Like it or not, God is immoral.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

This clip shows how man has defined morality. I generally agree with it as it closely resembles the morality shown in all the holy books. I see them as closely resembling the golden rule.

TED Blog | The real difference between liberals and conservatives: Jonathan Haidt on TED.com

This clip show how what I see as a good representation of moral men judging God’s morality. I agree with their verdict and judge God to be immoral.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI]God on Trial: The Verdict - YouTube[/ame]

From the above and from all that we know of God as depicted in the Bible, one can only conclude that God is immoral.

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree.

Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans.

If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Regards
DL

Like it or not, god is invisible and non-existant.

The question would then be: is a non-existant invisible being who doesn't want you to find him or see him immoral? Or does the immorality rest with retards who think they can see an invisible non-existant being? Or is it immoral to think that your invisible being is the one true invisible being and all the others are fake?

Nazi's persecute the Jews so therefore God is Immoral.

Fail.

Thanks for showing that you cannot refute the premise.
As usual Christians run from any discussions on morality because they know they do not have a leg to stand on.

:clap2:

Regards
DL

The question would then be: is a non-existant invisible being who doesn't want you to find him or see him immoral? Or does the immorality rest with retards who think they can see an invisible non-existant being? Or is it immoral to think that your invisible being is the one true invisible being and all the others are fake?

No argument but I did specify "God as depicted in the Bible" and that way even non-believers can judge. They would be judging what is written and not an imaginary God.

Regards
DL

What is really your issue with God? You come in here every other day with illogical posts attacking God. Why? What purpose does it serve? Do you honestly think you are going to influence people with experience with the Lord? Do you think that anyone who has felt the power of the Holy Spirit, felt the joy and love of God, that God is anything but the merciful and kind Father of our Souls?

No argument but I did specify "God as depicted in the Bible" and that way even non-believers can judge. They would be judging what is written and not an imaginary God.

Regards
DL

If you judge what is written, then you're still talking about an invisible being.

What is really your issue with God? You come in here every other day with illogical posts attacking God. Why? What purpose does it serve? Do you honestly think you are going to influence people with experience with the Lord? Do you think that anyone who has felt the power of the Holy Spirit, felt the joy and love of God, that God is anything but the merciful and kind Father of our Souls?

I enjoy trying to find out how to see the same invisible beings that you see, but I can't seem to ever see them, never mind magic underwear and ancient submarines. Bummer. :frown:

I enjoy trying to find out how to see the same invisible beings that you see, but I can't seem to ever see them, never mind magic underwear and ancient submarines. Bummer. :frown:

While I wasnt talking to you, I dont think it's difficult to see things the way I see. It just requires work. If you are willing to put in the work to seek God, then you will find Him. He will reveal Himself in His own due time.

Study the Bible. Study the Book of Mormon. Study all the revelations from God. Humble yourself. Kneel before God in spoken prayer. Pour out your heart. Tell Him what you think and feel. If you're sincere and you put in the effort, God will bless you.

When I first investigated, I had no idea whether there was a God or not. If there was one, I had no clue whether it was the Christian God or some other diety. I had no clue whether it was possible to even find out. But I did conclude that if there was a way, God would reveal Himself to me. He did. He had to hit me over my head with a Spiritual 4x4, but He did after I put in the effort. I studied the scriptures. I tried to live what i read the best I could. I sought God in prayer.

And when The Lord sent His Holy Spirit, I couldn't deny it. I realized He was trying to reveal Himself to me before, but I wasnt prepared to listen. When I felt the pure love and joy associated with the Spirit, I had one desire, to keep that joy and love in my life always. I knew I had to change some things in my life. I had to repent and turn to Him for support.

There is still alot of things I need to know. And There are things I need to improve in my life. But I will never forget the day He taught me that Jesus Christ was His Son. Nor will I forget when the Spirit testified to me that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that the Bible and Book of Mormon are true. the event changed my life.

And what amazes me most is God is willing to do that for anyone who will listen. If you seek Him, you will find Him.

While I wasnt talking to you, I dont think it's difficult to see things the way I see. It just requires work. If you are willing to put in the work to seek God, then you will find Him. He will reveal Himself in His own due time.

Study the Bible. Study the Book of Mormon. Study all the revelations from God. Humble yourself. Kneel before God in spoken prayer. Pour out your heart. Tell Him what you think and feel. If you're sincere and you put in the effort, God will bless you.

When I first investigated, I had no idea whether there was a God or not. If there was one, I had no clue whether it was the Christian God or some other diety. I had no clue whether it was possible to even find out. But I did conclude that if there was a way, God would reveal Himself to me. He did. He had to hit me over my head with a Spiritual 4x4, but He did after I put in the effort. I studied the scriptures. I tried to live what i read the best I could. I sought God in prayer.

And when The Lord sent His Holy Spirit, I couldn't deny it. I realized He was trying to reveal Himself to me before, but I wasnt prepared to listen. When I felt the pure love and joy associated with the Spirit, I had one desire, to keep that joy and love in my life always. I knew I had to change some things in my life. I had to repent and turn to Him for support.

There is still alot of things I need to know. And There are things I need to improve in my life. But I will never forget the day He taught me that Jesus Christ was His Son. Nor will I forget when the Spirit testified to me that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that the Bible and Book of Mormon are true. the event changed my life.

And what amazes me most is God is willing to do that for anyone who will listen. If you seek Him, you will find Him.

You know, I looked up Genesis the other day and started to read it. It sounded like the people who wrote it were on magic mushrooms or something. The world wasn't made in six days, and humans don't live to be 600 years old, well, not yet anyways, lol. Never mind the boat thing with the animals which is IMPOSSIBLE!
How does one get through all the malarkey? And then you add on the book of mormons, that's even more whacked than the bible!

