Liberals Think Our Classrooms Should Be Battlegrounds of Indoctrination

Indoctrination is what the left knows. Control the schools, control the media, take over government. Worked for Hitler and Stalin and they were both from the left. Just like the leftist of today they wanted an egalitarian society where everyone existed for the state. Don’t think...just do.

Here's a question.

How would you manage to NOT indoctrinate children while teaching them at school?
I will give you an example. If you teach Watergate and Nixon’s paranoia about the “leftist elites” that he so feared, also teach that it had merit. Mention the 1960 West Virginia primary and how Joe Kennedy spread enough cash around to buy it for his son. Also mention 1960 general election and how Chicago Democratic machine put the state of Illinois over the top for JFK. Illinois Voted for Ike twice and had a Republican Senator in Everett Dirksen. (BTW Illinois voted for Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush #1)

The problem is you've chosen to teach Watergate and Nixon rather than one of the millions of other topics out there.

This is "indoctrination" to some people.

What if I think that Nixon's paranoid didn't have merit? What if I think that teaching that would be "indoctrination"?

Teaching that Nixon had paranoid, might also be considered by some people to be "indoctrination".

The problem here is that you're in a minefield.

Now, what I'd suggest is that you teach kids to think for themselves. I've seen this done with History classes. Showing lots of evidence and then teaching kids how to make their own argument.

Problem is the right don't like this, people who can make good arguments don't often make good "patriots" or whatever you want to call them.
You are correct...teach what the Nixon administration did was criminal...but also teach why he went there and let the kids decide. Teach both sides. If you teach Scopes Monkey trial let the kids choose which side they believe to be correct. Just don’t teach that Nixon was a criminal then move right into a Trump impeachment. But that’s what is happening. If you teach Civil Rights and MLK...also teach that MLK went to a communist school for civil disobedience and that Marxism teaches an egalitarian society. Thus for many southern people they saw it as a communist plot to overthrow society. The only society they ever knew. Remember, this was during the Cold War. IKE only intervened in Little Rock because he felt it made the United States look bad when we were trying to win over people of developing nations from the KGB and the Soviet State.

Oh, I agree. I believe education should be SKILLS BASED and not subject based.

You want kids to learn logic skills. Well, this can be taught through a variety of subjects. But schools have to actively put this together.

Now, a nation of 320 million people with the largest economy in the world should be able to pull this off. But can't.

You have a woman in charge of education at a federal level, at a level where research into the best ways of making education fit the modern world would work, and yet she's just interested in saving rich people money, nothing more.
Reading and writing skills should be stressed more. I agree with logic. Good example of a lesson is: Hitler was not insane. He was a rational actor. Based on this coupled with his writings and speeches, how could Britain and France practice appeasement and not see the coming of a war? Hitler starting WW2 was a logical conclusion.

This started in the 1960’s with the culture revolution that advocated the destruction of families and family values. In 1983 John Dunphy summed it up in The Humanist. His revolution lives on in the heartbeat of the usurped Democratic Party and the banner is carried by people like Barack Hussein Obama and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.
Secular Humanism
Let’s not forget this little quote from Marxist college educator Susan Sontag:
“The white race is the cancer of human history; it is the white race and it alone — its ideologies and inventions — which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself.”
- Susan Sontag
What exactly is a "battleground of indoctrination"?
Conservatives want classrooms to be politically neutral... Liberals want to use it for indoctrination and are ready to do battle with the opposing belief of conservatives. You have to take over education if your going to control the message to our youth. Remember, Democrats have a “war on poverty” and a “struggle for equality” or the “fight for social justice.”
You started off your little tirade with a bald faced lie. Conservatives do NOT want classrooms to be neutral, that's why they are always fighting to include religious myths as of they were facts.
Religion is part of American history. Goes all the way back to the Puritan beliefs that those in power serve with the consent of the governed (Mayflower Compact) and George Whitfield and the concept of being “born again.” We could reject Church of England (hence rejecting the King) and be born again as a new nation. Don’t teach that the American Revolution was led by liberal secularists. That was the French Revolution that came later. But that has not been taught in our classrooms because it goes against the ideas of the 1960’s New Revolution.

The problem is you've just ignored what was actually said. Religion has been a part of US History, but there's a big difference between teaching that religion exists and teaching religious doctrine.

