus .... which part of HER body is no longer there?

A fetus is not a person, and if it was separate from the woman, it would be able to survive without the attachment to her, wouldn't it?

From the moment of fertilization they are a human being. Blastocyst, zygote, embryo, fetus, newborn, toddler, child, teenager, adult. All human beings in various developmental stages... but a human being all along.

A newborn cannot survive without someone feeding them and caring for them, so I guess according to you, a newborn isn't a person either.

This is only one opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

This is not an opinion at all. From the moment the sperm fertilizes the egg and those cells start dividing, a brand new never before created human being comes into being. That's how it works! People beget people and those begetted have to have a starting point. I mean, unless you think they just spontaneously 'get' into a woman's womb? From fertilization on the cells continue to divide and multiple and develop until nines months later a babby gets born. That's how we people reproduce. Did they not teach you that where you went to school?

Bullshit....A fetus is viable at 20-24 weeks. With modern medical technology, such a premature baby can indeed survive and flourish.

At 24 weeks, it hasn't been born six months early, has it? Unless you think pregnancy lasts for 11-12 months?
Semantics...Your side wants abortion on demand available up to the due date.
Look, you are not getting past this no matte what type of obfuscation you choose.
Some curtailing of abortion is going to happen. The country is demanding it. And that is all that matters.
Should the practice be banned. Absolutely not. We refuse to kowtow to dark ages Bible thumping ass backwards thinking Pentecostals.
Actually, no one wants abortion on demand up to the due date except crazies. That's why later term abortion is illegal.

From the moment of fertilization they are a human being. Blastocyst, zygote, embryo, fetus, newborn, toddler, child, teenager, adult. All human beings in various developmental stages... but a human being all along.

A newborn cannot survive without someone feeding them and caring for them, so I guess according to you, a newborn isn't a person either.

This is only one opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

No, it isn't an opinion.. life begins at conception... FACT. The only argument that can exist is that of a religious nature... like when does the soul come into play.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The best color is green. It isn't opinion, it is FACT!

See what I did there? Claiming an opinion is fact does not make it so. Life is a developmental process, as is death. Most people don't understand that. They need to be able to put an exact moment down to the millisecond when something happened. But that's not how biology works.

Do you really think you can bring SOUL into this discussion and not be seen as a quack? If you want your opinions on when life starts to be utterly demolished, please keep talking about magical stuff. Let me ask you, when a fetus is aborted, does it go to heaven? Is there like, a big room somewhere up in heaven just full of fetuses? How do you see that working out exactly?

Which part?

The fetus part, you imbecile. Jeezus HOW stupid can the Right get on this forum? Is there a stupid point beyond which they cannot go?

Nice dodging of my question. Oh, and the name calling and insults? How very left of you!

How is a fetus, a separate unique individual, part of a woman's body? It is a completely different being from the woman, different dna, separate body.

If a woman cuts off her arm, her arm is no longer there. If a woman cuts out a fetus .... which part of HER body is no longer there?
The fetus.

The fetus.

Another one dodges the question.

Which part?

The fetus part. Are you claiming the egg wasn't part of her body to begin with?

lol

You asked one question. I answered it. If you think I avoided something, please feel free to restate the question. I'd be happy to answer.

But the question you just asked was answered.

Which part?

Every time a woman has her period, what part of her body is no longer there?

Feel free to ask for a clue.

The lining of her uterus and the egg that washes away with it.

How is a separate unique individual growing inside the womb actually a part of a woman's body?

Last edited:

lol

The egg is part of the woman from the get go. Once fertilized it is no longer an egg, it is the very beginning of an entirely different life, of an entirely different human being.

lol

The egg is part of the woman from the get go. Once fertilized it is no longer an egg, it is the very beginning of an entirely different life, of an entirely different human being.

A fertilized egg is not a fertilized egg. Hmmm...is that the kind of enlightenment that zen is supposed to lead to? I've never figured that business out.

How is a separate unique individual growing inside the womb actually a part of a woman's body?

It was part of her body to begin with. It stays part of her body.

Are you going to restate the question you claimed I avoided?

Except it's not a SEPARATE thing at all. It is literally fused to woman. The nutrients and oxygen in its blood supply are pumped to it from the woman's beating heart. Removing that blood supply, as with any other tissue, results in the death of that tissue. SEPARATING fetus from woman results in its demise. A growing embryo does not meet the definition for being considered as an individual organism.