Last edited:
Nazi's persecute the Jews so therefore God is Immoral.

Fail.

So, its GOOD god let Jews be persecuted, then? OH, what is this "fail" stuff supposed to mean, anyway? You missed the point. Fail? God is at best, amoral and indifferent to human suffering. Religion itself is a big FAIL. But for some reason, we still want to believe there’s a god up there that is some benevolent supernatural paternal figure.

Last edited:

This clip shows how man has defined morality. I generally agree with it as it closely resembles the morality shown in all the holy books. I see them as closely resembling the golden rule.

TED Blog | The real difference between liberals and conservatives: Jonathan Haidt on TED.com

This clip show how what I see as a good representation of moral men judging God’s morality. I agree with their verdict and judge God to be immoral.

God on Trial: The Verdict - YouTube

From the above and from all that we know of God as depicted in the Bible, one can only conclude that God is immoral.

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree.

Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans.

If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Regards
DL

In other words, no matter what is said in rebuttal, you have said it and it is law

:eusa_hand:

At least you finally acknowledge there IS a God
:lmao:

:cuckoo:

Well, let's see. . .

For the sins committed in Sodom and Gomorrah, he wiped out -EVERYONE- in both cities. Were the children also sinners? Were the infants butt fucking each other?

He wiped out all the first born sons of Egypt over a decision that rested squarely on the shoulders of Pharaoh.

When Hitler was defeated in '45, would it have been the moral thing to do to murder all the first born sons of Germany?

Do I need to cite more examples? The God of the old testament is a fuckin monster according to most widely held opinions of morality.

And let's not forget the big one:

God creates a world and puts humans here. Once they hit age 8, they have until they die to guess which historical guru was God's true avatar. Here's the awesome part: No clues! The only "clue" is a book written by men and compiled, revised, and re-edited by several prominent monarchs. The funny thing is, there's all sorts of other holy books with other explanations, and when you start digging up old cities and ancient animal corpses, none of the shit seems to match up with the explanation in the first chapter of that holy book.

So he puts us all into this guessing game where we've got shitloads of potential options (and many people aren't even in a part of the world where the right answer is one of the prominent ones! Shit out of luck, I guess), and even a good deal of evidence that points -AWAY- from the correct guess, and here's the reward/consequence: You guess right? Eternal happiness at God's right hand, eating clouds and shitting rainbows. You guess wrong? ETERNAL DAMNATION! That's right, you go to hell and spend -FOREVER- in a lake of fire. For not guessing correctly. Awesome.

Yes, what a loving deity you serve.

God creates a world and puts humans here. Once they hit age 8, they have until they die to guess which historical guru was God's true avatar. Here's the awesome part: No clues! The only "clue" is a book written by men and compiled, revised, and re-edited by several prominent monarchs. The funny thing is, there's all sorts of other holy books with other explanations, and when you start digging up old cities and ancient animal corpses, none of the shit seems to match up with the explanation in the first chapter of that holy book.

So he puts us all into this guessing game where we've got shitloads of potential options (and many people aren't even in a part of the world where the right answer is one of the prominent ones! Shit out of luck, I guess), and even a good deal of evidence that points -AWAY- from the correct guess, and here's the reward/consequence: You guess right? Eternal happiness at God's right hand, eating clouds and shitting rainbows. You guess wrong? ETERNAL DAMNATION! That's right, you go to hell and spend -FOREVER- in a lake of fire. For not guessing correctly. Awesome.

Wow

You've been taught some weird shit

Wow

I have. Growing up in Church'll fuck you up if you let it.

Luckily, I'm a skeptic.

Wow

I have. Growing up in Church'll fuck you up if you let it.

Luckily, I'm a skeptic.

I'm sorry you believe that a loving Father would punish you for all of eternity for a short lifetime of mistakes, or that we won't be given the opportunity to accept Him when we're standing in front of His throne.

:eusa_angel:

The Bible makes it clear why God destroyed mankind with a flood. Here is what the complete, inspired and inerrant word of God says:

“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them” (Genesis 5:5-7, KJV, highlights my own).

After the flood, God promised that that he would never again destroy every living thing, and this is the reason He gave:

“And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease” Genesis 8:21-22, KJV, highlights my own).

So let's see if I have this right: God repented that He made mankind, and He destroyed them – men, woman and children - because “the wickedness of man was great in the land, and every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was evil continually. Then the omniscient Creator promised never to do it again and the reason He gave was the very same reason He gave for destroying them to begin with: because “the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth.” The reason the Almighty gave for destroying mankind was the same reason He gave for promising never to do it again. It seems that the God who changeth not is guilty not only of repenting, but also repenting of repenting.

Did God really feel that evil would vanish if He destroyed everyone on the Planet but Noah and his family? Guess what, He was wrong! Well, I suppose that even God is entitled to at least one mistake.

It's just a shame that so many people had to be drowned for God to realize the error of His ways.

The ultimate immorality is the unnecessary taking of human life. But I suppose that it's not really considered murder when God does it.

You know, I looked up Genesis the other day and started to read it. It sounded like the people who wrote it were on magic mushrooms or something. The world wasn't made in six days, and humans don't live to be 600 years old, well, not yet anyways, lol. Never mind the boat thing with the animals which is IMPOSSIBLE!
How does one get through all the malarkey? And then you add on the book of mormons, that's even more whacked than the bible!

Have you inquired of the Lord? And what's so whacked?

only clue? There are lots of clues. And of course, there is the obvious solution: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not."

Forum List

Back