Liberals Think Our Classrooms Should Be Battlegrounds of Indoctrination

One high school in left-wing Minnesota is proof of your assertion?

Nice try, but ...:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
It’s in school districts all across America. Where did you teach? I’m speaking from fact.

Bullshit! I didn't even quote YOUR post!

Why do you think the Common Core Standards were developed? If it wasn't in the standard, you didn't teach it, so there was no way for teachers to "go out on their own" and teach topics not covered by the standards.

The real problem as I have said before, and I'll say it again, is that most of you are completely clueless when it comes to the topic of education. It took me nearly 5 years to get my degree, another two years of classes to become a teacher and yet another 2 years to become an administrator, but you assholes think you can Google your way through it in 15 minutes or so.

Not talking about doctrine. Talking about teaching the truth. Our nations history is entwined with religion. What about anti Catholic nativism of 1840’s all the way up to JFK’s election in 1960? If your going to teach this then you better teach background on Protestant Reformation.

To understand EVERYTHING takes too much time.

You're talking about teaching understanding of things, which is fine in itself, but then what do you teach? Which are the most important things that someone needs to understand?

That's also not an easy choice.
When you get observed by staff for one class period...how do you have time for students to do research?

Your reply makes no sense.
You every get observed by administration in the classroom and your qualifications as a teacher based on that? One 45 minute block of time? How can you include going to the library for research into that block? You can’t. Has to be much more simplified.

Just FYI, I had three observations per year, they were not just 45 minutes but often over an hour. Each one including a meeting prior to and after the observation, plus an additional two observations not by my normal evaluator. I was also an assistant principal, so I have been on both sides of the process.
Districts are different. Merit pay and bonuses are the new norm.
https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...erformance-by-small-amount-new-evidence-shows

Yes, you can! I have done it many times over the past 21 years in the classroom.

Alas, now I don't give a shit! I burned that bridge in April.
Congratulations on retirement...and no you cannot when all they care about is school scores so administration can gets its bonus.

Bonus?:eusa_whistle:

My God, you are worse than a libtard when it comes to this topic!

:dig:
Your public school never had cash bonuses for teachers and administrators?

Nope. Never. I worked in 9 school districts, two states, and for the Department of Defense.

I think there are some, but to claim that is the norm is disingenuous!
It's all of them, ass clown.

You gave evidence of example of one liberal indoctrination from one high school in a liberal state. Who is the ass clown?

:1peleas:

You're talking about teaching understanding of things, which is fine in itself, but then what do you teach? Which are the most important things that someone needs to understand?

When you get observed by staff for one class period...how do you have time for students to do research?

You every get observed by administration in the classroom and your qualifications as a teacher based on that? One 45 minute block of time? How can you include going to the library for research into that block? You can’t. Has to be much more simplified.

Just FYI, I had three observations per year, they were not just 45 minutes but often over an hour. Each one including a meeting prior to and after the observation, plus an additional two observations not by my normal evaluator. I was also an assistant principal, so I have been on both sides of the process.
https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...erformance-by-small-amount-new-evidence-shows

Let me tell you why you are wrong.

First, you article disagrees with your claim. See the results in NYC and Nashville.

Second, there was little scandal in a tiny little place you probably have never heard about, called Atlanta, where teachers and administrators were locked up for cheating on the testing to try to get bonuses. Please do try to keep up!

Nice try, but ...:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
It’s in school districts all across America. Where did you teach? I’m speaking from fact.

Why do you think the Common Core Standards were developed? If it wasn't in the standard, you didn't teach it, so there was no way for teachers to "go out on their own" and teach topics not covered by the standards.

The real problem as I have said before, and I'll say it again, is that most of you are completely clueless when it comes to the topic of education. It took me nearly 5 years to get my degree, another two years of classes to become a teacher and yet another 2 years to become an administrator, but you assholes think you can Google your way through it in 15 minutes or so.
Your a condescending egotistical prick and part of why eduction system is fucked. I have 7 years eduction and three degrees. I left public school and teach in private school now. I know all about Common Core and always taught them with enhancements. My kids scores were always in top three in district. Usually my kids had the top scores. So don’t tell me shit about education. I have 13 years BTW.

Let me tell you why you are wrong.

First, you article disagrees with your claim. See the results in NYC and Nashville.

Second, there was little scandal in a tiny little place you probably have never heard about, called Atlanta, where teachers and administrators were locked up for cheating on the testing to try to get bonuses. Please do try to keep up!
You left out Washington D.C. Please try to keep up.

