Light At The End of the Tunnel??

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The perfect storm that allowed FDR to overturn the Constitution and change the relationship between government and the people seems note to be working for Barack the First.....

And that's good news for America!'

1. "In the Time magazine issue published after the 2008 election—whose cover depicted Barack Obama as Franklin Roosevelt—Peter Beinart anticipated a new “era of liberal hegemony” that would last until “Sasha and Malia have kids.”.....Obama is not yet a grandfather, but his era of liberal hegemony only appears to have lasted months, not decades

2. Photoshopping gave Obama the pince-nez and cigarette holder that were FDR’s trademarks but could not conjure the startling congressional majorities of the 1930s.

3. The Depression and New Deal left Republicans discredited, irrelevant, and shattered. GOP House and Senate majorities of 62 percent and 58 percent, respectively, after the 1928 election shrank to caucuses of 20 percent and 17 percent after 1936.

4. Under Obama the trajectory has been the opposite: Republicans have gone from 41 percent of the House seats after the 2008 election to 57 percent after 2014 and from 40 senators to 54.

5. ... Democrats are trying to figure out why the present that dismays them is so much less congenial than the future they recently anticipated. Some have begun to disparage Obamacare,....Half of the 60 Democratic senators who voted for the Affordable Care Act in December 2009—...are no longer in the Senate.

a. These ex-senators include eight who were defeated by Republicans, and eight more who chose not to run again and were succeeded by Republicans.

6. ... Tom Harkin of Iowa, recently told a reporter, “I look back and say we should have either done [health care reform] the correct way or not done anything at all.” Charles Schumer of New York, in the remnant of Democrats whose Senate careers have survived Obamacare, voiced similar sentiments in a National Press Club speech...

a. Arguing that 85 percent of Americans had health insurance they were satisfied with when Democrats took power in 2009, and few of the uninsured voted at all, much less on the basis of health policy, Schumer contended, “To aim a huge change in mandate at such a small percentage of the electorate made no political sense.

b. Months before Democrats were routed in the 2010 midterms, Schumer predicted that Obamacare would be an asset to politicians who had supported it....

c. Not just health care policy but the value and political feasibility of modern liberalism’s raison d’être is at stake.

7.Since “Democrats are the party of government,” the “one principle they all subscribe to is a belief that the federal government can and must intervene in the economic and social spheres to even things out.”

Democrats,... have done a “pathetic job” of getting people to appreciate “the dozens of ways in which the federal government already helps them and their communities.” The resulting “hatred of government we see in this country is sickeningly childish and hypocritical.”
Liars Remorse The Weekly Standard

Gruber correctly identified Obama voters as 'stupid.'

It boils down to this, so eloquently stated by a Republican President:

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

8. "Another liberal columnist, .... went further, insisting that Obamacare, ....is unpopular and voting booth poison is the Democrats’ “own fault.” They’ve “utterly failed” to make voters aware that Affordable Care Act components include popular benefits like preventing health insurance companies from rejecting applicants with preexisting medical conditions and allowing parents to keep sons and daughters as old as 25 on their policies.

Democrats’ “spinelessness” has “allowed Republicans and conservatives to depict a measure that improves the lives and health of millions of Americans as harmful, even un-American,” ...

9. Such sentiments confirm that today’s Democrats are only quasi-democratic. They’re adamant about government of and for the people, but dubious when it comes to government by the people. Yes, they say, government must intervene in the economic and social spheres to do what’s good for the people, but the people are often too limited to understand what’s good for them and too ungrateful to appreciate the benefactions government is already delivering.

10. The voters’ cognitive deficiencies are a retrospective problem for Democrats....new government interventions cannot be secured through candor and clarity, but require guile and subterfuge, a position made clear by MIT economics professor and Obama administration adviser Jonathan Gruber.

Explaining, in 2012, why the Affordable Care Act taxes insurance companies, which will pass along the costs to policyholders, rather than taxing the insured directly, Gruber said, “It’s a very clever, you know, basic exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter.”

What????

Democrat voters just plain stupid????

So saith Democrat tactician???

Well...if the shoe fits.......

11. "In 2013 [Democrat Gruber] told a University of Pennsylvania audience that the ACA “was written in a tortured way” so that neither the Congressional Budget Office nor the public would see its individual mandate to buy heath insurance as a new tax. “Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” Gruber concluded.

“Call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass.”