This started in the 1960’s with the culture revolution that advocated the destruction of families and family values. In 1983 John Dunphy summed it up in The Humanist. His revolution lives on in the heartbeat of the usurped Democratic Party and the banner is carried by people like Barack Hussein Obama and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.
Secular Humanism
“The white race is the cancer of human history; it is the white race and it alone — its ideologies and inventions — which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself.”
- Susan Sontag
Conservatives want classrooms to be politically neutral... Liberals want to use it for indoctrination and are ready to do battle with the opposing belief of conservatives. You have to take over education if your going to control the message to our youth. Remember, Democrats have a “war on poverty” and a “struggle for equality” or the “fight for social justice.”
You started off your little tirade with a bald faced lie. Conservatives do NOT want classrooms to be neutral, that's why they are always fighting to include religious myths as of they were facts.
Religion is part of American history. Goes all the way back to the Puritan beliefs that those in power serve with the consent of the governed (Mayflower Compact) and George Whitfield and the concept of being “born again.” We could reject Church of England (hence rejecting the King) and be born again as a new nation. Don’t teach that the American Revolution was led by liberal secularists. That was the French Revolution that came later. But that has not been taught in our classrooms because it goes against the ideas of the 1960’s New Revolution.
Freedom from religion was a big reason for the founding of the country. However the tenets of the faith are not pertinent to that nor are they facts, they are myths and should not be taught in school. If you want you kids to learn about yer all powerful father figure you teach them or send them to church.
Wrong. It wasn’t about “freedom from religion” but freedom to practice your religion and not have a state sponsored religion. You went to liberal indoctrination in public school. That’s what the taught you because during the 1960’s and 1970’s schools of education on campuses across the country were based along the lines of what Dunphy later wrote in 1983.

Secular Humanism
- Susan Sontag
Yep. They HATE it when parents fight back. Like when my now 12 year old was told to do a report on a known homosexual,communist and all around piece of shit....emailed her teacher and told her it was NOT gonna happen and she backed down and let my daughter pick a different person to do a report on.

Here's a question.

How would you manage to NOT indoctrinate children while teaching them at school?
I will give you an example. If you teach Watergate and Nixon’s paranoia about the “leftist elites” that he so feared, also teach that it had merit. Mention the 1960 West Virginia primary and how Joe Kennedy spread enough cash around to buy it for his son. Also mention 1960 general election and how Chicago Democratic machine put the state of Illinois over the top for JFK. Illinois Voted for Ike twice and had a Republican Senator in Everett Dirksen. (BTW Illinois voted for Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush #1)

The problem is you've chosen to teach Watergate and Nixon rather than one of the millions of other topics out there.

What if I think that Nixon's paranoid didn't have merit? What if I think that teaching that would be "indoctrination"?

Teaching that Nixon had paranoid, might also be considered by some people to be "indoctrination".

Now, what I'd suggest is that you teach kids to think for themselves. I've seen this done with History classes. Showing lots of evidence and then teaching kids how to make their own argument.

Problem is the right don't like this, people who can make good arguments don't often make good "patriots" or whatever you want to call them.
You are correct...teach what the Nixon administration did was criminal...but also teach why he went there and let the kids decide. Teach both sides. If you teach Scopes Monkey trial let the kids choose which side they believe to be correct. Just don’t teach that Nixon was a criminal then move right into a Trump impeachment. But that’s what is happening. If you teach Civil Rights and MLK...also teach that MLK went to a communist school for civil disobedience and that Marxism teaches an egalitarian society. Thus for many southern people they saw it as a communist plot to overthrow society. The only society they ever knew. Remember, this was during the Cold War. IKE only intervened in Little Rock because he felt it made the United States look bad when we were trying to win over people of developing nations from the KGB and the Soviet State.

You want kids to learn logic skills. Well, this can be taught through a variety of subjects. But schools have to actively put this together.

Now, a nation of 320 million people with the largest economy in the world should be able to pull this off. But can't.

You have a woman in charge of education at a federal level, at a level where research into the best ways of making education fit the modern world would work, and yet she's just interested in saving rich people money, nothing more.
Reading and writing skills should be stressed more. I agree with logic. Good example of a lesson is: Hitler was not insane. He was a rational actor. Based on this coupled with his writings and speeches, how could Britain and France practice appeasement and not see the coming of a war? Hitler starting WW2 was a logical conclusion.

Reading and writing skills should be stressed, but the reality is by the end of primary, kids should be able to read and write well anyway. If they don't, then there's a massive problem.