Your a condescending egotistical prick and part of why eduction system is fucked. I have 7 years eduction and three degrees. I left public school and teach in private school now. I know all about Common Core and always taught them with enhancements. My kids scores were always in top three in district. Usually my kids had the top scores. So don’t tell me shit about education. I have 13 years BTW.
You are the most full of shit person I have ever come across.

Congratulations on retirement...and no you cannot when all they care about is school scores so administration can gets its bonus.

Nope. Never. I worked in 9 school districts, two states, and for the Department of Defense.

You gave evidence of example of one liberal indoctrination from one high school in a liberal state. Who is the ass clown?

YOU'RE the ASS CLOWN for PRETENDING that it ISN'T all of them, and thinking someone here is STUPID enough to buy your BULL SHIT... MORON.

The problem is you've chosen to teach Watergate and Nixon rather than one of the millions of other topics out there.

This is "indoctrination" to some people.

What if I think that Nixon's paranoid didn't have merit? What if I think that teaching that would be "indoctrination"?

Teaching that Nixon had paranoid, might also be considered by some people to be "indoctrination".

The problem here is that you're in a minefield.

Now, what I'd suggest is that you teach kids to think for themselves. I've seen this done with History classes. Showing lots of evidence and then teaching kids how to make their own argument.

Problem is the right don't like this, people who can make good arguments don't often make good "patriots" or whatever you want to call them.
You are correct...teach what the Nixon administration did was criminal...but also teach why he went there and let the kids decide. Teach both sides. If you teach Scopes Monkey trial let the kids choose which side they believe to be correct. Just don’t teach that Nixon was a criminal then move right into a Trump impeachment. But that’s what is happening. If you teach Civil Rights and MLK...also teach that MLK went to a communist school for civil disobedience and that Marxism teaches an egalitarian society. Thus for many southern people they saw it as a communist plot to overthrow society. The only society they ever knew. Remember, this was during the Cold War. IKE only intervened in Little Rock because he felt it made the United States look bad when we were trying to win over people of developing nations from the KGB and the Soviet State.

Oh, I agree. I believe education should be SKILLS BASED and not subject based.

You want kids to learn logic skills. Well, this can be taught through a variety of subjects. But schools have to actively put this together.

Now, a nation of 320 million people with the largest economy in the world should be able to pull this off. But can't.

You have a woman in charge of education at a federal level, at a level where research into the best ways of making education fit the modern world would work, and yet she's just interested in saving rich people money, nothing more.
Reading and writing skills should be stressed more. I agree with logic. Good example of a lesson is: Hitler was not insane. He was a rational actor. Based on this coupled with his writings and speeches, how could Britain and France practice appeasement and not see the coming of a war? Hitler starting WW2 was a logical conclusion.

Reading and writing skills should be stressed, but the reality is by the end of primary, kids should be able to read and write well anyway. If they don't, then there's a massive problem.

Actually no, your example is not right. The question would be "was Hitler insane?" and kids should be able to use different pieces of evidence to make an argument either way.
That would require them to read...and they won’t do it...but you can’t fail a kid in a public school. They don’t have to take responsibility for that...it’s the teachers fault..move Johnny along. Failures make the school look bad.

Which is a ridiculous attitude. When teaching becomes quantified, it suddenly stops being as good, sometimes.

This started in the 1960’s with the culture revolution that advocated the destruction of families and family values. In 1983 John Dunphy summed it up in The Humanist. His revolution lives on in the heartbeat of the usurped Democratic Party and the banner is carried by people like Barack Hussein Obama and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.
Secular Humanism
Let’s not forget this little quote from Marxist college educator Susan Sontag:
“The white race is the cancer of human history; it is the white race and it alone — its ideologies and inventions — which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself.”
- Susan Sontag
Yep. They HATE it when parents fight back. Like when my now 12 year old was told to do a report on a known homosexual,communist and all around piece of shit....emailed her teacher and told her it was NOT gonna happen and she backed down and let my daughter pick a different person to do a report on.

Or maybe you're just teaching your child to be disrespectful.

Just because someone is a "known homosexual, communist" etc, doesn't mean someone can't do a report on that person.

Teaching them to make their own arguments about that person is what it should be about.