Even in the 24 week fetus, clipping the umbilical cord and just removing the fetus will result in the mother bleeding out and dying. How can you claim such intertwined things are separate?

I find those like you who don't understand these topics tend to come from the perspective where events have to happen at an exact moment, whereby actual biology is a result of a developmental process that you can't seem to grasp. You need to define the exact moment of life, which is a forced cultural topic, not what is actually happening.

lol

A fertilized egg is not a fertilized egg. Hmmm...is that the kind of enlightenment that zen is supposed to lead to? I've never figured that business out.

You do know that females are born with all the eggs they will ever have and that those eggs remain unfertilized until they meet up with sperm, right?

So you believe that the unfertilized egg(s) that girls are born with are the same as an egg that has been fertilized with sperm?

Except it's not a SEPARATE thing at all. It is literally fused to woman. The nutrients and oxygen in its blood supply are pumped to it from the woman's beating heart. Removing that blood supply, as with any other tissue, results in the death of that tissue. SEPARATING fetus from woman results in its demise. A growing embryo does not meet the definition for being considered as an individual organism.

Even in the 24 week fetus, clipping the umbilical cord and just removing the fetus will result in the mother bleeding out and dying. How can you claim such intertwined things are separate?

I find those like you who don't understand these topics tend to come from the perspective where events have to happen at an exact moment, whereby actual biology is a result of a developmental process that you can't seem to grasp. You need to define the exact moment of life, which is a forced cultural topic, not what is actually happening.

Fetus and mother are not fused, they are attached via the umbilical cord which is attached to the mother via the placenta. The umbilical cord provides the nutrients/nourishment that the fetus needs, not the mother's heart. When a babby is born the umbilical cord is cut and the placenta is delivered shortly thereafter.

You're saying an unique, separate, own dna developing fetus is not separate from the mother? It is actually a physical part of her, like an arm or a leg? There is only one entity or being, if you will? Then why was Scott Peterson charged with two counts of murder?

Last edited:

So you believe that the unfertilized egg(s) that girls are born with are the same as an egg that has been fertilized with sperm?

I believe it's part of a woman's body. As does the law. You're not born with pubic hair but it's certainly part of your body once it appears.

I believe it's part of a woman's body. As does the law. You're not born with pubic hair but it's certainly part of your body once it appears.

You didn't answer my question.

Do you believe that unfertilized eggs are the same thing as fertilized eggs? That there is no difference between the two?

A separate, unique, own dna being is the same as the mother? It is not a separate being?

Pubic hair appears when a human being reaches a certain stage of development. Humans develop from the moment they are fertilized until they become adults. That's how it works.

Fetus and mother are not fused, they are attached via the umbilical cord which is attached to the mother via the placenta. The umbilical cord provides the nutrients/nourishment that the fetus needs, not the mother's heart. When a babby is born the umbilical cord is cut and the placenta is delivered shortly thereafter.

You're saying an unique, separate, own dna developing fetus is not separate from the mother? It is actually a physical part of her, like an arm or a leg? There is only one entity or being, if you will? Then why was Scott Peterson charged with two counts of murder?
Not fused? I don't think you actually understand how fetal development works. The placenta literally burrows into the uterus, fusing the tissues together. In fact, if you go to the wikipedia article on placenta, it uses the word FUSION to describe the inseparable connection during development. The placenta and umbilical cord carry the nutrients pumped to it from the mother's circulation to the baby. Oxygen, vitamins, amino acids, and other basic building blocks required for development do not spontaneously come from the baby, nor are they magically produced by the placenta.

You really don't know much about this topic on which you proclaim understanding, do you?

So no, they are not individual separate beings.

You didn't answer my question.

Do you believe that unfertilized eggs are the same thing as fertilized eggs? That there is no difference between the two?

A separate, unique, own dna being is the same as the mother? It is not a separate being?

Pubic hair appears when a human being reaches a certain stage of development. Humans develop from the moment they are fertilized until they become adults. That's how it works.
You seem to continue confusing the words UNIQUE and SEPARATE. These are not the same, and one does not denote the other. The placenta has its own DNA that is different than the mother. It too is not a separate unique being.

Forum List

Back