Actually no, your example is not right. The question would be "was Hitler insane?" and kids should be able to use different pieces of evidence to make an argument either way.

Secular Humanism
- Susan Sontag

The problem is you've just ignored what was actually said. Religion has been a part of US History, but there's a big difference between teaching that religion exists and teaching religious doctrine.
Not talking about doctrine. Talking about teaching the truth. Our nations history is entwined with religion. What about anti Catholic nativism of 1840’s all the way up to JFK’s election in 1960? If your going to teach this then you better teach background on Protestant Reformation.

It's more about the inequality of wealth between those at the top and the rest of us. one link below. This left vs right thing just keeps us at each others throats. Surprised we have an ex president posting here (the op actually)that doesn't understand this either. I knew his son was dumber than a box of hammers but I figured him to be a tad brighter, but no. Hey. How about those corporations. Now they're citizens and the supreme court is at their beck and call. Nothing in the constitution about corporations being citizens or being anything for that matter. But yeah, republican gooood, democrat baaaad if it makes you happy.

The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds
:CryingCow:

Reading and writing skills should be stressed, but the reality is by the end of primary, kids should be able to read and write well anyway. If they don't, then there's a massive problem.

Actually no, your example is not right. The question would be "was Hitler insane?" and kids should be able to use different pieces of evidence to make an argument either way.
That would require them to read...and they won’t do it...but you can’t fail a kid in a public school. They don’t have to take responsibility for that...it’s the teachers fault..move Johnny along. Failures make the school look bad.

Secular Humanism
- Susan Sontag
Freedom from religion was a big reason for the founding of the country. However the tenets of the faith are not pertinent to that nor are they facts, they are myths and should not be taught in school. If you want you kids to learn about yer all powerful father figure you teach them or send them to church.
lol
Says a spineless control freak

Not talking about doctrine. Talking about teaching the truth. Our nations history is entwined with religion. What about anti Catholic nativism of 1840’s all the way up to JFK’s election in 1960? If your going to teach this then you better teach background on Protestant Reformation.

To understand EVERYTHING takes too much time.

You're talking about teaching understanding of things, which is fine in itself, but then what do you teach? Which are the most important things that someone needs to understand?

That's also not an easy choice.

Secular Humanism
- Susan Sontag
Dumb fucks like you want to keep everyone uneducated and stupid. So just shut the fuck up. You are not fooling anyone. When you are ready to have a plumber do your open heart surgery then you can speak about it till then you are full of shit and no one cares.
Oh...so you can’t refute it...because you believe it. You feel classrooms should be used for indoctrination? You must be an educator and a member of the LFT or NEA.

LFT?

Better one: “ If you were born with severe mental and physical defects to the point that you couldn’t brush your teeth, feed yourself, consistently defecated in your pants...would you want to live that way for the rest of your life...or would it be more humane to be put to death?”

Indoctrination is what the left knows. Control the schools, control the media, take over government. Worked for Hitler and Stalin and they were both from the left. Just like the leftist of today they wanted an egalitarian society where everyone existed for the state. Don’t think...just do.

Here's a question.

That level of study is neither required nor practical in a high school curriculum.

Wrong. It wasn’t about “freedom from religion” but freedom to practice your religion and not have a state sponsored religion. You went to liberal indoctrination in public school. That’s what the taught you because during the 1960’s and 1970’s schools of education on campuses across the country were based along the lines of what Dunphy later wrote in 1983.
Freedom from state sponsored religion you say? Then why would you wanna teach it in schools?

To understand EVERYTHING takes too much time.

You're talking about teaching understanding of things, which is fine in itself, but then what do you teach? Which are the most important things that someone needs to understand?

That's also not an easy choice.
When you get observed by staff for one class period...how do you have time for students to do research?

Freedom from state sponsored religion you say? Then why would you wanna teach it in schools?
Because our history and religion are inseparable.

No, you and your ilk wanna infect children with your twisted beliefs.

Here's a question.

That level of study is neither required nor practical in a high school curriculum.
Why not?

No, you and your ilk wanna infect children with your twisted beliefs.
Nope, you and Dunphy do.

That would require them to read...and they won’t do it...but you can’t fail a kid in a public school. They don’t have to take responsibility for that...it’s the teachers fault..move Johnny along. Failures make the school look bad.

Yes, you can! I have done it many times over the past 21 years in the classroom.

Alas, now I don't give a shit! I burned that bridge in April.

Forum List

Back