You started off your little tirade with a bald faced lie. Conservatives do NOT want classrooms to be neutral, that's why they are always fighting to include religious myths as of they were facts.
Religion is part of American history. Goes all the way back to the Puritan beliefs that those in power serve with the consent of the governed (Mayflower Compact) and George Whitfield and the concept of being “born again.” We could reject Church of England (hence rejecting the King) and be born again as a new nation. Don’t teach that the American Revolution was led by liberal secularists. That was the French Revolution that came later. But that has not been taught in our classrooms because it goes against the ideas of the 1960’s New Revolution.

The problem is you've just ignored what was actually said. Religion has been a part of US History, but there's a big difference between teaching that religion exists and teaching religious doctrine.
Not talking about doctrine. Talking about teaching the truth. Our nations history is entwined with religion. What about anti Catholic nativism of 1840’s all the way up to JFK’s election in 1960? If your going to teach this then you better teach background on Protestant Reformation.

Well, it depends what you mean by "research". If kids are given ten different sources and then asked to make their own argument based on these sources, they don't need do research. If the teacher is teaching the skills they need, then many of them will learn to do this to a certain level.

YOU'RE the ASS CLOWN for PRETENDING that it ISN'T all of them, and thinking someone here is STUPID enough to buy your BULL SHIT... MORON.

How can you claim it is all of them when I have proven by my own experience that what you claim is not true!

In education, that is called a non-example which proves your conjecture is wrong.

Show me a source which proves that your contention is true! You cannot do that can you?

That's why you education bashers hate education so much is that you cheated yourself out of one when you had the opportunity.

Keep working at it, then perhaps you can equal my level. You likely graduated from a program like Nova or University of Phoenix with a degree that isn't worth the paper it is written on.

BTW, "eduction" has nothing to do with the topic. Learn to proofread before talking smack!

You apparently don't know shit about education, despite your claims.

There are two types of teachers in the private school system. There are those who excelled and get hired by prestigious high tuition private schools with a rich clientele and parents who are involved in their child's education. Success there is all but guaranteed because you have no kids with socioeconomic issues, usually a two parent home, and a good preparation for school at home.

Then there those, probably like you, who could not hack it in the public schools due to incompetence, and the only job they can get was in a private school. Hardly anyone one ever leaves public schools for private schools except those very few who get into the one or two slots open in a private school and usually at a lower salary. The Catholic schools here state plainly on the application for teaching positions that not being Catholic will not be held against you, but it is strange that they never hire a non-Catholic.

Let's see proof of you claim that all schools, and I do mean all, are centers for indoctrination.

I'll wait patiently for your next off-topic comment or deflection.

This started in the 1960’s with the culture revolution that advocated the destruction of families and family values. In 1983 John Dunphy summed it up in The Humanist. His revolution lives on in the heartbeat of the usurped Democratic Party and the banner is carried by people like Barack Hussein Obama and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.
Secular Humanism
Let’s not forget this little quote from Marxist college educator Susan Sontag:
“The white race is the cancer of human history; it is the white race and it alone — its ideologies and inventions — which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself.”
- Susan Sontag

You're back--I think I have already informed you the GHW Bush voted for Hillary Clinton, and I really don't know why you're using him as your avatar, since you're a Trump tard.
George H.W. Bush to vote for Hillary Clinton

insani-tea-party-sac0415cd.jpg

And there is absolutely no one that can match the Fascist tendency's of the Ass Clown that sits in the Oval Office today.

scaletowidth

In the fifties and early sixties, children were being indoctrinated with air raid drills, being traumatized with the Soviet threat. At the time, the U.S.S.R. didn't even have the capacity to deliver weapons to the U.S., let alone the weapons themselves. Who was behind that? The 'left'?
We who are neither 'left' nor 'right' are far beyond tired of everything being divided along those lines, especially when it is being done by people who obviously do not understand what the terms even mean.

In the fifties and early sixties, children were being indoctrinated with air raid drills, being traumatized with the Soviet threat. At the time, the U.S.S.R. didn't even have the capacity to deliver weapons to the U.S., let alone the weapons themselves. Who was behind that? The 'left'?
We who are neither 'left' nor 'right' are far beyond tired of everything being divided along those lines, especially when it is being done by people who obviously do not understand what the terms even mean.

Obviously you never heard of the Cuban missle crisis?

The National Education Association, and American Federation of Teachers (teacher's unions) ruined education. We spend the most per student in the U.S. yet instead of getting a focus on subjects that give our kids the tools to compete in a global market, we give them Diversity, Multi Culturalism, false Inclusiveness and a Liberal/Progressive, anti Capitalist BIAS. Throw in a little White Privilege, and anti Male bias, and you have the perfects storm for FAILURE.

Forum List

Back