Liberals suspend 8th grader for shirt that says “Standing for those who stood for us,”

“Standing for those who stood for us,” according to KATU. Instead, the image on his shirt — boots, a helmet and a gun — got him suspended, the station reported.

Hey Einstein. Think their history books have pics of guns or helmets?

All liberals are america-haters.

Oregon eighth-grader suspended from school for wearing patriotic shirt showing gun

oct 11 2015 Alan Holmes, an eighth-grade student in Gresham, Ore., still remembers the day his older brother returned home after serving in Iraq with the Marines.

As he got older, Holmes’s pride turned into patriotism. He wanted to demonstrate that patriotism last week by wearing a T-shirt to school that included a design memorializing fallen soldiers and bearing the words “Standing for those who stood for us,” according to KATU. Instead, the image on his shirt — boots, a helmet and a gun — got him suspended, the station reported.

Officials at Dexter McCarty Middle School asked Holmes to change his shirt,according to Fox affiliate KPTV. When he refused, the station reported, he was given an ultimatum: Remove the shirt or face suspension.

So, if we don't agree with you we're an "america-hater", a traitor etc etc etc.

Typical right wing nonsense.

“Standing for those who stood for us,” according to KATU. Instead, the image on his shirt — boots, a helmet and a gun — got him suspended, the station reported.

Officials at Dexter McCarty Middle School asked Holmes to change his shirt, according to Fox affiliate KPTV. When he refused, the station reported, he was given an ultimatum: Remove the shirt or face suspension."

In Loco Parentis, do what they say since keeping the peace is part of their job.

Don't those in the military that stand up and fight for us wear boots/helmets and carry guns?

I'd like to know that too. What does meh mean.? Prolly some sick homo slang like libs love to use.
It means "eh" with an "m".

It's a word which indicates apathy.
i understand that, i just don't understand how it was used in that context. you like dress codes because it prevents these problems, but the kid is in trouble because he was in violation of the dress code.
so which part are you apathetic towards?

Officials at Dexter McCarty Middle School asked Holmes to change his shirt, according to Fox affiliate KPTV. When he refused, the station reported, he was given an ultimatum: Remove the shirt or face suspension."

In Loco Parentis, do what they say since keeping the peace is part of their job.

Don't those in the military that stand up and fight for us wear boots/helmets and carry guns?
how is that relevant?

how is that relevant?

If it's what they wear why is wearing a shirt with that on it a bad thing? If you supported your local fire department, wouldn't you wear a shirt with a maltese cross on it?

how is that relevant?

If it's what they wear why is wearing a shirt with that on it a bad thing? If you supported your local fire department, wouldn't you wear a shirt with a maltese cross on it?
is the maltese cross against the dress code?

Should school rules apply to all students?
Do only liberals make school rules?
Do only liberals serve on school boards?

I'd like to know that too. What does meh mean.? Prolly some sick homo slang like libs love to use.
It means "eh" with an "m".

It's a word which indicates apathy.
i understand that, i just don't understand how it was used in that context. you like dress codes because it prevents these problems, but the kid is in trouble because he was in violation of the dress code.
so which part are you apathetic towards?
I'm apathetic about him getting in trouble for violating the dress code. There's a dress code, you adhere to it.

If you don't like it, go to a different school.

I'm apathetic about him getting in trouble for violating the dress code. There's a dress code, you adhere to it.

Suppose a kid was suspended for wearing a shirt that said "abortion is a sacrament" . You libs would be howling about free speech.

Suppose a kid was suspended for wearing a shirt that said "abortion is a sacrament" . You libs would be howling about free speech.
I don't know how you got the impression I'm a lib. Scouts' honor, I'm not.

Your real world is an internet forum? :finger3:
No, my real world is He who holds the gold makes the rules. And In Loco Parentis, which all schoolchildren are subject to. Obey or find yourself sitting at home, which is entirely appropriate.
nice statist :thup:
Why should this kid be above the rules?
Did I say he should? :dunno:
This is just selective outrage and you know it.
Yes. It seems like selective outrage from those complaining about the punishment.
Punishment for wearing a shirt with a design on it? What EXACTLY was disrespectful, disorderly or threatening about the logo?

Forum List

Back