12. When, days after the 2014 midterm elections, Gruber’s remarks were publicized, Democratic politicians and journalists scrambled to denounce them, and Gruber himself apologized in congressional testimony for his “glib, thoughtless, and sometimes downright insulting comments.”

Disdaining and deceiving the people are indeed affronts to democracy, but are not the only transgressions against American self-government. Gruber’s arrogance was gratuitous, but the deceptions he smugly praised served a Democratic purpose: convincing people that government interventions that can bestow formidable benefits while imposing negligible costs are, despite sounding too good to be true, low-hanging fruit ready to be harvested."

So....who were the 'stupid voters' who bought it like it was on sale?

Yup.

13. " If Democrats were forthright and respectful they would have enough confidence in their proposals and their countrymen to speak plainly. They would say: “We’re not idiots; you’re not idiots; and only an idiot could believe it’s possible for government to do big things that help lots of people without also imposing big costs, through taxes and regulations, that adversely affect lots of people. The reason you should support the Democratic agenda is not that we’re magicians who can make something out of nothing. It’s that the benefits of our programs will exceed their costs—so much so that our country and most of our citizens will be better off paying the higher taxes and complying with the more stringent regulations than we would be absent the taxes, the regulations, and the benefits they make possible.”

a. Democrats eschew such candor with reason. In 1984 Walter Mondale told the voters, “Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won’t tell you. I just did.” Mondale went on to sweep the jurisdictions of Minnesota and the District of Columbia, forcing President Reagan to cobble together an Electoral College majority by carrying the other 49 states."

Let's see....Democrats are, by their nature, liars and curs, and treat their voters as though they are stupid.

But....give the Democrats their due: their voters are stupid.

There is this:

" Nothing Liberals relish more than searching for reasons for being morally indignant! This is because they can’t take the moral high ground on abortion, adultery, illegitimacy, the divorce rate, drugs, crime, a president molesting an intern and then lying to federal investigators. They stake out a clear moral position only on the issue of slavery…of course, when it mattered, they were on the wrong side of that, too."

Now that they have admitted it, add ObamaCare to the list.

I'm thinking we've reached Peak Progressivism. The big question is whether we will tip towards the side of liberty and limited government, or into totalitarian barbarism.

The signs, on a global scale, indicate the latter.

You are a citizen of this country because we've allowed you to be a citizen.

You should shut up and appreciate that.
Who is this "we" shit? Most of us were born here. We didnt need permission from anyone to be citizens. Certainly not you.

PC wasn't born here. Ask her.
She certainly didnt get citizenship or status with your consent.

I find it odd that conservatives who claim to love America want to admit foreigners like PC who clearly hate America.

Who is this "we" shit? Most of us were born here. We didnt need permission from anyone to be citizens. Certainly not you.

Hey, c'mon, that was a crappy thing to say.

Naturalized citizens have just as many rights as Born-Here Citizens, don't they?

Or so the Liberal agenda informs us, when used in the context of Immigration, yes?

Now, because she (supposedly?) was not born here, she doesn't have a right to engage, politically?

I don't think so.

And I don't

I find it odd that conservatives who claim to love America want to admit foreigners like PC who clearly hate America.

And yet, I don't find it all odd that you have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to the thread.

Bada bing.

Hey, c'mon, that was a crappy thing to say.

Naturalized citizens have just as many rights as Born-Here Citizens, don't they?

Really? PC hates America. 99% of her threads are complaints about how awful America is.

And I don't

And yet, I don't find it all odd that you have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to the thread.

Bada bing.

Your condemnation of my posts is the best endorsement they could get.

And I don't

Bada bing.

Your condemnation of my posts is the best endorsement they could get.

I'll bring this down to your level in the faint hope you might achieve grokdom.

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything bad you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

You, finding it necessary to continue to lie, simply to re-establish your appellation, NYLIAR, is hardly necessary.

It's akin to putting a ducking stool on the Titanic.

Is her OP concocted to show popularity or efficacy? Popularity polling can be crafted to expect an answer.

But, since 2009 the administration helped give the economy a soft landing and the legs to achieve not only a stable finacial system, but save industrial jobs as well.

Consumer confidence is way up, unemployment is at levels the Conservatives told us Obama could not achieve.

We have brought the troops home, and bringing an end to our longest war, Afghanistan.

Energy prices are falling in ways "Drill baby, drill!" would envy.

All in spite of an obstructionist legislative branch.

Forum List

Back