Liberals Think Our Classrooms Should Be Battlegrounds of Indoctrination

I'm curious, which public schools are teaching religion? It's been awhile since I was in school. I dont recall any of the schools I went to teaching religion.

In fact, most schools I remember teach atheism in the form of teaching the big bang and evolution.

Here's one for ya, what if some think the big bang and evolution are a myth, perhaps we need to stop teaching that in school as well?
Come to Kansas. There's a school.down the street in a mostly Catholic town called Garden Plain. Public school, public funding USD 267. Religion class is taught there.
So your a humanist in the middle of decent people.
I'm a normal person in the middle of a buncha whack-a-doos.
Really? 75% of America, and 70% of the world would disagree with you.
Doubt that.
Shrug...statistics say that 75% of Americans and 70% of the world believe in a God of some type.

Freedom from religion was a big reason for the founding of the country. However the tenets of the faith are not pertinent to that nor are they facts, they are myths and should not be taught in school. If you want you kids to learn about yer all powerful father figure you teach them or send them to church.
I'm curious, which public schools are teaching religion? It's been awhile since I was in school. I dont recall any of the schools I went to teaching religion.

In fact, most schools I remember teach atheism in the form of teaching the big bang and evolution.

Here's one for ya, what if some think the big bang and evolution are a myth, perhaps we need to stop teaching that in school as well?
Come to Kansas. There's a school.down the street in a mostly Catholic town called Garden Plain. Public school, public funding USD 267. Religion class is taught there.
Ok, now there's a difference. That sounds like it's an elective class, meaning you have to specifically sign up for it. It's not like the teachers in social studies and science class are teaching religion.

Also, if the school is going to teach an atheistic view of the world, perhaps it's good that there is a religious alternative, for those that choose.

This is not a required class, correct?
It is a required class. My sister had to go to the local school board to get an exemption for her kids. They have some sorta waver from the state to allow them to teach it in a public school.
Hmmm, interesting. First I've ever heard of a class specifically teaching religion that was required. So, is this a historical philosophical religion class, or are they preaching and teaching specifically christianity? Either way, I agree, something like that should not be mandatory, but then neither should atheistic based science classes that teach Darwin and the big bang.
No, it's catholicism. There's a chaple in the school.

Or maybe you're just teaching your child to be disrespectful.

Just because someone is a "known homosexual, communist" etc, doesn't mean someone can't do a report on that person.

Teaching them to make their own arguments about that person is what it should be about.
There was NO REASON that person should have been even considered for a 6th graders curriculum. I made sure it was removed at least for my child to do a report on. That's my job as a parent.She can do a report on someone worthy of having a report done on them.

Well I cannot comment on the individual as I don't know who they are. However a report is a report, does it matter who it is?

Why does the person need to be "worthy"? Why should a report only show positives. Can people not learn from mistakes?
At 12 years old they don't want kids thinking for themselves they want obedient little drones who repeat what propaganda they are fed. It was Langston Hughes.

Wait, so your daughter could write ANYTHING SHE WANTED in this report about Langston Hughes right?

She could go onto any number of internet sites, she could choose her viewpoint of the guy.

Also, what's wrong with writing a report on Langston Hughes? He was black. Is that it?

Oh, it is, isn't it? You went into school demanding that your daughter not write a report on a guy because he's black.
He as a homosexual communist. Do it on Marcus Garvey or Malcolm X at least they were blacks of decent character and people to be written about.

So, the person someone sleeps with is important? When discussing JFK should children talk about who he fucked?

Surely kids should learn about Communism, even if it's to learn from the mistakes of others.

Marcus Garvey committed mail fraud.
Malcolm X got out of military service by pretending to be mentally disturbed. He committed burglaries (you'll love this, he targeted wealthy white families), got sent to prison. When JFK was killed, Malcolm Little said "chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad; they've always made me glad."

I suppose if you'd done a report on either of these two, you might actually know this stuff.

There was NO REASON that person should have been even considered for a 6th graders curriculum. I made sure it was removed at least for my child to do a report on. That's my job as a parent.She can do a report on someone worthy of having a report done on them.

Well I cannot comment on the individual as I don't know who they are. However a report is a report, does it matter who it is?

Why does the person need to be "worthy"? Why should a report only show positives. Can people not learn from mistakes?
At 12 years old they don't want kids thinking for themselves they want obedient little drones who repeat what propaganda they are fed. It was Langston Hughes.

Wait, so your daughter could write ANYTHING SHE WANTED in this report about Langston Hughes right?

She could go onto any number of internet sites, she could choose her viewpoint of the guy.

Also, what's wrong with writing a report on Langston Hughes? He was black. Is that it?

Oh, it is, isn't it? You went into school demanding that your daughter not write a report on a guy because he's black.
He as a homosexual communist. Do it on Marcus Garvey or Malcolm X at least they were blacks of decent character and people to be written about.

So, the person someone sleeps with is important? When discussing JFK should children talk about who he fucked?

Surely kids should learn about Communism, even if it's to learn from the mistakes of others.

Malcolm X got out of military service by pretending to be mentally disturbed. He committed burglaries (you'll love this, he targeted wealthy white families), got sent to prison. When JFK was killed, Malcolm Little said "chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad; they've always made me glad."

I suppose if you'd done a report on either of these two, you might actually know this stuff.
Garvey was a black nationalist who advocated blacks going back to Africa and Malcolm X and George Lincoln Rockwell were allies in a fight against the true enemy. I have read both their biographies.

Garvey was a black nationalist who advocated blacks going back to Africa and Malcolm X and George Lincoln Rockwell were allies in a fight against the true enemy. I have read both their biographies.

And Langston Hughes was an "American poet, social activist, novelist, playwright, and columnist" according to wikipedia.

But you seem more interested in picking and choosing whatever is convenient for you, rather than actually being consistent.

And Langston Hughes was an "American poet, social activist, novelist, playwright, and columnist" according to wikipedia.

But you seem more interested in picking and choosing whatever is convenient for you, rather than actually being consistent.
And communist and homosexual

Ok, now there's a difference. That sounds like it's an elective class, meaning you have to specifically sign up for it. It's not like the teachers in social studies and science class are teaching religion.

Also, if the school is going to teach an atheistic view of the world, perhaps it's good that there is a religious alternative, for those that choose.

It is a required class. My sister had to go to the local school board to get an exemption for her kids. They have some sorta waver from the state to allow them to teach it in a public school.
Hmmm, interesting. First I've ever heard of a class specifically teaching religion that was required. So, is this a historical philosophical religion class, or are they preaching and teaching specifically christianity? Either way, I agree, something like that should not be mandatory, but then neither should atheistic based science classes that teach Darwin and the big bang.
Interesting. But, as you said, it's a school in the middle of a catholic town. Perhaps the town voted and agreed to allow this?

And communist and homosexual

So, a person who goes robbing and feigns mental problems to get out of war is okay, but a communist and homosexual is bad.

Right.

Also, I'm still struggling with why you wouldn't want someone to write a report on someone who is a communist or homosexual.

Interesting. But, as you said, it's a school in the middle of a catholic town. Perhaps the town voted and agreed to allow this?
No idea. IMHO it's bullshit though. Taxpayer supported religious indoctrination. Unconstitutional as all hell.

Forum List

Back