Liberals Silent About Knife Attacks. 5 Killed, 3 Wounded in Last Three Days. Knife Control?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Although liberals have not said a peep about these deadly attacks, in the last three days, five people have been killed and three wounded in knife attacks in Orange County and in Pittsburgh. Where are the liberal expressions of outrage about the availability of knives? Where are the liberal calls for lawsuits against knife manufacturers?

Orange County stabbing spree: Video shows suspect wield knife in each hand in vicious attack

2 women stabbed, 1 fatally, near police officer at downtown Pittsburgh bus stop

Thank god we have you here to dance upon their graves with your partisan mating dance

Huh? Just huh? My thread is an attack on the liberals' use of gun deaths for partisan purposes. If those victims had been killed and wounded in gun attacks, liberals would have posted at least two or three threads about them and would be blaming conservatives for them.

I propose a ban on assault knifes. There, ya happy?

I certainly oppose high capacity magazines for those assault knifes too!

Thank god we have you here to dance upon their graves with your partisan mating dance

Huh? Just huh? My thread is an attack on the liberals' use of gun deaths for partisan purposes. If those victims had been killed and wounded in gun attacks, liberals would have posted at least two or three threads about them and would be blaming conservatives for them.

Your thread is using dead people to make a political point, the very thing you whine about the other side doing. You are no different at all than them.

Your thread is using dead people to make a political point, the very thing you whine about the other side doing. You are no different at all than them.

You need to take a basic reading class, followed by a Logic 101 class.

My thread is using a lethal incident that involved the use of a weapon to point out the inconsistency and hypocrisy in the constant selective liberal screaming about lethal incidents that involve a kind of weapon they want to ban. My thread says nothing about the victims but merely incidentally mentions the number of victims. There is a difference, if you can read.

Although liberals have not said a peep about these deadly attacks, in the last three days, five people have been killed and three wounded in knife attacks in Orange County and in Pittsburgh. Where are the liberal expressions of outrage about the availability of knives? Where are the liberal calls for lawsuits against knife manufacturers?

Orange County stabbing spree: Video shows suspect wield knife in each hand in vicious attack

Liberals have already banned many knives and passed knife control in blue states.

You need to take a basic reading class, followed by a Logic 101 class.

My thread is using a lethal incident that involved the use of a weapon to point out the inconsistency and hypocrisy in the constant selective liberal screaming about lethal incidents that involve a kind of weapon they want to ban. My thread says nothing about the victims but merely incidentally mentions the number of victims. There is a difference, if you can read.

You started a thread about people that died in order to make a political point on a political forum. You used their deaths as an excuse to attack what you see as your political enemy.

There is no difference, both are disgusting and you are no different than that which you attack.

The Vegas shooter killed 58 people and injured 442. Let us know when a knife begins to approach that level and we will get concerned.

I would agree with you, but we had a BELLY FULL of it coming from the gun-grabbers, so....

yes we did, and now the OP is no different than they are...

seems we had this discussion a few days ago...

Can you just not read English? My OP is fundamentally different from the liberal OPs about the mass shootings. If you can't comprehend that, you need to take a basic reading comprehension course.

There is a big difference between citing knife attacks to point out the inconsistency and selectivity of liberal outrage and citing gun attacks and then blaming those attacks on those who oppose gun confiscation. If you can't grasp that obvious, basic difference, then there's not much I can do for you.

The point is that it is wrong to keep focusing on the weapons used while ignoring the factors that are causing these people to decide to commit these shootings.

Rifles account for a small percentage of gun deaths in the U.S. The vast majority of gun deaths involve handguns. The number of deaths from knife attacks rivals the number of deaths from rifle attacks.

I would agree with you, but we had a BELLY FULL of it coming from the gun-grabbers, so....

Can you just not read English? My OP is fundamentally different from the liberal OPs about the mass shootings. If you can't comprehend that, you need to take a basic reading comprehension course.

There is a big difference between citing knife attacks to point out the inconsistency and selectivity of liberal outrage and citing gun attacks and then blaming those attacks on those who oppose gun confiscation. If you can't grasp that obvious, basic difference, then there's not much I can do for you.

The point is that it is wrong to keep focusing on the weapons used while ignoring the factors that are causing these people to decide to commit these shootings.

Rifles account for a small percentage of gun deaths in the U.S. The vast majority of gun deaths involve handguns. The number of deaths from knife attacks rivals the number of deaths from rifle attacks.

You started a thread about people that had been murdered for the purpose of making a political point against your “political enemies”.

While your point may have been different than theirs, the threads are fundamentally the same...you are using a tragedy to score political points

It isn’t wrong to focus on weapons, but as part of a larger package. You seem to want weapons out of the discussion. As long as a man with a bump stock and semi automatic weapons can kill 58 people and wound hundreds more while a knife is lucky to get 3 or 4 wounded or killed before getting taken down, they will not merit the same level of discussion.

The larger problems SHOULD be looked at, but efforts to address them are rejected by the gun lobby, and if they involve addressing societal problems by funding community programs to keep vulnerable kids off the streets, they are rejected by the right because it means spending money on poor people.

In 2010, suicide by shooting constituted 62% of gun deaths. Most of the time, the decision to go from thinking about it to acting is impulsive. A waiting period of 3-5 days is one way of trying to prevent that impulse. It doesn’t involve banning guns, but it is opposed by pro gun people.

Unintentional shootings account for another group of gun deaths and are a disproportionate cause of accidental deaths in young people.

Statistics on Gun Deaths & Injuries | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
The U.S. General Accounting Office has estimated that 31% of unintentional deaths caused by firearms might be prevented by the addition of two devices: a child-proof safety lock (8%) and a loading indicator (23%).23

This doesn’t propose banning guns, but it too is opposed by the pro gunners.

about 70% vs 16% -which is the major problem?
knives used TEN times LESS than guns
800px-2016-Graph-Homicide-Stats-USA.png

1*nK5bHsXot7OXwK9AfQ1ldw.png

it's exactly like the blacks worried about being killed by a cop!!!!!
blacks murder 3000 blacks every year
cops kill about 250---mostly jackass armed criminals
again---you people bring up ridiculous arguments

Let's see if this helps the reading impaired: Liberals never call for "knife control" after knife attacks because they know that it would be impractical and impossible to enforce, not to mention simply silly. Yet, after every shooting incident, liberals scream for gun control.

How many of these shooters have been genuine, Bible-believing Christians who regularly attended an orthodox Christian church? ZERO. How many of them were secular people who were into drugs and violent video games and/or who expressed pro-Satan and atheistic sentiments? Most of them. THAT is a good starting point, if we're serious about solving this problem.

Forum List

Back